Previous 2018 shows:
21 Europe Spring
----
21 Total 2018

---
Bob Dylan tritt in Deutschland auf
Der Literaturnobelpreisträger gibt sechs Konzerte

»NEVER ENDING TOUR«
Bob Dylan zu sehen, ist ein bisschen wie in den Spiegel zu schauen: Kaum ein Musiker verkörpert die Wandlungen der Zeit so exzessiv wie er. 1941 in Duluth, Minnesota, geboren, hat er in den Cafés von Greenwich Village begonnen, Musik zu machen, und wurde zur Protestikone, als die USA die Welt in Vietnam und Kuba neu ordnen wollten.

Seither ist Bob Dylan ein Meister der Neuerfindung. Der Sohn jüdischer Immigranten konvertierte zum Erweckungschristen, und spätestens mit seinem Hit »Like a Rolling Stone« aus dem Jahr 1965 verwandelte sich der Protest-Song-Schreiber zur Rock-Ikone.

WANDLUNGEN Schon nach Beginn des Vietnam-Krieges und auch dem Attentat auf John F. Kennedy 1963 reagierte Dylan auf die neue Ordnung der Welt und vereinte Elektronik und Folk, Songwriting und Rockmusik. So verband er in seiner Musik alle Stimmungen, die in der Luft lagen – und wurde dafür zunächst ausgebuht.

Heute wissen seine Fans, dass Dylans Wandlungen auch die Art und Weise widerspiegeln wie sie die Welt sehen. Gekonnt balanciert er zwischen privatem Rückzug, innerem Mikrokosmos und Weltpolitik. Das Politische wird bei ihm privat, das Private politisch.

Das macht seine Lyrik, die im vergangenen Jahr mit dem Literaturnobelpreis ausgezeichnet wurde, so groß und so intim. Aus diesem Spiel gehen Lyrics wie in »Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door«, »Mr. Tambourine Man« und »Girl From The North Country« hervor. Selbst die kapitalisierte Gegenwart hatte der Ex-Protestler spätestens zu dem Zeitpunkt in den Sack gesteckt, als er seinen Hit »The Times They Are a-Changin’« für die Werbung für eine Bank oder eine Versicherung freigab.

MODERNE Wenn Dylan nun, nach über drei Dutzend Studioalben, seine »Never Ending Tour« in Neu-Ulm, Krefeld, Bielefeld, Leipzig, Nürnberg und Baden-Baden fortsetzt, sind das mehr als nur einfach Rock-Konzerte. Dylan, der Mann mit Mundharmonika und Klampfe, besingt den Soundtrack einer sich ständig ändernden Welt. »The Times They Are a-Changin’« ist das eigentliche Motto unserer Moderne, und Dylan lebt es – bis heute.

Geändert hat sich auch der Preis, den wir für diese nostalgische Reise zahlen müssen. Dylan ist längst ein Klassiker, und dafür nimmt er zum Beispiel am Donnerstagabend in Neu-Ulm stolze 120 Euro Eintritt – Tickets in den beiden unteren Preisklassen sind bereits vergriffen. Musikgeschichte hat eben ihren Preis!

http://www.juedische-allgemeine.de/arti ... w/id/31298

As web-translated:

Bob Dylan appears in Germany
The Nobel Prize for Literature gives six concerts

»NEVER ENDING TOUR«
To see Bob Dylan is a bit like looking in the mirror: Hardly any other musician embodies the changes of time as excessively as he does. Born in 1941 in Duluth, Minnesota, he started making music in Greenwich Village's cafés and became a protest icon when the US wanted to reorganize the world in Vietnam and Cuba.

Since then Bob Dylan is a master of the invention. The son of Jewish immigrants converted to the revivalist, and at the latest with his hit "Like a Rolling Stone" from 1965, the protest songwriter turned into a rock icon.

CHANGES Already after the start of the Vietnam War and the assassination of John F. Kennedy in 1963 Dylan reacted to the new order of the world and combined electronics and folk, songwriting and rock music. So he combined in his music all the moods that were in the air - and was initially booed.

Today, his fans know that Dylan's transformations also reflect the way they see the world. Skillfully balancing between private retreat, inner microcosm and world politics. The political becomes private with him, the private political.

That's what makes his poetry, which received the Nobel Prize for Literature last year, so big and so intimate. Lyrics like "Knockin 'On Heaven's Door," "Mr. Tambourine Man and Girl From The North Country. Even the capitalized present had put the ex-protester in the bag by the time he released his hit The Times They Are a Changin for advertising a bank or insurance company.

MODERN When Dylan continues his "Never Ending Tour" in Neu-Ulm, Krefeld, Bielefeld, Leipzig, Nuremberg and Baden-Baden after more than three dozen studio albums, these are more than just rock concerts. Dylan, the man with harmonica and guitars, sings the soundtrack of a constantly changing world. "The Times They Are a-Changin" is the true motto of our modern day, and Dylan lives it - until today.

The price we have to pay for this nostalgic trip has also changed. Dylan has long been a classic, and he takes for example on Thursday evening in Neu-Ulm proud 120 Euro admission - Tickets in the two lower price ranges are already out of print. Music history has its price!

http://www.juedische-allgemeine.de/arti ... w/id/31298

PostPosted: Sat April 21st, 2018, 22:35 GMT 

Last time he played here:

Nürnberg Arena
Nuremberg, Germany
7 November 2011

1. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat
2. It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
3. Things Have Changed
4. Mississippi
5. Honest With Me
6. Tangled Up In Blue
7. The Levee's Gonna Break
8. Desolation Row
9. Highway 61 Revisited
10. Man In The Long Black Coat
11. Thunder On The Mountain
12. Ballad Of A Thin Man
13. All Along The Watchtower
14. Like A Rolling Stone

PostPosted: Sun April 22nd, 2018, 15:26 GMT 

First time he played here:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bob-dyla ... 7c3d9.html

About historical relevance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqdvW6Ys13Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j829GLYM7c

PostPosted: Sun April 22nd, 2018, 17:48 GMT 
Promethium Member

cabanascaravan wrote:

Excellent Cabana were you there?

JUL 1 1978
Bob Dylan Setlist
at Zeppelinfeld, Nuremberg, Germany

Setlist: (if it matches Olaf’s)
See: http://www.expectingrain.com/discussion ... 92faa71c0f

She's Love Crazy
(Tampa Red cover)
Baby, Stop Crying
Mr. Tambourine Man
Shelter From the Storm
It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
Tangled Up in Blue
Ballad of a Thin Man
Maggie's Farm
I Don't Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met)
Like a Rolling Stone
I Shall Be Released
Going, Going, Gone
A Change Is Gonna Come
(Sam Cooke cover)
Love Minus Zero/No Limit
A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
One of Us Must Know (Sooner or Later)
You're a Big Girl Now
One More Cup of Coffee (Valley Below)
Blowin' in the Wind
I Want You
Señor (Tales of Yankee Power)
Masters of War
Just Like a Woman
Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
All Along the Watchtower
All I Really Want to Do
It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
Forever Young
I'll Be Your Baby Tonight
The Times They Are A-Changin'

PostPosted: Sun April 22nd, 2018, 20:05 GMT 

Thanks!

And yes, I've been there -now and then, somehow.

PostPosted: Sun April 22nd, 2018, 20:18 GMT 

Nuremberg, Germany
Frankenhalle
April 22, 2018

1. Things Have Changed
2. Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
3. Highway 61 Revisited
4. Simple Twist Of Fate
5. Duquesne Whistle
6. Melancholy Mood
7. Honest With Me
8. Tryin' To Get To Heaven
9. Come Rain Or Come Shine
10. Pay In Blood
11. Tangled Up In Blue
12. Early Roman Kings
13. Desolation Row
14. Love Sick
15. Autumn Leaves
16. Thunder On The Mountain
17. Soon After Midnight
18. Long and Wasted Years

(encore)
19. Blowin' In The Wind
20. Ballad Of A Thin Man

Thanks to Hermann Rechberger and Harald Hix for the emails.

Set lists, reviews, and information on
upcoming concerts can be found on the Bob Links
Tour Infomation page located at:
http://www.boblinks.com

Bob Links Main Page:
http://www.boblinks.com

PostPosted: Sun April 22nd, 2018, 22:17 GMT 
Promethium Member

Thanks Bill!

PostPosted: Mon April 23rd, 2018, 05:26 GMT 
Titanium Member

each show is a car

1951 GM LeSabre

Harley Earl - GM Designer Extraordinaire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYY9GUrrkds

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh4xTuVF_V4 ... anostalgic

PostPosted: Mon April 23rd, 2018, 14:47 GMT 

The quality of the current shows is so consistently high that I think some cannot see the forest for the trees and fail to recognize the historical importance of the performances. These are shows for the ages. Dylan's voice in great shape, his singing heartfelt and expressive, displaying a wide range of emotions and truly bringing the songs to life. The voice of a man totally in control of his art. The band as tight as ever. Perhaps the best Rock & Roll band in the business today.

I think that if you asked Dylan he might tell you that the current shows come closest to the sound he has been hearing in his head ever since he decided he wanted "to join Little Richard", the sound of the perfect Rock & Roll concert.

PostPosted: Mon April 23rd, 2018, 15:54 GMT 

My Echo, My Shadow And Me wrote:
The quality of the current shows is so consistently high that I think some cannot see the forest for the trees and fail to recognize the historical importance of the performances. These are shows for the ages. Dylan's voice in great shape, his singing heartfelt and expressive, displaying a wide range of emotions and truly bringing the songs to life. The voice of a man totally in control of his art. The band as tight as ever. Perhaps the best Rock & Roll band in the business today.

I think that if you asked Dylan he might tell you that the current shows come closest to the sound he has been hearing in his head ever since he decided he wanted "to join Little Richard", the sound of the perfect Rock & Roll concert.

This.
Nuremberg was another fine example for this. In front of an enthusiastic crowd we witnessed a beautiful concert. Magic happened again. Time was out of mind.

PostPosted: Mon April 23rd, 2018, 17:36 GMT 

These are shows for the ages. Dylan's voice in great shape, his singing heartfelt and expressive, displaying a wide range of emotions and truly bringing the songs to life. The voice of a man totally in control of his art. The band as tight as ever.

word.

PostPosted: Mon April 23rd, 2018, 19:44 GMT 

Location: Well I'm already there in my mind and that's good enough for now

hear hear
Thank You all for reporting!

PostPosted: Mon April 23rd, 2018, 21:31 GMT 

During "Desolation Row" Stu left the stage and came back with a new guitar after maybe 20 or 30 seconds. Has somebody an idea what happened ?

PostPosted: Mon April 23rd, 2018, 22:17 GMT 

teufelskerle wrote:
During "Desolation Row" Stu left the stage and came back with a new guitar after maybe 20 or 30 seconds. Has somebody an idea what happened ?

Guitar malfunction? Or did he pick the wrong guitar for the song and only realized this some seconds into the song? Are you sure this was during "Desolation Row"?

PostPosted: Tue April 24th, 2018, 00:04 GMT 
Titanium Member

Why does it seem every guitar guy has to have a different guitar for every song?
I’m more impressed with a guy who can make one guitar play through a whole concert.

PostPosted: Tue April 24th, 2018, 05:52 GMT 

teufelskerle wrote:

Guitar malfunction? Or did he pick the wrong guitar for the song and only realized this some seconds into the song? Are you sure this was during "Desolation Row"?

Yes, it was during DR....(... I think .... ) :?:

PostPosted: Tue April 24th, 2018, 07:34 GMT 

It was a great concert! It began right at 8 PM, maybe even a minute early... people were still walking in. Other than that, the audience seemed really appreciative.

I hadn't listened to many bootlegs of this year before, because I wanted to be surprised - and it worked!

Pay in Blood was re-worked pretty well, I think with a new melody for the start of the verses. Interestingly, sometimes Bob sang the words in this new melody, sometimes he just sang the "studio melody" over the band playing the new one.
While THC and TUIB both aren't my favorite versions of the last few years, I still appreciate Bob keeping them fresh.
I was really happy Thunder On The Mountain was as great as the last bootleg I've heard it on. :) Duquesne Whistle was changed as well, sounds like another song now.

Melancholy Mood is one of my favorites of the standards. I think this was the one song Bob had problems with this evening. It often felt like he wanted to reach tones he couldn't and then adjusted his approach mid-line. I still enjoyed it, but I prefer the studio take. However, Come Rain or Come Shine sounded better than on the CD (to me) and Autumn Leaves is always a highlight!

Other songs I really liked this time:
Dont't Think Twice, Simple Twist of Fate, Honest With Me, Desolation Row (I also saw Stu leaving the stage at the beginning of it), Long and Wasted Years and (surprisingly) Blowin in the Wind.

PostPosted: Tue April 24th, 2018, 10:14 GMT 
Promethium Member

Hawk, Truffletree, Precious & other goers: Cheers!

Echo: agree with your statement whole-heartedly.
Especially your opening sentence:

“The quality of the current shows is so consistently high that I think some cannot see the forest for the trees and fail to recognize the historical importance of the performances.”

Most that go don’t seem to have any regrets for doing so.

PostPosted: Tue April 24th, 2018, 17:43 GMT 

No regret is the beginning of all wisdom.