Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu December 14th, 2017, 02:25 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 993 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: Best Brews on Tour
PostPosted: Thu March 28th, 2013, 17:41 GMT 
Promethium Member

wedding wrote:
ow,so many Belgian beers I have never heard from.They must be for export only. I'm going on an investigation with your list. Maybe I can import them back :wink:

I thinks the name of the place was Max's, wedding.
Baltimore Inner Harbor - Fell's region

PostPosted: Mon April 1st, 2013, 23:56 GMT 
Promethium Member

Best Brews on Tour
Kingston, RI - 2013 Show #3

Rhode Island Microbreweries

Rhode Island has a handful of microbreweries and brewpubs located in Northern and Southern, Rhode Island. One of the best and most exciting features of the microbrew is how truly unique the brews are. The various flavors are often given names fitting for the region in which it is sold, to go along with a theme that the microbrewery has, or the way in which the beer is brewed. Microbreweries tend to use local products to create unique regional flavors for their brews. Massachusetts has been brewing beer for years. Browse the listings below to find a microbrewery near you or your vacation spot. Some of the popular microbreweries in Rhode Island include John Harvard’s, Trinity Brewhouse and Coastal Extreme Brewing Company in Newport, RI.

Northern Rhode Island Microbreweries

Basement BrewHaus
116 Calverley Street
Providence, RI 02903
Ph: 401-272-9449

John Harvard’s
36 Exchange Terrace
Providence, RI 02903
Ph: 401-274-2739

Lovecraft Draft Cider
311 Angell Street
Providence, RI 02940
Ph: 888-522-4337

Narragansett Brewing Co.
a.k.a. Nasty Gansetts
60 Ship Street
Providence, RI 02940
Ph: 401-437-8970

Trinity Brewhouse
180 Fountain Street
Providence, RI 02903
Ph: 401-453-2337

Union Station Brewery
36 Exchange Terrace #2
Providence, RI 02903
Ph: 401-274-2739

Central Rhode Island Microbreweries

New Yankee Brewing
5449 Flat River Rd.
Greene, RI
Ph: 401-397-3412

Southern Rhode Island Microbreweries

Coddington Brewing
210 Coddington Highway
Middletown, RI 02842
Ph: 401-847-6690

Coastal Extreme Brewing
307 Oliphant Lane
Newport, RI 02840
Ph: 401-849-5232

Mews Tavern
456 Main Street
South Kingstown, RI
Ph: 401-783-9370

Andrea R. Of Providence says:
They have 69 beers on tap, so if you enjoy beer - this is the place for you.

Yesterdays & The Place
28 Washington St.
Newport, RI 02840
Ph: 401-847-0125

http://www.rhodeisland-living.com/microbreweries

PostPosted: Fri April 5th, 2013, 22:47 GMT 
Titanium Member

It's not too late (nor is it too early) to stop in for your pre-show beer at this fine brewery on your way into Buffalo, NY!

http://pearlstreetgrill.com/home

now that's a tap room!

PostPosted: Fri April 5th, 2013, 22:51 GMT 
Promethium Member

Street Brawler Stout it is!

PostPosted: Sat April 6th, 2013, 16:02 GMT 
Titanium Member

this amherst brewery is calling to you today, try it for breakfast lunch and dinner!

http://www.amherstbrewing.com/house-beers.html

PostPosted: Tue April 9th, 2013, 10:15 GMT 
Promethium Member

Where to go for real beer in Lowell?

PostPosted: Fri April 12th, 2013, 16:02 GMT 
Titanium Member

wow, i feel so bad for ominously leaving you hanging on this one BF, but honestly, where were your resourceful East Coasters? I'm starting to think there are unappreciated drinking establishments on the E.C. . But I will step in and rescue you in this case scenario:

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Troubadour64 wrote:
oops, apparently it's a microchain

Shit.

Troubadour64 wrote:
Well it's the most beautiful thing i've seen in Jersey!

True.

Troubadour64 wrote:
Irish Dry Stout
OG: 1.038 Color: 50 IBU: 20 Alc by Vol: 3.8%
Classic Irish stout. Black in color, toasty malt flavor and a pronounced dry bitterness. Served on nitrogen for a creamy mouthfeel.

Irish Red Ale
OG: 1.048 Color: 10 IBU: 35 Alc by Vol: 4.5%
Medium-bodied red ale with distinct hop character and a touch of caramel sweetness. Served on nitrogen for a creamy mouthfeel.

Might work though.

it most certainly will not work! the Nitro presence and those alcohol concentrations are archaic, and not in a trappist monk sort of way. Good stouts deserve the freeing properties of a proper CO2 gas treatment. These often under-appreciated bubbles go a long, unnoticed way towards enjoying tastes of fine liquids such as sparkling water and wine. Nitro is OK when applied to scotch ales and Boddingtons, because nothing can help the latter's case. Sadly I have yet to find a beer I'm quite proud of from my old island. There are some good English brews.

Speaking of Scotch ales, I don't know if I mentioned it yet, but these are quite useful for drinking multiples this time of year. Light and full flavored, with a hint of easy flavors to make it go down easy. Another beer that seems to be more flattering when it's in a nicely packaged can. That's another perk, because you can take them onto pool decks that way. (IPA and cans are becoming quite popular)

really enjoyed this series:

and why not take a little West Coast with you to your East Coast show. I keep one in my pocket in case there's ever a dive bar i want to go to and their only dark beer is guinness. I do love dive bars for the record. i think i'd take sam adams over guinness these days. i'd definitely take an anchor.

http://www.denveroffthewagon.com/wp-con ... d-Chub.jpg

see how convenient they can be?

http://www.denveroffthewagon.com/wp-con ... d-Chub.jpg

PostPosted: Sat April 13th, 2013, 13:50 GMT 
Promethium Member

Troubadour64 wrote:
I do love dive bars for the record.

You'd like these then, Troubs...
Before the L&L shows I ended up at Worthens (?) in Lowell and The Cage in Lewiston, the ultimate in dive bars. The leather & tattoo clad individuals that had been in The Cage all day played Tangled on the Jukebox (several times, mind you) in my honor when they found out I was in town for Bob. Smuttynose IPA was the best I could do there.
If there ain't no good beer around, then the local dive culture truly makes up for it.
Thanks to the nice couple out front on the street that asked for directions, and then gave me a ride to the Colisee in the drizzlin' rain.

Oh, and I agree with you Troubs, about the Nitro.

PostPosted: Sat April 13th, 2013, 18:52 GMT 
Promethium Member

Best Brews on Tour
California, PA - 2013 Show #7

It doesn't look like good beer, but the name sure is catchy!

Dusquesne Brewery

Duquesne Pilsener
Duquesne Pilsener is a straw yellow pilsener made with two-row barley that provides a very gentle bite and is brewed with extra malt for a bright white head. It possesses a clean aroma that is slightly hoppy and balanced with mild maltiness. The use of premium two-row malt gives Duquesne Pilsener more body than the typical American brew.

The beer’s strongest seasoning is a blend of three premium hops — Hallertau hops from Germany, Saaz hops from the Czech Republic and Magnum hops from Washington State.

In short:

» Nice, subtle balanced hops, with less bitterness, leaving a smooth, gentle “bite” of taste.
» Rich body and light carbonation gives a silky texture to the mouth.
» Leaves a soft, very subtle and pleasant aftertaste or finish.
Duquesne LT
Duquesne LT is the low calorie version of our flagship Duquesne Pilsener brand. Like Duquesne Pilsener, it is a straw yellow pilsener made with 100% of the finest two-row barley available. Duquesne LT is the only low calorie beer in America brewed with 100% two-row barley, which gives it a crisp, clean finish. Using all two-row barley gives Duquesne LT a fuller body than other low calorie beers without any aftertaste. Don’t let this full bodied flavor fool you, Duquesne LT is still only 96 calories and 3.2 grams of carbohydrates.

The soul of Duquesne LT’s flavor is a blend of three premium hops: Hallertau hops from Germany, Magnum hops from Germany, and Saaz hops from the Czech republic.

The hop blend provides a gentle hop bite on the tip of the tongue that gives way to the malt sweetness from the use of all two-row barley. Using only the finest ingredients available, Duquesne LT will make you question if you’re really drinking a 96-calorie beer.

----
http://duquesnebeer.com/our-beer/

PostPosted: Sat April 13th, 2013, 20:12 GMT 
Titanium Member

Still Go Barefoot wrote:

Duquesne Pilsener
Duquesne Pilsener is a straw yellow pilsener made with two-row barley that provides a very gentle bite and is brewed with extra malt for a bright white head. It possesses a clean aroma that is slightly hoppy and balanced with mild maltiness. The use of premium two-row malt gives Duquesne Pilsener more body than the typical American brew.

The beer’s strongest seasoning is a blend of three premium hops — Hallertau hops from Germany, Saaz hops from the Czech Republic and Magnum hops from Washington State.

In short:

what's the temperature in California today? I mean California, Pennsylvania? If it's above 67, ... I don't know BF, I read that pilsner description, particularly the phrase, The beer’s strongest seasoning is a blend of three premium hops — Hallertau hops from Germany, Saaz hops from the Czech Republic and Magnum hops from Washington State.

well, it raised my eyebrows, then my eyes were opened wide, then I saw my tastebuds where salivating. BUT, if it's not above 67, pick up a 6 pack or a growler and bring it with you to Champaign, IL. I will gladly pay top dollar for it. It's very close to the "other" Carbondale. or perhaps the real deal.

speaking of deals, can anybody explain the idea behind the deal that says SPECIAL: 6 pack of 16 oz. of <fill in the blank> for $4.99. That idea chilled me to my very bones. Drinking alcohol in an enjoyable way should not resemble the experience of having medicine with alcohol in it. That's my public service message for the weekend.

Quote:
You'd like these then, Troubs...
Before the L&L shows I ended up at Worthens (?) in Lowell and The Cage in Lewiston, the ultimate in dive bars. The leather & tattoo clad individuals that had been in The Cage all day played Tangled on the Jukebox (several times, mind you) in my honor when they found out I was in town for Bob. Smuttynose IPA was the best I could do there.
If there ain't no good beer around, then the local dive culture truly makes up for it.

Thanks to the nice couple out front on the street that asked for directions, and then gave me a ride to the Colisee in the drizzlin' rain.

Oh, and I agree with you Troubs, about the Nitro.

oh i hadn't read this earlier. HOW very cool. this is the secret pre-show bar experience I always hope for. I smelled something similar in Milwaukee when I crossed a river and heard dire straits played from a bar to its streets. beer and Milwaukee is a nice pairing. but a Smuttynose in a dive bar? that's when you know you are on the East Coast. I would pay premium for that experience. Double if the Cage experience happened in Lowell, which is, the honorary DiveTown of Indiana, which is, the honorary DiveState of the nation. please tell me if routes 6, 12, or 20 run anywhere near there...

true story!

http://www.starzdiving.com/

HOWEVER, if you don't have time for the local option in Pennsylvania today, This Sixer could do the job for two people if necessary. that breaks down to $6 dollars a person. Now we're talking a deal.

i'm also very happy with it's name. It's the best special brew they've put out since The Hairy Eyeball

Image,
and this one is bona fide perfectly seasonally appropriate. And, it receives the award for LITERALLY THE BEST BEER LABEL I HAVE EVER READ IN MY LIFE.

and that, plus its stellar name and flavor, is why it's featured as another great beer option for today. probably for tomorrow too.

and it is

this

and this

and this
(one interesting thing about Lagunitas Beers is that the label descriptions are on the bottom of the sixpack, which you literally discover after you've checked all four sides. Then you look like a big dork in the store and risk rotator cuff damage when you read your label). This one was worth the effort:

There is a symmetry to everything. Hot will always cool. Up always comes to down. Market rise and crash. $2 per gallon then $4 per gallon then $2. First the right begets the left; then the left becomes the right; and then the right becomes the wrong all over again. Hop prices do soar and then just as surely crash and everyone cries except the brewer. Some drugs are legal (like alcohol) while others are forbidden. Ask the former NY Governor or PeeWee Herman. Saddam and Noriega once got paychecks from the CIA? The King of Beers becomes another's brood mare. GM becomes Gee...Um... How many times have you heard an unusual word several times in one day. What is one day undercover- is the next day revealed- and then slunks back down where it came from again. The sun went down today and returns tomorrow as if for the first time. When governments are simple, people are simple. When governments are clever, people are clever (right, Trev?). Earth mirrors heaven. There is symmetry in everything.
Even Bob Dylan shows.
- That's my own take on the ending.

and the story here:

Lagunitas - Undercover Investigation Shutdown Ale (9.2% ABV) In 2005, Lagunitas was not allowed to sell beer for 20 days after an eight week undercover investigation by the California Alcohol Beverage Control Board.Two agents repeatedly tried to buy marijuana from people at the Thursday night tasting parties at the Lagunitas Brewery. It was offered free, but no one would sell it to them... To commemorate this fine effort by the Control Board, Lagunitas decided to brew the "Undercover Investigation Shutdown Ale". Pours an orangeish copper color with a small head. Nose is that hoppy orangeygrapefruitypiney smell we love about Lagunitas brews but I'm also picking something else out.. soy sauce? Flavor is initially fruity which follows the nose, then a sweet malty stickiness and a slighty bitter finish. Mouthfeel is syrupy, almost chewy and while alcohol is hidden there is a little warming telling you its 9% beer. At $1.50 a bottle for an Imperial IPA, this has to be one of the better values in the craft beer world. The Lagunitas Pale Ale, IPA and the Shutdown Ale all share the same genetics but thats a good thing in this case, like the same car with a 4/6/8 cylinder engine option. Drink the New Dogtown Pale Ale when you want something a little lighter and refreshing, drink the IPA anytime and drink the Undercover Investigation when you need to get Shut-Down.

man, and I used to think a lot could be packed into a song

Cheers everybody, i sense a very good show coming on.

PostPosted: Sat April 13th, 2013, 20:33 GMT 
Titanium Member

Still Go Barefoot wrote:

Rhode Island has a handful of microbreweries and brewpubs located in Northern and Southern, Rhode Island. One of the best and most exciting features of the microbrew is how truly unique the brews are. The various flavors are often given names fitting for the region in which it is sold, to go along with a theme that the microbrewery has, or the way in which the beer is brewed. Microbreweries tend to use local products to create unique regional flavors for their brews. Massachusetts has been brewing beer for years. Browse the listings below to find a microbrewery near you or your vacation spot. Some of the popular microbreweries in Rhode Island include John Harvard’s, Trinity Brewhouse and Coastal Extreme Brewing Company in Newport, RI.

this is poetry to my mind....and as Barefoot places it into this thread it reveals on thing that's true: it's a great way to explore America, similar to following a Bob Dylan tour itinerary.

it's a promising career for hard working individuals that care about a product and know how to stand up the B.S. And you can learn science and art along the way. Brewers are like empowered farmers. They have their fingers on the World's pulse.

PostPosted: Sat April 13th, 2013, 21:46 GMT 
Promethium Member

Troubadour64 wrote:
this is poetry to my mind....and as Barefoot places it into this thread it reveals on thing that's true: it's a great way to explore America, similar to following a Bob Dylan tour itinerary.

Preferably both!

PostPosted: Sat April 13th, 2013, 21:48 GMT 
Titanium Member

I am a HUGE advocate of multi tasking.

PostPosted: Sat April 13th, 2013, 22:03 GMT 
Promethium Member

Troubadour64 wrote:
I am a HUGE advocate of multi tasking.

I figured that.

PostPosted: Sun April 14th, 2013, 23:54 GMT 
Titanium Member

for those running late and are skipping Dawes, or who are in town tomorrow.

I couldn't find much in Ithica, but what i did find has great substance. here's what i could find:

great names on everything.

http://www.roguesharbor.com/our-beer#.UWs4Eq7e7nw

those really running late should pick up one of these for the road:
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/rogues-har ... it/191848/

PostPosted: Mon April 15th, 2013, 00:06 GMT 
Promethium Member

These guys look ok...

Bandwagon Beer Pub
114 N. Cayuga St, Ithaca, NY 14850

Bandwagon Beer Descriptions
*** Due to our small size and love of trying new things our beers in the pub change frequently. Check out our daily drink menu to see what’s on tap tonight!

Year Round

Hidden Rabbit Hefeweizen (formerly known as ‘Hefe-Wheat’)
A German Hefeweizen brewed with coriander and chamomile flowers. This beer is brewed with a special wheat yeast strain that is classified as “Mid-fermenting” This yeast along with a recipe composed of 60% wheat malt contributes a characteristic haze and fruity flavor.
SRM: 5 ABV: 4.7% IBU: 13

Pedro’s Pale Ale
A classic American Pale Ale that features a diverse blend of malts, but still allows a flavorful bounty of American hops to prevail. Cascade, Columbus and Summit hops give this brew a hoppy and slightly bitter flavor.
SRM: 7 ABV: 5.5% IBU: 45

Ezra Red Ale
This American Red Ale is brewed in honor of Cornell University. A blend of light and dark crystal malts gives this brew a sweet malt character. Cluster, Cascade and Columbus hops added throughout the boil provide a nice balance of hop bitterness, flavor and aroma.
SRM: 16 ABV 5.0% IBU: 32

Pirate Eye I.P.A.
This American India Pale Ale contains only Pale and Honey malts. The hop flavor comes from a huge amount of Columbus, Cluster, Cascade and Summit hops. We add all the hops in the last 20 minutes of the boil to provide a big hop flavor without a lot of bitterness.
SRM: 11 ABV: 6.8% IBU: 60

The Honey Brunette
An American Amber Ale brewed with Crystal, Honey and Brown Malts. We finish this beer with local honey from Waid’s Apiaries (Interlaken, NY) to add a slightly sweet flavor.
SRM: 16 ABV 5.5% IBU:22

High Step Weizenbock **2012 Best Craft Beer in NYS**
This award winning Weizenbock is brewed with a blend of crystal, Munich and honey malts. Mild Tettnanger and Hallertau hops provide balance to this intense malt character while our wheat yeast imparts aromatic and flavorful notes of dark fruits.
SRM: 13 ABV 9.3% IBU 16

Sully’s Irish Stout
Sully’s Irish Stout is a classic Dry Irish Stout. Flaked barley gives this brew a fully mouth feel while ample amounts of roasted barley provide a pleasant roasted taste. Kent Golding hops help to balance out the full body of this brew so you can enjoy pint after pint!
SRM:3 ABV:4.1% IBU: 33

Spring and Summer Brews

Humulus Hefeweizen
This is a hybrid of two of our favorite styles. We used the malt and yeast components of a Hefeweizen and the hop schedule of an IPA. The result: a pleasantly fruity and hoppy brew! A blend of cascade and Columbus hops give this beer a distinct yet balanced hop flavor. Our Hefewezien yeast compliments the floral hop flavors while also contributing a subtle sweetness. Welcome in the change of seasons with this hearty, yet refreshing BWB Beer!
SRM: 12 ABV: 7.1% IBU: 58

Strawberry Cream
A light beer with a pleasant aroma and taste of…. you guessed it, strawberries. How do we do it? 60 pounds of strawberries per batch!
SRM: 7 ABV: 6.0% IBU: 3

Watermelon Wheat
The BWB Watermelon Wheat is brewed with a blend of wheat and other lightly colored & sweet malts. We also used a small percentage of acidulated malt (barley malted with lactic acid) to contribute a subtle sour flavor. Freshly pureed watermelons are added to the secondary fermenter to give this summer brew a refreshingly sweet twist!
SRM: 5 ABV: 4.5% IBU: 12

Loc-ale
Description: The BWB Loc-Ale is our first brew that uses over 90% locally grown barley. Not only was this barley locally grown, it was also locally malted by Malts of New York (just outside if Ithaca, NY). A small amount of honey and Munich malts give this ale a slightly sweet malt character. An ample blend of cascade and summit hops provides this beer with a refreshing hop character. Keep an eye out for many more beers brewed with malt from malts of New York!
SRM: 12 ABV: 4.9% IBU: 28

Pop’s Session Ale
The BWB Pop’s Session Ale is an American Blonde Ale with a refreshing hop character. Pale Ale, Munich and Honey malts make up the malt bill and provide this brew with light and smooth body. A healthy dose of glacier and cascade hops gives this beer a crisp hop flavor. The low alcohol and refreshing flavor of this ale make it perfect to enjoy pint after pint on a hot day! Raise a pint to all the great Pops out there!!
SRM: 6 ABV: 4.7% IBU: 25

Fall & Winter Brews

Raspberry Jalapeno
A red ale with a hint of fruit and a spicy kick! We add real jalapenos during the boil and real raspberries during the second fermentation.
SRM: 11 ABV 5.5% IBU: 4

Pumpkin Ale
An American amber ale brewed with real pumpkins in the mash and our own blend of spices in the boil. Honey Munich and caramel malts contribute to a sweet malt character while Hallertau hops provide a subtle and mild hop flavor. Sip on this brew while you enjoy the beautiful Ithacan Fall!
SRM: 13 ABV: 5.5% IBU: 18

Frosty’s Winter Ale
Frosty’s Winter Ale is our Winter Seasonal. This malty amber ale features a mild chocolate taste that is balanced by our special blend of spices and a nose of toast & vanilla. Have a pint & warm your yourself this winter
SRM: 25 ABV: 6.5% IBU: 20

Scotch Ale
The BWB Scotch Ale falls under no defined style. Huge amounts of crystal and black patent malt give this brew a full and roasty body. A small amount of peated malt contributes a subtle smoky flavor. Liberty hops provide a mild hop flavor.
SRM: 36 ABV 6.0% IBU: 10

Peanut Butter Chocolate Stout
The BWB Peanut Butter Chocolate Stout is an American Stout brewed with organic Peanut Butter and Cocoa. Not much more needs to be said…give it a try!
ABV: 6.5% SRM 27 IBU 48

http://bandwagonbeer.wordpress.com/band ... criptions/

PostPosted: Mon April 15th, 2013, 01:10 GMT 
Titanium Member

Peanut butter Chocolate Stout!!!!

yum

PostPosted: Mon April 15th, 2013, 01:12 GMT 
Promethium Member

Troubadour64 wrote:
Peanut butter Chocolate Stout!!!!

yum

I saw that and seriously wondered whassup?

PostPosted: Mon April 15th, 2013, 01:15 GMT 
Titanium Member

that's usually the first sign that you're ready to order!

PostPosted: Mon April 15th, 2013, 01:27 GMT 
Promethium Member

Troubadour64 wrote:
that's usually the first sign that you're ready to order!

I think I'd do a taster. But would not expect to like it. You nevah nevah know.

PostPosted: Mon April 15th, 2013, 05:58 GMT 

Ever try a Rogue Double Chocolate Stout topped with a bit o' Framboise? Tasty, tasty beverage. Altho, the Rogue D.C.S. on its own is tha bomb. Mmm...rich black nectar.

PostPosted: Mon April 15th, 2013, 06:35 GMT 
Titanium Member

^ now this thread is getting really exciting. That sounds exquisite to me! i've had them independently. and i was just thinking of mixing beers for the first time earlier tonight. Rogue is one of my favorite favorites. a consistently reliably excellent time. If i'd have to call it a Bob Dylan song it would probably be This Wheel's on Fire

PostPosted: Mon April 15th, 2013, 10:09 GMT 
Promethium Member

Troubadour64 wrote:
^ now this thread is getting really exciting. That sounds exquisite to me! i've had them independently. and i was just thinking of mixing beers for the first time earlier tonight. Rogue is one of my favorite favorites. a consistently reliably excellent time. If i'd have to call it a Bob Dylan song it would probably be This Wheel's on Fire

I'd call it God Knows...I don't know what Framboise is, but I've had Rogue, perhaps that one.
Exquisite rich black nectar...good way of describing it If You See Her Say Herro!

PostPosted: Mon April 15th, 2013, 17:47 GMT 

Location: By the waterfront docks, where the sailors all come in
Troubadour64 wrote:

it's a promising career for hard working individuals that care about a product and know how to stand up the B.S. And you can learn science and art along the way. Brewers are like empowered farmers. They have their fingers on the World's pulse.

Yes!....travelling in search of great beer bars and microbreweries/brewpubs is an awesome adventure. Just hit the Cigar City brewery in Tampa, and it was great. They had a pale ale that somehow pulled off a cucumber infusion....one would be my limit on that baby, but interesting.

The best thing is that the tours are generally given by the brewer or someone intimately involved in the brewing process. The brewer said something interesting, that in 5 years or less, all of the best craft beers will be packaged in cans....makes sense, given that the enemies of beer are light and oxygen and a can is obviously light impeneterable and has less headspace than a bottle.

And, since I brew my own beer, I shall henceforth tell people that I am an empowered farmer! Before I would just tell people that I was getting in touch with my inner Mesopotamian. Picture from yesterday's bottling session, a nice little German brown ale
Attachment:
beer.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon April 15th, 2013, 23:31 GMT 
Promethium Member

capecod wrote:
Troubadour64 wrote:

Yes!....travelling in search of great beer bars and microbreweries/brewpubs is an awesome adventure. Just hit the Cigar City brewery in Tampa, and it was great. They had a pale ale that somehow pulled off a cucumber infusion....one would be my limit on that baby, but interesting.

The best thing is that the tours are generally given by the brewer or someone intimately involved in the brewing process. The brewer said something interesting, that in 5 years or less, all of the best craft beers will be packaged in cans....makes sense, given that the enemies of beer are light and oxygen and a can is obviously light impeneterable and has less headspace than a bottle.

And, since I brew my own beer, I shall henceforth tell people that I am an empowered farmer! Before I would just tell people that I was getting in touch with my inner Mesopotamian. Picture from yesterday's bottling session, a nice little German brown ale
Attachment:
beer.png

Now you're talkin' Cod. And I am relieved you aren't using friggin' cans...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 993 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 40  Next