Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu October 19th, 2017, 12:56 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 993 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: Best Brews on Tour
PostPosted: Sun March 17th, 2013, 17:24 GMT 
Promethium Member

That's awesome is there a side car for the keg?

PostPosted: Sun March 17th, 2013, 17:33 GMT 
Titanium Member

i'm sure we could work something like that into the design:

PostPosted: Sun March 17th, 2013, 17:35 GMT 
Promethium Member

That'll work.
We may need a designated driver at some point though, don't you think?

Tough getting the beer out of that spigot while flying down the highway too. Design flaw.

PostPosted: Tue March 19th, 2013, 00:38 GMT 
Promethium Member

dylankicks - Post subject: Advice on good beer/wine joints in KalamazooPosted: Mon March 18th, 2013, 19:32 GMT wrote:

I am fortunate to be able to make the Kalamazoo show and am looking for recommendations for good restaurants, bars, wine joints, etc in that area. Even a good hotel recommendation would be nice. Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!
i see some were recommending Bell's around here, which may have inspired this thread! They will come around, I'll bet, as they are quite knowledgable and reliable for liking GOOD beer.

PostPosted: Tue March 19th, 2013, 10:47 GMT 
Promethium Member

Rasputin Imperial Stout

PostPosted: Sat March 23rd, 2013, 12:46 GMT 
Promethium Member

Kalamazoo recommendation... Bell's Brewhouse... fine selection of craft beers and they are quite good. Typical brewhouse menu that goes well with trying new beer and a Backroom where live bands play... although on April 20, my interest will be in Bob and His Band.

http://bellsbeer.com/eccentric-cafe/menu/

For those interested in finding Bells beers the site has a "Beer Finder" showing where Bell's is available. A nice feature in my book.

**Please note: I've had several Bell's Beers and enjoyed them all... I recommend them with no reservations but I've not had the opportunity to eat at the Eccentric Cafe...

PostPosted: Sat March 23rd, 2013, 13:14 GMT 
Promethium Member

I must go to this Bells someday.

PostPosted: Mon March 25th, 2013, 08:50 GMT 
Titanium Member

yes indeed. Mutador also mentioned a bar in Kalamazoo that looks good by my eyes. we'll have to get him on this thread. I can't place any bars in Kalamazoo other than the brewery because when I do, all i can think of are the Ann Arbor bars that i've been sh*tfaced in.

Schedule a Bells visit either this April or over the summer, there's a weekend or two Kalamazoo does a street fest with music walking distance from the brewery. That way you can wander around barefoot and come back to your stool in between draft choices. Get's all college and hippy townlike that weekend, it's in the midwest so they still flashback every now and again in these parts. ..

PostPosted: Mon March 25th, 2013, 09:43 GMT 
Titanium Member

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Rasputin Imperial Stout

I can't quite place the context of this post, but i must say, I like it! usually my goto when someone says, "Guinness is bad stout? well what's a good stout?"

anyway, with or without context, it's the perfect trigger to remind me to do something that i intended to do earlier, but thought it might be appropriate closer to tour time, so I held off. - A beer drinkers guide to roadbrew: How to tour with Bob and a sixpack of your favorite meddley and get the Visions of Johanna you hoped for... I may have held off so long that I had forgotten were it not for this refreshingly tasty post of Imperial Russian Stout. (A great beer from California - so it could work on the Pennsylvania leg, if the weather stays cool enough).

So, the beer guide. Okay, it's not ready to publish yet - but one tip is to choose seasonally.
When loved ones go to the store and say, 'what kind of beer should I get you?' I respond, 'how do i know?' Usually I get my beer by the pint, about a half hour before consumption, because that's when I can take into account the weather and my mood. Now, some things need to be packed in advance for a Bob show, especially if you're going to a town without a gourmet beer selection (but Sam Adams or Anchor are fine, if you are ever in such a pinch).

But taking into account the SEASON is key! this will reduce the types of beers you will have to decide from, and it will also give you an opportunity to furrow your brows and wonder, 'why are they selling 312 urban wheat style lager in the middle of January?' Has the world gone insane?

So lesson 1 of this book is to pick seasonally. (if you can pick seasonally & regionally you are in GREAT shape, but I haven't gotten to the regional chapter yet, although I guess that's what the thread is for).
The only thing I'll add to the seaonal condition is that it's helpful to know if you are going to be drinking daytime beers or nighttime beers, or both.

So we are at the trailing end of Stout season. Still appropriate if drunk late night* (*read: drunk late at night, or drunk, late at night) or if warmed enough to have properly during the day, between 11 and 2. Contrary to popular belief, stouts can actually handle March madness better than most Porters. And the brown ale is just sooo fall, it's hard to give it a reach. Save those for those spring days that feel like it's still winter in April. You'll need something to make you feel at home.

Come afternoon, you'll want to reach for some hoppy Ales. Nothing light or weak, it's not even time for MaiBocks yet, so don't get too excited. temp must be above 70 for those, 80 for wheat beers. This interseasonal time of the season is hereby dedicated to the reliable IPA.

The boldest are too bold and daft for my tastes, but they'll knock the socks off any veteran, unless they're a bourbon barrel booser. But some of the greats are fine and balanced. A well placed citrus finish can really bring the sun out of the clouds this time of year. great daytime and night time beers. You can increase the hops as you go along to make it more appropriate for the hour. I do NOT recommend going from hoppiest to least hoppy. In fact, i won't stand for it. you should give the rest of your beer to Barefoot if you started with your hoppiest beer.

this is my personal favorite IPA right now, very balanced as that overpowering stuff really turns me away:

whose brewery apparently sits between kalamazoo and ann arbor - out of my way, but not necessarily out of your way - worth a separate post.

You may be saying right now, 'but i'm not a beer fan, i don't like the dark or tasty ones.'
Well there are some great whites Wineman might recommend for this time of year.
Then there are some milder, fruitier alternatives. A BPA is possibility for a day that hits 60. For the adventurous that may have had one two many IPAs, don't limit your taste buds....they are getting addicted to hops like it's salsa! Go for hearty red rye ale, which are getting good right now, and quite seasonal. OR the traditional go to for the hops: The PILSNER. a beauty for exactly one pint at nearly any time of the year. for other times of the year, it's good for a small handful of beers.

So, on to portions (excerpt from another chapter): For a dylan show, I usually follow the 6 pack per show principle. Which means, I buy two sixpacks for medley making. Night time beers and daytime beers, both seasonal.

for a given 6 pack for the show: 1-2 go towards packing and prepping the night before. 1 for the road journey, either before after or during. and 2 for before show. That usually means i'll get either none inside or one big one. depends on the venue and the company.

So, for after the show, I'll either have one left from packing night for a nightcap, or I have the local bar recommendation to make it for a post show beer. Alternatively, I can move the two pre-show beers to an afternoon bar (which worked out well in Milwaukee) and still have the personals for the nightcap later. Or for the road/afternoon duties on the next day, if there is another show. That's the beauty of the sixpack. You can take it with you, and once you get it, you can really mix it up. If you travel with friends, you can really mix it up, but only recommended if everybody is equally committed to the principles outlined by this rough guide.

Important to note that you were supposed to leave a sixpack at home for your return. it will have been an exhausting enterprise and you should have something to wind down with.

Finally, add regular stretching and walking into this routine, since the last thing you want is to feel bloated in the middle of Highway 61 after all that hard work you've pulled.

Last edited by Troubadour64 on Mon March 25th, 2013, 10:01 GMT, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon March 25th, 2013, 10:38 GMT 
Promethium Member

Troubadour64 wrote:
Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Rasputin Imperial Stout

I can't quite place the context of this post, but i must say, I like it! usually my goto when someone says, "Guinness is bad stout? well what's a good stout?"

... I may have held off so long that I had forgotten were it not for this refreshingly tasty post of Imperial Russian Stout.

And the best part of Troub's post, which is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED:
Troubadour64 wrote:
...you should give the rest of your beer to Barefoot if you started with your hoppiest beer.

PostPosted: Mon March 25th, 2013, 13:43 GMT 

As someone who goes to school in the area between Kalamazoo and Ann Arbor, I can't recommend Dark Horse enough. If possible; I would love to organize a small group to to go there. Here's the map, I realize it might be unworkable for those who are coming from the other side of the state//chicago//etc.

However, if that is unmanageable, let's all meet at Bell's.

PostPosted: Mon March 25th, 2013, 16:40 GMT 
Titanium Member

not unmanageable, very much imaginable!

I am mouthwatered now. I will be arriving to the amtrack station in Kalamazoo at 1pm ish if anyone wants to cart me out to Dark Horse! Road treats provided!

I mean, the answer to whether or not this would be a worthwhile adventure surely lies somewhere in this person's beard. or behind him.

or perhaps in one of these glasses:

Really excited to discover that this brewery is so close! Were I not travelling by train to Kalamazoo, I would definitely go out of my way to hit this one, as I really like (not just like) several of their beers, and just found out this wonderful news:

Dark Horse Brewing Company's IPA Variety 12 Pack featuring 3 single hopped Eert Dekoorc's using Falconers Flight, Cascade and Citra hops....plus old faithful Crooked Tree IPA!!! This 12 pack will be available to all our distributors and markets!!! Released on 4/20!!! All 4 beers will be on draft in our Taproom and 12 packs available for purchase at our General Store.

Talk about the Ideal sixpack for Spring tour 2013 - no assembly required!

Michigan has some of the country's finest microbreweries. Bell's has been getting a lot of well earned praise, but really, they are a great beer company from an old age of microbrewing. I think they recently renovated so I'm eager to see if their interior has improved. Music at night.

But, some great new ones have popped up in the last 6-8-10 years. and this is one of the best, Dark Horse. I've never been, but I have gone to Founders, and that was one of the biggest & most pleasant, with the best food brewery experiences I have yet had. Bells is a good bar at night or day. More of a college crowd than a beer brewery crowd perhaps?

http://www.darkhorsebrewery.com/our-beer/

PostPosted: Mon March 25th, 2013, 23:12 GMT 
Promethium Member

Plead the 5th Imperial Stout looks like the ticket.

PostPosted: Tue March 26th, 2013, 10:02 GMT 
Titanium Member

i'm getting the feeling you're a stout guy mr. barefoot

PostPosted: Tue March 26th, 2013, 11:49 GMT 
Promethium Member

Troubadour64 wrote:
i'm getting the feeling you're a stout guy mr. barefoot

You're not wrong Troubs...if you mean beer.

PostPosted: Tue March 26th, 2013, 12:48 GMT 

Stout is great for when you are suckling a baby to boost the milksupply :lol:

PostPosted: Tue March 26th, 2013, 23:34 GMT 
Promethium Member

Stout seems good as an alternative to what I just turned down.

They wanted $66 for a ticket to see Kenny Wayne Sheppard.
He starts in a half an hour and there are only 2 single seats left, both up front.
I turned them down. I told them I haven't even paid that much to see Bob.
They weren't impressed. I'd gladly pay half that, as it it is small venue. Oh well...

Now, more importantly, is there a good rotating tap pub to be found around here?

PostPosted: Wed March 27th, 2013, 17:26 GMT 
Titanium Member

after that experience you've earned yourself a nicely aged bottle of Dark Lord, Barefoot

PostPosted: Thu March 28th, 2013, 04:41 GMT 
Promethium Member

OK, Troubs. Looks good too.
You know I only drink out of a bottle if I have to, right.
On tap is preferred. If a bottle, then a fresh growler.
I would drink said Dark Lord in a concert parking lot though, without hesitation.

I found a place with 102 rotating taps in Baltimore.
Here is the approximate menu.

On Tap
21st Amendment Hendricks
21st Amendment Dub Step
21st Amendment Two Lane Blacktop
Allagash Curieux
Allagash White
Bahnof Berliner Weisse w/ Brett
Ballast Point Sculpin
Blaugies La Moneuse
Blue Moon White
Blue Mountain Steel Wheels
Boulevard 80 Acre
Brewers Art Resurrection
Burley Oak Dirty Blonde
Carengie Stark Porter
Cazeau Tournay Black
CCM Montseny Blat
Chimay Cinq Cents
Contreras Valeir Extra
Crispin Cider
De Dochter L Enfant Terrble
De Dolle Arabier
De Glazen Toren Canaster
Delirium Tremens
Dominion Cherry Blossom Lager
Dominion Morning Glory
DuClaw Sweet baby Jesus
Dupont Monks Stout
Elysian Good The Bad & The Red
Elysian Arboreal
Evil Twin Femme Fatale Brett
Evolution Prelude Gold
Flying Dog Pumpernickel IPA
Flying Dog Double Dog (Nitro)
Fordham Rosie Parks Oyster Stout
Franziskaner Hefeweizen
Fritz Briem Gratzer
Fruli Strawberry
Great Divide Claymore
Great Divide Espresso oak Aged Yeti
Guinness Stout
Harpoon Directors Cut
Harpoon Black IPA
Harpoon UFO Raspberry
Harpoon Rich & Dan Rye IPA
Heavy Seas Siren Noire Bourbon Aged
Heavy Seas BIG DIPA
Heavy Seas Loose Cannon
Het Nest Kleveretien
Hof Ten Dormaal Blonde
La Rulles Estivale
Lindemans Framboise
Maine Mean Old Tom (Nitro)
Maine Peeper
Mission Dark Seas
New Belgium Rampant
New Belgium Shift
New Belgium Cascara Quad
New Belgium Fat Tire
New Belgium/Dieu Du Ciel Heavenly Feijoa
Oskar Blues oSKAr G'Rauch
Oskar Blues Old Chub(Nitro)
Oxbow Space Cowboy
Oxbow Farmhouse pale
Palm Ale
Rodenbach Classic
Scheldebrouwerij Lamme Goedzak
Sierra Nevada Ovila Quad w/ Plums
Sierra Nevada Blindfold
Sierra Nevada Kellerweiss
Sierra Nevada Bigfoot
Steigl Lager
Stift Gregerious
Stillwater Lower Dens
Stillwater Stateside Saison
Stillwater Ales As Follows
Stone Oak Smoke Old Guardian
Struise Rio Reserva 2008
Terrapin Tom Foolery
Terrapin Hopsecutioner
Terrapin Barley Ryne
Terrapin Hopzilla
Terrapin Hop karma
The Bruery Saison De Lente
The Bruery Sour in the Rye
The Bruery Humulus lager
The Bruery Mischief
The Bruery Rugbrod
Thornbridge Breadeca's Well
Troubadour Magma Sorachi Ace
Union Duckpin Pale Ale
Van Eecke Cuvee Watou
Van Eecke Popering Hommel
Yuengling Lager

I stayed black-dark, but did not limit myself to stout. Old Engine Oil was, again, a fave.

PostPosted: Thu March 28th, 2013, 13:37 GMT 
Titanium Member

some bottles are certainly worth bending the rules for. most dark beers do quite well in bottles, bigger the better, so a growler is good love.

Just had a tasty bottle that fits all my seasonal requirements for this tour. I particularly recommend starting off with this one around 6pm for anyone going to their first show! hopefully it's available in a neighborhood near you:

the official 2013 NET Inaugural Bottle:

http://i.imgur.com/sBc6X.jpg

PostPosted: Thu March 28th, 2013, 14:08 GMT 
Promethium Member

I will save, for the blood of the...unicorn?
I wanna thank you Troubs, I just wanna thank you, Troubs.
I will save...

PostPosted: Thu March 28th, 2013, 14:49 GMT 
Titanium Member

Think about it - if you slay a unicorn, nobody would even realize it was missing!

The Vigilant Rabbit by David Sedaris

A white-tailed doe was discovered one morning disembowelled on the banks of the stream, and the residents of the forest went crazy with fear – "freaked out" was how the sparrow put it. A few days later a skunk was found, no more than a gnawed-upon skull attached to a short leash of spine. Personality-wise, he'd been no great shakes. Neither was he particularly good-looking, but still! Then a squirrel disappeared, and it was decided that something had to be done. A meeting was convened in the clearing near the big oak, and the hawk, who often flew great distances in search of food, proposed that they build a gate. "I've seen one where the humans live, and it seems to work fairly well."

"Work how?" asked a muskrat.

The hawk explained that once the gate was erected, anyone entering the forest would have to stop and identify himself. "It keeps out the riffraff," he said, adding that when bad things happened, that was usually who was responsible – riffraff.

For the second time that day, the muskrat raised his hand. "And what if this riffraff can't be stopped?"

"Then you sound an alarm," the hawk suggested. "It could be anything, really, just so long as it's loud."

The building of the gate was left to the beaver, who had a slight problem with the hinges, but eventually got them right. Just to the side of them he hung a gong fashioned from an old NO TRESPASSING sign. "I figured I could hit it with my tail," he said, and he gave it a whack for good measure.

When the noise had stopped echoing off the surrounding hills, the rabbit stepped forward. "Who elected you to man the gate?" he asked, adding that anyone could hit a sheet of rusted metal, even someone without an oversize tail. At that he picked up a heavy stick and went at it, creating a racket as loud as the beaver's. "I've also got the better hearing," he boasted. "I'm slimmer, I'm faster, and I'm more safety conscious, vigilant, you might say."

All eyes turned to the beaver, who said simply, "Whatever," and waddled back to his lodge.

On the rabbit's first morning as chief of security, he stopped an approaching snake, who looked up at him and laughed until he cried.

"Something funny?" asked the rabbit.

The snake used his tail to wipe a tear from his face. "You idiots," he said. "What good is a gate without a wall?"

"What good is a… huh?"

"It doesn't make any sense," continued the snake. "If an animal doesn't want to enter here, what's to stop him from moving down a few dozen yards and crawling in beside the fallen pine?"

"What's to stop him?" asked the rabbit, and he picked up his heavy stick and bashed the snake's head in. Then he kicked some dirt over the body and wrote NO LAUGHING on the NO TRESPASSING sign.

A short while later a magpie stopped by and pecked at the bits of brain left scattered on the ground in front of the gate. "Not to nitpick," he said between mouthfuls, "but what's to prevent someone from entering by air? You and your friends initiate a no-fly zone?"

"What's to keep you from flying in?" asked the rabbit, and once again he brought down his heavy stick. Then he dug up the snake and hung both it and the dead magpie from the top of his gate. There they could act as visual warnings, proof that he was a force to be reckoned with. When that was done, he added to his sign, which now read: NO TRESPASSING. NO LAUGHING. AND NO STUPID QUESTIONS EITHER. THIS MEANS YOU.

It was a hot, windless day, and within an hour blowflies arrived and settled on the faces of the two dead animals. Their buzzing attracted a frog, who jumped over from the nearby stream, flicked out his tongue, and dined upon them until he was full. Only then did he read the sign and turn to address the rabbit. "Seeing as you don't want jokes or questions, I guess I'll phrase this as a comment," he said. "In order to enter through your gate I'll have to stop and go through your tiresome rigmarole. That kind of BS doesn't interest me much, so instead I'm going to return to my stream and swim into your third-rate, beetle-infested forest."

He turned to leave, and the rabbit, who was nothing if not quick, reached for his heavy stick. Then he hung the frog on his gate and added NO CURSING to his NO TRESPASSING sign.

It wasn't long before an otter came along and went for the crushed frog. Then a badger stopped by, attracted by the smell of the dead otter. As the bodies were heaped upon the gate, it began to tilt. The rabbit propped it up with a fallen branch and then turned his attention to the sign. NO DIRTY LOOKS, HE WROTE. NO QUESTIONING MY INTEGRITY. NO INSULTING REMARKS ABOUT MY EARS OR MY TEETH. He was just wondering how to spell "insolence" when a shadow fell, and he looked up to see a mag-nificent white unicorn. His silky mane curled about his neck in waves the colour of buttercups. Equally brilliant was his horn, which looked to be made of gold. At his approach, the rabbit put down his pencil. "State your name and your business."

"I'm a unicorn," said the unicorn, "and I come to bring joy to all the forest creatures."

"Not with that horn you don't," said the rabbit.

"I beg your pardon?"

"I said, lose the weapon."

"The horn is what makes me who I am!"

"Which is unwelcome," said the rabbit. "Now do as I say or beat it."

"But happiness follows wherever I go!" the unicorn protested. "I can make a rainbow just by flicking my tail."

The rabbit reached for his stick.

"If you won't let me through the gate, I'll just jump over it," said the unicorn. And because he was taller than the rabbit and much more powerful, he did just that. "Sorry," he said as he headed into the forest, "but you didn't leave me any choice."

"We'll see about that," muttered the rabbit, and he spat on to the blood-soaked ground.

The unicorn spent the late afternoon making rainbows for all the woodland creatures. Then he caused the wildflowers to bloom and conjured up some berries for a hungry box turtle. As the sun set over the treetops, he settled upon a bed of fragrant moss and fell into a deep sleep.

The following morning, the songbirds woke him. The unicorn yawned and was just about to stand when he noticed the pile of golden shavings scattered across the moss. Then he felt his forehead and galloped to the gate piled high with rotting carcasses. "Who chewed off my horn? he wailed.

The rabbit answered calmly that rules were rules. "If I let you trot around with a weapon on your head, I'd have to let everyone do it."

"But it had magic powers!"

"I said, scram," said the rabbit.

The unicorn, just a common everyday horse now, slunk off toward a field of tall grasses. The rabbit watched him go and then turned back to his sign. "Magic powers indeed," he muttered. "I didn't taste anything special." Again he spat, only this time a diamond came out and landed on the ground beside him. That's what he was staring at when the wolves arrived.

PostPosted: Thu March 28th, 2013, 16:56 GMT 
Promethium Member

Not sure what to think of the story, Troubs, but red ale with high alcohol content can't be all that bad...even in a bottle.
I will find this someday and drink it because of your posting.

PostPosted: Thu March 28th, 2013, 17:25 GMT 
Titanium Member

I'm just finishing the second half right now, and i can say with assurance you won't regret it!

they are an interesting brewery. micro micro, basically out of a garage... just down the street, and I have yet to drop by. :roll:

in this heated moment with GD playing to me in the background, I may even go so far as to say the strong red rye is my favorite type of beer next to the stout category. has passed up the coveted belgiums...my taste buds must be shedding their sweet side...

PostPosted: Thu March 28th, 2013, 17:36 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
OK, Troubs. Looks good too.
You know I only drink out of a bottle if I have to, right.
On tap is preferred. If a bottle, then a fresh growler.
I would drink said Dark Lord in a concert parking lot though, without hesitation.

I found a place with 102 rotating taps in Baltimore.
Here is the approximate menu.

On Tap
21st Amendment Hendricks
21st Amendment Dub Step
21st Amendment Two Lane Blacktop
Allagash Curieux
Allagash White
Bahnof Berliner Weisse w/ Brett
Ballast Point Sculpin
Blaugies La Moneuse
Blue Moon White
Blue Mountain Steel Wheels
Boulevard 80 Acre
Brewers Art Resurrection
Burley Oak Dirty Blonde
Carengie Stark Porter
Cazeau Tournay Black
CCM Montseny Blat
Chimay Cinq Cents
Contreras Valeir Extra
Crispin Cider
De Dochter L Enfant Terrble
De Dolle Arabier
De Glazen Toren Canaster
Delirium Tremens
Dominion Cherry Blossom Lager
Dominion Morning Glory
DuClaw Sweet baby Jesus
Dupont Monks Stout
Elysian Good The Bad & The Red
Elysian Arboreal
Evil Twin Femme Fatale Brett
Evolution Prelude Gold
Flying Dog Pumpernickel IPA
Flying Dog Double Dog (Nitro)
Fordham Rosie Parks Oyster Stout
Franziskaner Hefeweizen
Fritz Briem Gratzer
Fruli Strawberry
Great Divide Claymore
Great Divide Espresso oak Aged Yeti
Guinness Stout
Harpoon Directors Cut
Harpoon Black IPA
Harpoon UFO Raspberry
Harpoon Rich & Dan Rye IPA
Heavy Seas Siren Noire Bourbon Aged
Heavy Seas BIG DIPA
Heavy Seas Loose Cannon
Het Nest Kleveretien
Hof Ten Dormaal Blonde
La Rulles Estivale
Lindemans Framboise
Maine Mean Old Tom (Nitro)
Maine Peeper
Mission Dark Seas
New Belgium Rampant
New Belgium Shift
New Belgium Cascara Quad
New Belgium Fat Tire
New Belgium/Dieu Du Ciel Heavenly Feijoa
Oskar Blues oSKAr G'Rauch
Oskar Blues Old Chub(Nitro)
Oxbow Space Cowboy
Oxbow Farmhouse pale
Palm Ale
Rodenbach Classic
Scheldebrouwerij Lamme Goedzak
Sierra Nevada Ovila Quad w/ Plums
Sierra Nevada Blindfold
Sierra Nevada Kellerweiss
Sierra Nevada Bigfoot
Steigl Lager
Stift Gregerious
Stillwater Lower Dens
Stillwater Stateside Saison
Stillwater Ales As Follows
Stone Oak Smoke Old Guardian
Struise Rio Reserva 2008
Terrapin Tom Foolery
Terrapin Hopsecutioner
Terrapin Barley Ryne
Terrapin Hopzilla
Terrapin Hop karma
The Bruery Saison De Lente
The Bruery Sour in the Rye
The Bruery Humulus lager
The Bruery Mischief
The Bruery Rugbrod
Thornbridge Breadeca's Well
Troubadour Magma Sorachi Ace
Union Duckpin Pale Ale
Van Eecke Cuvee Watou
Van Eecke Popering Hommel
Yuengling Lager

I stayed black-dark, but did not limit myself to stout. Old Engine Oil was, again, a fave.

ow,so many Belgian beers I have never heard from.They must be for export only. I'm going on an investigation with your list. Maybe I can import them back :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 993 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40  Next