Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sun October 22nd, 2017, 10:16 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon March 28th, 2005, 05:32 GMT 

I got tickets the second they went on pre-sale through the fan club, for Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday at the Pantages in L.A. The Tuesday single ticket was in the next-to-last rown of the balcony, and the pairs for Friday and Saturday were in the very back row, of the balcony and the orchestra, respectively. Two friends of mine who bought tickets for the same nights, days after they went on public sale, ended up around 20 rows further forward than I was--and not way off on the sides or anything. I don't know if the fan club can control what the venue releases, but it really seems that the Pantages puton pre-sale mainly the tickets that would have gone unsold if the concerts did not sell out. Most of the people sitting around me also said that they'd bought on pre-sale through the fan club. Is the pre-sale system working any better at other venues, in other cities?

PostPosted: Mon March 28th, 2005, 06:23 GMT 

presume you did the smallest amount of homework and had a seating chart available before you purchased your tickets.

Why then, did you bother to purchase such poor tickets in the first place?

Post subject: Fan club poor tickets
PostPosted: Mon March 28th, 2005, 10:28 GMT 

No, you just pay and are supposed to be getting the best available tickets. That's the same set-up as with any Ticketmaster purchase. There are never any seating charts available. Their computer is supposed to be giving you the best still available. But obviously, their definition of "best" does not mean "close to the stage." Everybody I talked to in those backmost rows had used the presale, 4 or 5 days before the tickets went on sale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon March 28th, 2005, 17:37 GMT 

I did the pre-sale in NJ and NY and got reasonably good tickets at both venues. I tried to buy tickets when they went on sale to the general public days later and they were in much worse locations.
So the pre-sale, in my opinion, seemed to work ok here.
sorry to hear about your poor experience in LA. I hope the shows make up for your disappointing seats.

Post subject: Nonsense...
PostPosted: Tue March 29th, 2005, 04:07 GMT 

I don't know about this pre-sale deal. Blind faith got you no where.

But I've been dealing with BASS and Ticketmaster since 1980 and seating charts are available and all sales are pending the consumer's approval. The consumer decides on whether a particular purchase goes thru. You can specify a seat if you wish and if they're free? They're yours.

I don't buy this victimhood crapolla.

Post subject: Re: Nonsense...
PostPosted: Tue March 29th, 2005, 06:03 GMT 

Otis Rail wrote:
But I've been dealing with BASS and Ticketmaster since 1980 and seating charts are available and all sales are pending the consumer's approval. The consumer decides on whether a particular purchase goes thru. You can specify a seat if you wish and if they're free? They're yours.

Yeah, Ticketmaster always has seating charts available. You can choose floor vs mezzanine, and sometimes right side of the venue vs left. Can you also choose which row and seat number you get?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue March 29th, 2005, 20:21 GMT 

Several of these postings seem to be missing the point. The pre-sale is available only on-line, not at a Ticketmaster outlet where they have seating charts. You log in, you get to choose only the ticket price, and the understanding is that you get the best available one(s) in that price-range. There is never any option to do anything other than buy or cancel once your on-file credit card has been cleared. Actually, in recent years I've also gone to Ticketmaster walk-in outlets where there was no seating chart available--you'd just be told you'd get the best available. With those, what I got seemed as good as I would have expected for the time I purchased. But with this fan club pre-sale, I bought within 60 seconds of when the first tickets were made available, and ended up at the extreme back. Apparently, someone on the East Coast had better success. I just think people should be aware that the Fan Club pre-sale may yield them worse tickets than they could get later at the same price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue March 29th, 2005, 20:40 GMT 

that is strange. thanks for the heads up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue March 29th, 2005, 21:26 GMT 

Same thing happened in Portland--there were a whole bunch of people sitting in the upper level bleachers that bought on-site pre-sale the morning the sale started..it was pretty weird, considering there were people who had bought tickets a day or two before the show who were sitting in the same sections...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri April 1st, 2005, 22:03 GMT 

hmm i got my tickets from a presale and im in the last row of the second balcony at auditorium theatre in chicago. thats pretty close 2 as bad as the seats will come but im near the middle. i would of waited and used another presale i had access to but i didnt feel like paying more than 50 bucks since im only 14 an i can only get so much money to use.

PostPosted: Sat April 2nd, 2005, 02:50 GMT 

You disclose your credit card number and authorize a purchase of one or two or whatever amount of tickets for a specific date?

There is no opportunity for the card holder to confirm the purchase?

Sorry, but that just sounds like trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat April 2nd, 2005, 21:10 GMT 

got first hour of presale for pantages....friday nite..
last row...center orch.......loved em.......
next to the exit.....qwik runs to the bar....
and to the soundboard.......The Sweet Spot.....
and...I could stand up and not bother anyones sight line.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat April 2nd, 2005, 23:34 GMT 

I had the same experience in Vegas. Bought pre sale tix within two minutes and wound up real close but far off on stage left. I was with people who all had the same tune " the center was researved for hotel high rollers". Although I checked the next day and could have bought one section closer to the middle. The seating chart was available but could not be used for seat selection. No regrets though, the show and audience were quite memorable.