Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu September 18th, 2014, 17:45 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue July 24th, 2012, 19:35 GMT 

stewart69 wrote:
nd yes, thx for the applause when I did my covers before the Lyon show, it shortened the waiting time, for me for sure :P

Your Desolation Row was unforgetable :D
See you soon.

PostPosted: Tue July 24th, 2012, 20:22 GMT 

borisw wrote:
stewart69 wrote:
nd yes, thx for the applause when I did my covers before the Lyon show, it shortened the waiting time, for me for sure :P

Your Desolation Row was unforgetable :D
See you soon.

Thx Cath, yes, that was kinda special, somebody touched me maybe :lol: ....too bad nobody taped that :?

PostPosted: Tue July 24th, 2012, 20:26 GMT 
Promethium Member

...and thank you for the Lalala. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue July 24th, 2012, 20:42 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
...and thank you for the Lalala. :wink:

A pleasure, Highlands will follow, I promise :-p

...and here´s a version of Desolation Row which comes close to that one in Lyon, well "nearly" :lol:

http://youtu.be/I0akxcxlzR0

PostPosted: Tue July 24th, 2012, 22:16 GMT 

stewart69 wrote:
Such a great tour, even I could only be at 3 concerts, I do not cry, I´m still laughing :lol: .....soooooo much fun and jokes, especially in Lyon....and yes, thx for the applause when I did my covers before the Lyon show, it shortened the waiting time, for me for sure :P

Looking forward for the next leg, and the new album too. We´ll meet again on the avenue.......

I loved your music. Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue July 24th, 2012, 22:18 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
I took some photos, not many, but I can post them. Maybe we can start a European tour photo thread? It can be photos of the venues and cities and traveling, not just Bob. I think that would be nice.

Carolina, I inadvertently took a picture of you when taking snaps of the venue in Barolo. I will not publish it of course, unless you agree, but I can send it to you once I have your email address.

Good idea about the thread. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue July 24th, 2012, 22:28 GMT 
Promethium Member

Thanks, it will be good to talk to you! It's late here (are you back home?), so I'll write to you for real tomorrow. :)

PostPosted: Wed July 25th, 2012, 02:32 GMT 

Carolina wrote:

dear Mr. Matata,
After the binoculars episode I decided to use no more artificial lenses at Bob's Concerts. Sorry. I didn't take one single picture at de venues. I took just road pictures and I need time to edit. I'll ask you few days to publish. :wink:

no rush, take your sweet time. i look forward to seeing them :)

PostPosted: Wed July 25th, 2012, 11:10 GMT 
Promethium Member

Carolina wrote:
Johanna Parker wrote:
I took some photos, not many, but I can post them. Maybe we can start a European tour photo thread? It can be photos of the venues and cities and traveling, not just Bob. I think that would be nice.

Carolina, I inadvertently took a picture of you when taking snaps of the venue in Barolo. I will not publish it of course, unless you agree, but I can send it to you once I have your email address.

Good idea about the thread. :wink:

I created a tour memories thread now, awaiting everybody's contributions. :)

PostPosted: Fri July 27th, 2012, 17:58 GMT 
Promethium Member

borisw wrote:
I just arrived home after 10 wonderful days and i wanted to write the same kind of message, so i do it there if you don't mind.

Usually when i follow the tour, i go with my car, but this time, i travelled with different friends each time, for a show to the next one, and i wanted to thank all these friends. So special thanks to Judit, Neus, Michele, Massimo, you Carolina, Wiebke, Imke, Rainer, Julia, Claude, Andrée, Olivier, and Roberto. Thank you for everything. We travelled in so beautiful places, we've seen great shows and we've met all the frends who i LOVE (they know who they are :o)

It has been a great tour! I'm also very grateful to Bob. I wouldn't have those moments of pleasure if he was not touring...

Oh, and after all these special thanks, i also have a special Fvck off to the fan who knowingly pushed me violentely in the fences when they opened the gates in Bayonne. Not too important as i forgot the pain soon, and i still arrive in the front row right under the mic while she arrived way farther. I met her again in Carhaix, where she welcomed me with a smilling "Hello Cath!!". I guess she had already forgotten that she was violent with me two days before. Still: Fvck off! My arm is still blue.

I loved the shows on this tour. Last fall, i was about to leave a few times before the end of the shows, but this summer, i was as excited as the first time i saw a show. Bob is not a shaman anymore: he is a clown. But he still moved me to tears a few times on that tour. Thank you Bob.

When i arrived home two hours ago, i was so moved that the only think i could do was to sit down on the floor of the kitchen, and cry like a child.

Cath

yup... a GA nightmare... try getting pushed to the ground and everyone stepping on or over you and pushing you back down when you try to get up.... total garbage

to Carolina... I read you got pushed around too... it's really disgusting actually...

I went to germany in 07 and made some GREAT friendships that I still have today. I met some of these people once, and we still talk... I miss some of them very much.

PostPosted: Fri July 27th, 2012, 19:12 GMT 
Promethium Member

^^
Is this a competition of who had the worst experience now? I don't think so. It's never nice having these things happening to you. :?

Okay.... look, they hit me because I didn't stay seated when 300 other people moved forward. Pic taken four days later. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri July 27th, 2012, 20:13 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
^^
Is this a competition of who had the worst experience now?

No, i'm sorry. That's not what i wanted to do with this thread. I was just coming back home, and wanted to 'empty my bag'. I mentionned it because i was a little shocked: It was the first time it happened to me in one hundred of shows.

PostPosted: Fri July 27th, 2012, 20:16 GMT 
Promethium Member

I wasn't talking to you, cherie. :wink:
They treat other people worse than us.

PostPosted: Fri July 27th, 2012, 20:17 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
cherie. :wink:

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri July 27th, 2012, 20:28 GMT 
Promethium Member

Language learning at it's most important. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri July 27th, 2012, 22:40 GMT 
Promethium Member

Johanna Parker wrote:
^^
Is this a competition of who had the worst experience now? I don't think so. It's never nice having these things happening to you. :?

Okay.... look, they hit me because I didn't stay seated when 300 other people moved forward. Pic taken four days later. :roll:

are you kidding me? why the snide question? I was relating my experience of GA shows to theirs... as a Hey! I totally get you... it happened to me too... and told my story b/c they might not read EVERY post someone makes and may not have heard the story... but please feel free to keep twisting things to your liking... cherie :|

PostPosted: Sun July 29th, 2012, 08:34 GMT 

Let's talk about love...

I Had the pleasure to meet two ladies at the Zitadelle queue - Berlin and I wish to contact them again.
I know they are ER followers, so I hope that they write to me.
They are extremely nice people and helped me to manage my feelings about the sad violence at the queue.
I'm grateful to have had them by my side otherwise I could had done the situation worst than It was.

Also I enjoyed the conversation we had and I would like to meet them again.

PostPosted: Sun July 29th, 2012, 11:41 GMT 
Promethium Member

Well, Berlin security this year was a rough bunch, I don't know where they got those kids from....

PostPosted: Sun July 29th, 2012, 15:14 GMT 
Titanium Member

Milkcow wrote:
Johanna Parker wrote:
^^

are you kidding me? why the snide question? I was relating my experience of GA shows to theirs... as a Hey! I totally get you... it happened to me too... and told my story b/c they might not read EVERY post someone makes and may not have heard the story... but please feel free to keep twisting things to your liking... cherie :|

MC, your point is well worth making. At a GA show in a small club, I watched some grown men shoving and yelling at a 12 year old boy whom they believed was encroaching into space they believed belonged to them and were using physical force and intimidation to keep other people away. My feeling was that if they were already there, they could have it, but their physical abuse and bullying of a child who didn't understand 'the so-called rules' were so out of line that I swore I was finished with ever seeing Dylan in a club again. Nobody wants to leave a show with memories like I had of that place. These were fans doing this to a very young fan. There was no security in sight and my knowledge of that club was that it wouldn't have made the slightest difference if security had been there. That kind of stuff makes for a miserable evening.

PostPosted: Sun July 29th, 2012, 15:32 GMT 
Promethium Member

People go as far as using their kids as some of those parents seem to think this somehow gives them the right to arrive late and still go to the front. Just try telling them this isn't how it works. I've got nothing against kids who are old enough to really want to go see Bob out of their own free will, but please don't drag toddlers into the shows who gain nothing from it.

At one show last year we had someone there whose kid apparently had just learned to walk, so it was deemed a good idea to let that kid walk around in front of the front row right close to showtime.... and people were ready to rush forward. It's irresponsible.

PostPosted: Mon July 30th, 2012, 02:43 GMT 
Promethium Member

I've been in places where that has happened too. I've seen people unrightfully hog space... but sometimes you need to grab just a hair extra because by the time bob comes on... you are standing sideways b/c people crowd in... that happens.... it happened to me at that same show where I was knocked over... by the middle of bob I was so squashed and standing sideways... it was so uncomfortable... and it was a small club

kids at shows

I wouldn't let my kid wander.. but if there was a kid that was there... and I was there after the kid... I wouldn't push the kid out.... if the kid was trying to cut in, I wouldn't let a kid cut in either... if I was there first... however... if there was room, I would let a kid stand next to me or an adult... I would even save a spot for them if I got there first and they asked me to outside.

A 12 year old kid is about my height... I wouldn't let that person stand in front of me... I wouldn't be able to see. I wouldn't brutally beat the kid either but I wouldn't let him in if there was no room... but I know how brutal some of the GA folks can be. I've been a victim to it at many shows not just bob...

one time there was this guy that came from the back with a person in a wheelchair... pushing through the crowd saying excuse me...wheelchair coming through... over and over... came behind me and said it to me... I wouldn't move and he looked at me as if I was insane... ummm there is early entrance for all wheelchair people and they can go to the rail. he got there late and just wanted to push people out of the way. I told him to get lost. I did not pounce on either one of them... hahaha sheesh that would be awful

another time I was front row and a wheel chair lady came up at the end behind me... she was so nice.. I ducked down so she could see. She told me not to worry... see it's all in the approach...

I've even shared my chair with people.... it totally depends on the approach

oh.. this is funny... in canada ... I was front row... and all these people came to the front... of course I was standing dancing in front of my seat... so this lady stands at my seat. Then I was cheering and she told me to shut up. hahaha I looked at her and said, "Is that your seat?" She shook her head no. I replied, "of course not, BECAUSE IT'S MINE. So if you want to stay there, YOU SHUT UP." Then she left... but she could have stayed... I think she knew she crossed the line... I just gave her the benefit of the doubt... maybe she didn't realize that the person she told to shut up was the renter of that seat she was standing at.

so you meet all kinds... but no need to be brutal and no need to cut

PostPosted: Mon July 30th, 2012, 11:04 GMT 
Promethium Member

I agree with that.... if I'm there first, that's it. But I've had kids stand in front of me, or next to me, during the later part of the show.... or people shorter than myself. Some of the kids really want to be there, they're not just there because the parents made them come along, so that's always good to see.

PostPosted: Mon July 30th, 2012, 12:15 GMT 
Senior Moderator

I let a little, tiny woman stand in front of me at the rail once. I'm 5'10". I could see perfectly and it was my good deed for the day. I would never push a child. Regardless, it's wrong.

PostPosted: Mon July 30th, 2012, 17:44 GMT 
Mercury Member

Yeah, I agree with Milky, it is all in the way you get asked.

At our first show here in Texas, it was a hot, long day.... we let one mom with her daughter in front of us during Mellencamp (her hero) but once Bob was on stage someone came thru trying to push us off the rail..... she didn't get in and got sent on her way.....others there on the rail said she did that all the time.

Then at the next show.... again, a long hot day. A dad was behind us with his daughter.... she was just as much of a Dylan fan as him.... maybe about 10 years old.... we all just push together a bit more and he put he up on the rail with him hanging on to keep her balanced.... Security tried to make him take her down.... a whole bunch of us told him to leave her alone.... I said to him.... "what do you think, the kid gonna try to jump on him????" he just laughed and let it go..... she was a blast.... knew all the words.... throw him kisses.... a real Dylan girl!!!!

Then our last show.... really hot again (yeah, it's a Texas thing) and one drunk tried to push up thru.... I was turned the wrong way and didn't see her coming but thank goodness Zimmy did and blocked her..... my friend just laughed and said she got off easy.... the woman was way taller than me.... and if she would have stood in front of me I would have knocked her down and stood on her like a platform. :lol: that was the show where two very kind people pulled me (5'1") around in front of them..... some times it does pay to be short.

It really is in the way you ask..... we have met some real a$$holes and then some very great people up there in those crowds at the rail...