Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon July 28th, 2014, 20:29 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: A Letter to Bob Dylan
PostPosted: Mon April 16th, 2012, 16:39 GMT 

I know it's very naive, but I'm hurting anybody and if I can read this, he can read it too.
Here is my message to welcome Dylan.

Dear Mr. Dylan.
I hope Brazil is treating you very well.

So, you are going to Brasilia, Huh! Be careful… as Niemeyer said:
"Designing Brasilia to the politicians who you put there, was how to create a beautiful vase of flowers to use as a potty. Today I see, sadly, that Brasilia should never have been designed in the shape of an airplane, but in the shape of a paddy wagon ..." .

When you go to Belo Horizonte you will find very nice people there. They are famous for the sympathy.

Here in São Paulo there is me! hahahaha! waiting to listen you singing and… there is something I would like to show to you because I know you love birds and I believe you will stay at a nice hotel near Paulista avenue.
At the Trianon park, in front of MASP, you can find a very rare Sabiá-laranjeira albino.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IObTK2mx4Gc.
I wish you can see it. A taxi man showed me once. They give fruits to the birds and they protected this special one from the biologists that want to take it to the laboratory.
The english version of this interesting site is not working, sorry but you can listen to the whistle recordings of each bird.
http://www.wikiaves.com/doku.php?lang=en&id=turdus&&&language=english

I don't know much about Porto Alegre. You know Porto Alegre better than me (actually I never went there) so the only thing I can say is good luck and I have a nice time!!!!

Love,
Carolina

PostPosted: Mon April 16th, 2012, 16:48 GMT 
Promethium Member

Carolina, this is very sweet. I hope Bob reads it, or at least somebody reads it who can tell him about it. Last year, I started a thread to say happy birthday when Bob turned 70, and many people wrote their good wishes and thanks to him. :)

PostPosted: Mon April 16th, 2012, 16:55 GMT 
Titanium Member

I agree...this is very sweet. The albino bird is lovely. It might seem odd, but that bird reminds me of Bob. It is very beautiful and different. Anything that stands out from the normal is always a target and somehow seems frail or delicate. I believe it to be both frail and strong together.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon April 16th, 2012, 16:56 GMT 

Well I didn't see that coming. I was expecting some grumbling about stellar set lists. This is so sweet... I like when that kind of nice surprise comes around.

Thanx Carolina for good spirits!

PostPosted: Mon April 16th, 2012, 19:12 GMT 

Thank you all!

I believe he deserves our better feelings.

PostPosted: Tue April 17th, 2012, 00:48 GMT 

That's very sweet!!!

Congratulations!

PostPosted: Tue April 17th, 2012, 03:21 GMT 
Mercury Member

Funny. I just called you sweet over in another thread and then I come here and it smacks of sweetness. Sweet Caroline it is.

PostPosted: Tue April 17th, 2012, 21:38 GMT 

even if mr dylan doesn't get to read this - you certainly have put a smile on many ER readers' faces.
what a lovely bird!
thanks, carolina

PostPosted: Tue April 17th, 2012, 22:03 GMT 

Carolina, you have made a lot of smiles for many today.. Thank you. :D

PostPosted: Wed April 18th, 2012, 08:35 GMT 

Another smile here Carolina :)

PostPosted: Fri April 20th, 2012, 13:58 GMT 

Quote:
When you go to Belo Horizonte you will find very nice people there. They are famous for the sympathy.

I new it!!! I'm so glad!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zehBlOnBpAg
It's clear for me that they surprised you! :wink:

PostPosted: Sun April 22nd, 2012, 04:46 GMT 

Mr. Dylan
Thank you very much for one more magnificent musical moment.
I wish I could dance like Mr. Bojangles.

I hope you enjoy the present (gift) I sent you through the brazilians producers (staff).
It's a DVD with an experimental film called "Bang Bang" made by Andrea Tonacci.
I'm writing this because I'm a little insecure about the delivery.

I will be at the show tomorrow. See you later :wink:
Your white hat with that feather is wonderful!!!
Love

PostPosted: Mon April 23rd, 2012, 02:54 GMT 

I'm sorry Mr Dylan,

I use the binocular to see the birds, but today when I used it to try get closer to you, I found a bird that sings loud but doesn't want to be observed.
I had the sad experience to feel your disappointment when you saw my lenses focusing you.
How could I be so stupid!!!! You are a bird that wants to be watched through the eyes of the soul. I should know that!
When I first met you on 2008 I had no lenses so I could have a great experience with you. So strong that I can still remember that time very clearly.
Tonight I was with lenses. I had a good musical experience, but a bad emotional feeling for disappointing you. I'm feeling very bad because I was like a fool. I could get closer you artificially but at this exact moment I broke our connection.

I'm sorry. I thought this forbidden was about to get images, but now I learned that it is about to cross the line of your individuality and I felt like I was someone invasive.

Please, forgive me
Love

PostPosted: Mon April 23rd, 2012, 03:05 GMT 

uh-oh, did you get in trouble w/ security Carolina?

PostPosted: Mon April 23rd, 2012, 05:35 GMT 
Titanium Member

:lol: :lol: your last letter is the best. Keep this up Carolina - i see the potential for a book series in the future!

PostPosted: Mon April 23rd, 2012, 10:17 GMT 
Mercury Member

Oh no, sounds like you got a close up look of the Dylan scowl, Carolina. Probably because he didn't know it was really you behind those binocs. You probably would've gotten the Dylan smile had he known better!

PostPosted: Mon April 23rd, 2012, 11:43 GMT 

Carolina wrote:
I'm sorry Mr Dylan,

I use the binocular to see the birds, but today when I used it to try get closer to you, I found a bird that sings loud but doesn't want to be observed.
I had the sad experience to feel your disappointment when you saw my lenses focusing you.
How could I be so stupid!!!! You are a bird that wants to be watched through the eyes of the soul. I should know that!
When I first met you on 2008 I had no lenses so I could have a great experience with you. So strong that I can still remember that time very clearly.
Tonight I was with lenses. I had a good musical experience, but a bad emotional feeling for disappointing you. I'm feeling very bad because I was like a fool. I could get closer you artificially but at this exact moment I broke our connection.

I'm sorry. I thought this forbidden was about to get images, but now I learned that it is about to cross the line of your individuality and I felt like I was someone invasive.

Please, forgive me
Love

Having you explain the experience like this causes me to be able to define what I have felt when others have behaved in the same way toward me. I really can appreciate how Mr. Dylan feels. That is a beautiful apology, Carolina. I wish the persons who did the same thing to me would apologize so eloquently and with such sincerity. It is easy to forgive a truly Repentant Heart, and I feel sure that Mr. Dylan would forgive you if he received your message.

PostPosted: Mon April 23rd, 2012, 15:15 GMT 

Giada wrote:
uh-oh, did you get in trouble w/ security Carolina?

No Giada. I can say that I had problems with him.
I was in the front row. Don't ask me how it happened again, but there was an available place and I felt that it was mine.
So, I was there just in front of him and his lovely band. First song and I can say that we danced "together" because he smiled at my direction and I started to move my body like dance (everybody was seated) and he did the same on keyboards moving his body.
At the second song "It Ain't Me, Babe" he came on center just in front of me and I took the binoculars.
What a face of disappointment he did. :oops: I felt really sorrow.
No that kind of connection after that. That's all.
When he was playing "Summer days" I took the binoculars, to see the band. No problem. They were all attending Bob, so... I was ok.

Quote:
Having you explain the experience like this causes me to be able to define what I have felt when others have behaved in the same way toward me. I really can appreciate how Mr. Dylan feels. That is a beautiful apology, Carolina. I wish the persons who did the same thing to me would apologize so eloquently and with such sincerity. It is easy to forgive a truly Repentant Heart, and I feel sure that Mr. Dylan would forgive you if he received your message.

Peggy Night, Thank you very much. After reading your words, I'm feeling better!
The brazilian producer came to us before the show and said that we could take pictures of the four last songs. So I tried. I will show to you what happened. Very interesting pictures, I'm glad with the result. The only good photo is of the last chord of "Blowing in the Wind". You can take your own conclusions. I'm photographer (not paparazzi) and I used to picture musicians. I didn't have my professional camera for obvious reasons, but I never had this kind of experience before. My favorite is the second one. :wink:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue April 24th, 2012, 11:12 GMT 

Dear Mr. Dylan,
As you can see I became very sad 'couse I disappointed you. My heart is still hurting, but as my father said: That's life! And life must go on! You must go on, Mr.Dylan and this sadness must go away.
Thank you for everything: Your music, your presence, your strong personality.
I will keep in my mind that we danced before I threw it all away.
I wish you have a wonderful night today!
I would like to offer you a song. One of my favorite songs from Brasil. For coincidence it speaks about this kind feeling I have now. It's by Baden Powell and Vinícius de Moraes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qiv47G_aN4c

Tristeza
Por favor vai embora
A minha alma que chora
Está vendo o meu fim

Fez do meu coração
A sua moradia
Já é demais o meu penar

Quero voltar aquela
Vida de alegria
Quero de novo cantar

la ra rara, la ra rara
la ra rara, rara
Quero de novo cantar

PostPosted: Tue April 24th, 2012, 14:00 GMT 

Carolina, thanks for the pictures. They are much appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue April 24th, 2012, 14:51 GMT 

Binoculars from the front row? I might be a little freaked out too if I were him.

PostPosted: Tue April 24th, 2012, 14:54 GMT 

:-), someone should always whisper hints in bob's ear, i'm sure he'll smile and somehow say thanks...i myself, on another board, mentioned all those cool ruins down in South America for those 'days off for exploring'....keep the faith.

and if he's still reading the responses....love'n that 12th song slot this time round...:-)
chris

PostPosted: Tue April 24th, 2012, 16:20 GMT 

Thank you very much, Chris.

PostPosted: Tue April 24th, 2012, 23:45 GMT 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFGFcJsxXlU
Chris I appreciate your trying to make me feel better, but I was walking around and thinking...

Mr. Dylan don't need to give answers.
I know he is able to forgive me. I didn't have fear to be honest in my feelings.
I did wrong. He has a strong presence and I became blind of my own wisdom.
I did right. I let him know I was sorrow.
There is a difference between to know something with your mind and to know the same thing with our spirit.
I had a day with several unknown kids smiling at me for no reason and that's an answer for me.
They made me feel good again.
Thanks,

PostPosted: Tue April 24th, 2012, 23:55 GMT 
Mercury Member

yopietro wrote:
Binoculars from the front row? I might be a little freaked out too if I were him.

I'd like to know what percentage of the field-of-vision his pupils took up. It must've been shocking to see his reaction at that magnification.