Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu August 28th, 2014, 13:04 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 07:58 GMT 
Promethium Member

Thanks.
It will be my first time going. I'm more worried about the staircase really....

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 07:58 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
At least, he will play 2 1/2 hours. And they tell us he turned 69 two years ago. Nice! :lol:

For this kind of money he better play 2 1/2 hours instead of the usual 1 3/4 hours... and he better include "Black Diamond Bay" to the setlist :lol:

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 08:02 GMT 

What are the chances of him coming back to Europe in the autumn/winter? I remember last year he toured Europe twice, though the autumn tour was with MK.

Last edited by Ace on Thu April 5th, 2012, 08:04 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 08:04 GMT 
Promethium Member

Oh yes.... Highlands, Lowlands, Red River Shore, etc, not to forget Hurricane.

@Ace: I guess not before the next US tour.

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 08:04 GMT 

Ace wrote:
What are the chances of him coming back to Europe in the fall/winter? I remember last year he toured Europe twice, though the fall tour was with MK.

Probabely not too far from 0%

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 08:08 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
Thanks.
It will be my first time going. I'm more worried about the staircase really....

Well, you shouldn't. It's Montreux. The city. The sun. The lake. The festival. You'd be stupid to sit in front of an indoor staircase all day, worrying. Enjoy your day and then see the show from the third or fourth row. It will still be good. Trust me, I'm talking from personal experience.

Of all the cities I've seen Bob in, Montreux is the one I enjoyed the most. That place is really special. Too bad I can't go this year.

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 08:49 GMT 
Promethium Member

I'm pretty sure I'll be stupid enough to do just that. Montreux will be there any time I want to go, Bob will not.

As for another Euro tour late in the year, I wish, but we'll have to remember this summer will be the third time Bob will be here in just over a year.

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 12:22 GMT 

If you think Salzburg is expensive, wait until you see Montreux....

It will probably be mostly seated on the floor and in the balcony with a standing area at the back of the floor.

€120 should be about right for standing in the back tickets. I doubt very much if seated tickets will be less than €200. Possibly more.

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 13:32 GMT 
Promethium Member

Didn't it use to be GA in '98 and '01?

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 13:52 GMT 

That's right (also in 1990 and 1994 !) but in the last few years almost all the shows have been mostly seated, except for very big names (e.g. Prince) or dance-oriented acts. You never know, but I have the feeling Bob isn't in one of those categories. Prince was even more expensive anyway, btw.

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 13:54 GMT 
Promethium Member

Hmm.... :? we'll have to see when the show gets listed on the festival site.

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 18:21 GMT 
Promethium Member

Nice of bob.com to make Salzburg official 11 hours after the onsale. :P

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 18:55 GMT 

XRaylroad wrote:
So, the cheapest ticket for Salzburg I see is for 91 Euro... Seriously, enough is enough. I was pretty excited to go to Salzburg, but these prices are a joke. :evil:

I wonder why I remember the cheapest shows best. All that Paris third row-things, gone with the wind. Open air near the stage, but even far away in a big hall for small money is so relaxing.

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 20:08 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
Nice of bob.com to make Salzburg official 11 hours after the onsale. :P

Indeed! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri April 6th, 2012, 10:28 GMT 
Promethium Member

Well, so, if we didn't guess yet, Lucca is officially off. Mind, this is the same guy who said it was officially on.

maggiesfarm.eu wrote:
Dylan, no concert in Lucca

Final demise of the date of Lucca, probably not compatible with the commitments of Bob. The statement was issued by Mimmo D'Alessandro of D'Alessandro & Galli, Italian promoter Bob. We wait expectantly for other Italian dates.

(google translated)

http://www.maggiesfarm.eu/

PostPosted: Fri April 6th, 2012, 13:46 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
Well, so, if we didn't guess yet, Lucca is officially off. Mind, this is the same guy who said it was officially on.

maggiesfarm.eu wrote:
Dylan, no concert in Lucca

Final demise of the date of Lucca, probably not compatible with the commitments of Bob. The statement was issued by Mimmo D'Alessandro of D'Alessandro & Galli, Italian promoter Bob. We wait expectantly for other Italian dates.

(google translated)

http://www.maggiesfarm.eu/

but he is making it to austria - something i didn't even dare wish for!!

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2012, 17:51 GMT 
Promethium Member

Always DARE to wish!

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2012, 20:02 GMT 

Julius The Honk wrote:
If you think Salzburg is expensive, wait until you see Montreux....

It will probably be mostly seated on the floor and in the balcony with a standing area at the back of the floor.

€120 should be about right for standing in the back tickets. I doubt very much if seated tickets will be less than €200. Possibly more.

Source? Or are you just trying to freak people out? So far Montreux Jazz 2012 has annouced two shows, both are GA standing on the floor as far as I can tell. Both are also resaonably priced (about 15% more than the artist's regular shows in Germany (that's the only country I can compare it to)). And any of Bob's previous visits to Montreux were seated and/or ourtragously priced.

So unless you have inside information there is no reason to expect tickets to be much over 80/90 Euro or the hall to be seated.
Maybe you are right, but all the information available to us at the moment says you are most likely wrong.

Also, the Prince tickets were 195 CHF (165 Euro) if I recall correctly, but Prince charged around 150 Euro at his German shows as well, so he was expensive everywhere, not only in Montreux.

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2012, 20:11 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
maggiesfarm.eu wrote:
Dylan, no concert in Lucca Final demise of the date of Lucca, probably not compatible with the commitments of Bob. The statement was issued by Mimmo D'Alessandro of D'Alessandro & Galli, Italian promoter Bob. We wait expectantly for other Italian dates.
(google translated) http://www.maggiesfarm.eu/

Too bad; he was on fire the other year and his setlist was nice as well :)

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2012, 20:21 GMT 
Promethium Member

Bob's ticket prices can range widely within one and the same tour, in extreme cases from 'free' to a few hundred €. I hope they won't go much higher than Salzburg.... the German and French tickets seem reasonably priced.

As for Montreux, we'll know in less than two weeks at latest.

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2012, 21:17 GMT 

AutodesSchreckens: re Montreux, just basing it on previous experience. Prices have gone up and more shows have been seated in the main hall in the last couple of years. e.g. Paul Simon last year - CHF 240 for better seated tickets, ok only CHF 90 for standing but it's in the back of the floor not GA. Nevertheless you're right - cheaper tickets should be around this, i.e. €70/80. Prince was CHF 195 standing and CHF 480 I think seated.

PostPosted: Sun April 8th, 2012, 09:55 GMT 
Promethium Member

Better act quickly.

PostPosted: Tue April 17th, 2012, 21:57 GMT 

Got some infos about the Montreux show and they're not very good.

First, Bob will not be the only act. There will be a sort of blues revue before him : CHICAGO BLUES, A LIVING HISTORY Feat. Billy Boy Arnold, John Primer, Billy Branch, Carlos Johnson, Lurrie Bell and the Living History Band. It might be really cool but it also means a shorter festival set for our man.

Then, as there are three prices categories, it means the standing tickets will only allow you the stay in the back or on the sides of the hall. Be ready to feel like sardines in their can without seeing much, especially if Bob doesn't allow the big screens to be turned on. For that, you will have to pay CHF 108 (about 90 €).

If you want to have a seat and get closer to the stage, it will cost you between CHF 320 to 350,- (yes, that's 265 to 290 € :shock: ).

Don't know about you but it's definitely no for me. Claude Nobs and his soon-to-be VIP-only event can go to hell.

http://www.montreuxjazz.com/newsletter/ ... me2012.pdf

PostPosted: Tue April 17th, 2012, 22:12 GMT 
Promethium Member

Fvckety-fvck.... is there any chance to get front row seats, or will those be reserved for non-paying very important somebodies?

Oh, but thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Tue April 17th, 2012, 22:18 GMT 

Well, sometimes the seated areas are already sold out when you access the website. But that's when there are only seats on the balcony and GA on the floor. You might find a nice spot if you're quick and lucky but I suspect the very best seats don't even go on sale at all. They're probably already booked for guests.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next