Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue October 17th, 2017, 18:51 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: Blood on the Tracks
PostPosted: Mon March 21st, 2005, 02:06 GMT 

Does anybody know why dylan seems to ignore his mid seventies albums. From blood on the tracks he just plays tangled upin blue rarely and hasnt played anoything else off of that recently and from desire hurricane hasnt been perfromed in about 30 years. Im seeing my first dylan show in 2 weeks and would like to hear some of those songs so Id like to know why i wont hear it

Post subject: I don't really know...
PostPosted: Mon March 21st, 2005, 06:18 GMT 

but I do remember reading that Keith Richards didn't like playing stuff from the Stones' junkie albums... Black and Blue, Exile and the like.

Perhaps Dylan doesn't like playing that period of music for a similiar reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon March 21st, 2005, 20:47 GMT 

he plays shelter, if you see her, from time to time, though it has been some time since he's done anything else

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue March 22nd, 2005, 16:18 GMT 

well i can almost guarentee he will never play hurricane again

it doesnt mean anything to him anymore...ruben carter doesnt need to be freed

Post subject: tracks
PostPosted: Tue March 22nd, 2005, 16:30 GMT 

exile on main street a junk album?

Post subject: Re: tracks
PostPosted: Tue March 22nd, 2005, 18:11 GMT 

tweeter wrote:

not junk - just 'junkie' - like a bad time in their lives when the substances had the upper hand. Tough for them, but a GREAT record for us.

Last edited by mpomy on Wed March 23rd, 2005, 15:10 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed March 23rd, 2005, 01:02 GMT 

but what about Desire?

Who wouldn't want to hear Isis? After the LIVE 1975 recording made available, I think lot's of his fan's would love to hear a interpretation of this mid-seventies classic.

There's something about that period...

Post subject: Why no Blood or Desire
PostPosted: Wed March 23rd, 2005, 17:07 GMT 

He touches a few of them. Saw One More Cup of Coffee once. Would kill for Black Diamond Bay. My opinion on the BOTT is that it is far too intense for him. That is an album born of pain, so why hash over it years and years later. There is a lot of torment and regret in that. Once it is out of your system it's gone. and good riddence....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed March 30th, 2005, 15:20 GMT 

He played Romance in Durango in London last year (Hammersmith). There were gasps from those who knew the music as they really did not expect this one. It was a great version really well supported by the band. Thinking back on it makes me sorry about Larry's departure but I thought that he was overshadowed towards the end by the lead guitar. At the same London show he pulled out another gem in Jokerman which was also greeted with pleasant surprise.
I think the last live rendition of Hurricane was at the John Hammond tribute night in the late 70s and I agree that this is one he will not pull out of the bag. Am coming to Chicago from Oxford tomorrow and if I had one request for a song I think it would be Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts from BOTT. I think that would sound great with the newe setup. However, I am hopeful that there will be surprises as I think the reportoire is evolving with this new band and they have 2 days between Denver and Chicago to work up new arrangements.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
You kind of remind me of her when you laugh
In order to deal in this game, got to make the queen disappear

Post subject: Re: tracks
PostPosted: Thu March 31st, 2005, 09:14 GMT 

mpomy wrote:
tweeter wrote:

not junk - just 'junkie' - like a bad time in their lives when the substances had the upper hand. Tough for them, but a GREAT record for us.

The Stones have always played a few songs from Exile each tour. On the last tour, they did Rocks Off, Tumbling Dice, Sweet Virginia, Loving Cup, All down the Line, Happy and Torn & Frayed.

I've never heard Keith say that about Exile, although I know Mick thinks it's overrated as a Stones album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu April 14th, 2005, 11:23 GMT 

I've seen him three times and he's not done anything from Blood On The Tracks. It's a shame, i reckon it was just a tough time in his life and maybe he doesn't want to remind himself. Up To Me and Nobody 'Cept you are two of my mid-70's favourites but they didn't even make the original albums so i'm not holding me breath!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat April 16th, 2005, 09:48 GMT 

zim79 wrote:
I've seen him three times and he's not done anything from Blood On The Tracks. It's a shame, i reckon it was just a tough time in his life and maybe he doesn't want to remind himself. Up To Me and Nobody 'Cept you are two of my mid-70's favourites but they didn't even make the original albums so i'm not holding me breath!

I love those two songs also. I also hold out no hope of ever hearing them live this decade.

Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat April 16th, 2005, 22:40 GMT 

Loving Cup...such a good tune off exile