Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri November 28th, 2014, 02:58 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 91  Next
PostPosted: Mon June 25th, 2012, 14:01 GMT 
Mercury Member

Troubadour64 wrote:

thanks! i've been taking a mid-tour-hiatus hiatus. now i'm back to a healthy dose of bob listening thank goodness. but the hiatuses are great - i discovered a little richard album that is just wonderful for this time of year...now i want to get some otis redding..

Nice! Along with Little Richard and Otis, it wouldn't hurt to add a little James Brown! Someone sent me this link yesterday :shock: :!: :mrgreen: 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uays72rEVR0

PostPosted: Tue June 26th, 2012, 01:35 GMT 
Promethium Member

queen of love wrote:
has anyone been to the Big Sky Brewery site before? im thinking of hitting up Missoula and Billings.. anyone else? 8)

It's not a huge venue. Nice, with a smallish stage. If you like brown ale, try their Moose Drool. Should be a fun show! Enjoy!

PostPosted: Tue June 26th, 2012, 02:00 GMT 
Titanium Member

Any rumors about the fall tour? Upper midwest/east coast USA? There's a concert in Rochester, MN in August. I could make the 1 1/2 hour trip--but I'd rather not--for a bunch of reasons--and if he's going to play Minneapolis or Saint Paul in the fall--I'll wait.

PostPosted: Tue June 26th, 2012, 02:06 GMT 
Promethium Member

John B. Stetson wrote:
Any rumors about the fall tour? Upper midwest/east coast USA? There's a concert in Rochester, MN in August. I could make the 1 1/2 hour trip--but I'd rather not--for a bunch of reasons--and if he's going to play Minneapolis or Saint Paul in the fall--I'll wait.

Wait? Noooo, do 'em all, if you can.

PostPosted: Tue June 26th, 2012, 02:26 GMT 
Titanium Member

I wish I could. Gotta family. They're still little. I'll figure out how to make Rochester work, but the wife would sure be happier if I waited until he came to my backyard. I owe her these days.

PostPosted: Tue June 26th, 2012, 09:05 GMT 
Promethium Member

John B. Stetson wrote:
I wish I could. Gotta family. They're still little. I'll figure out how to make Rochester work, but the wife would sure be happier if I waited until he came to my backyard. I owe her these days.

Gotta do what's right for you, John B. I'd do Rochester and then see what happens. No guarantees on the backyard thing happening. Just sayin'. Good luck and enjoy!
PS, you'll always 'owe her' so you'd better get crackin' at that too!

PostPosted: Tue June 26th, 2012, 13:30 GMT 
Titanium Member

Sweet Melinda about the Big Flats, NY tickets wrote:
Emailed instead and the guy replied that the first 5 to 10 rows are being reserved for a fanclub presale.
Meaning the BD.com presale with password?

PostPosted: Tue June 26th, 2012, 13:36 GMT 

No idea Hal.

In other news, the Johnstown show is now gone from Ticketmaster. Don't know what that means either.

PostPosted: Tue June 26th, 2012, 13:38 GMT 
Titanium Member

Very frustrating.

:x :x :x

PostPosted: Tue June 26th, 2012, 14:38 GMT 

Looks like Bob left his Malibu home a couple of days ago. Bon Voyage Bob! Wish you a lovely time in Europe!

PostPosted: Tue June 26th, 2012, 14:45 GMT 
Promethium Member

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue June 26th, 2012, 14:54 GMT 

BostonAreaBobFan wrote:
No way will he play TD Garden in Boston. He'll do The Wang again.

Remember the tour in October and November is with Knopfler

PostPosted: Tue June 26th, 2012, 16:36 GMT 

Sweet Melinda wrote:
In other news, the Johnstown show is now gone from Ticketmaster. Don't know what that means either.

It's back now. Weird.

PostPosted: Tue June 26th, 2012, 19:36 GMT 

Sweet Melinda wrote:
Sweet Melinda wrote:

It's back now. Weird.

Obsesse much?

PostPosted: Tue June 26th, 2012, 19:39 GMT 

unclejohn wrote:
Obsesse much?

Spell much?

When you're looking to buy tickets, checking Ticketmaster is generally one of the steps involved.

PostPosted: Tue June 26th, 2012, 19:53 GMT 

Sweet Melinda wrote:
unclejohn wrote:
Obsesse much?

Spell much?

When you're looking to buy tickets, checking Ticketmaster is generally one of the steps involved.

joking...........i look at ticketmaster 15 times a day myself..............i refreshed it so manytimes during the presale last week that they locked me out for 24 hours.........

sometimes you can get lucky calling ticketmaster a few days after the sale starts and get good seats...........

PostPosted: Tue June 26th, 2012, 19:54 GMT 

unclejohn wrote:

Obsesse much?

x much?

PostPosted: Tue June 26th, 2012, 21:40 GMT 
Senior Moderator

BobDylanFan1994 wrote:
BostonAreaBobFan wrote:

I don't know how much of a following MK has 'round these parts. I think Bob will do the Wang Center.

PostPosted: Tue June 26th, 2012, 21:46 GMT 
Promethium Member

If his "following" is as big there as here, not much.... as in people going to multiple shows on one tour, I recognized three.

PostPosted: Tue June 26th, 2012, 23:51 GMT 
Promethium Member

BobDylanFan1994 wrote:
BostonAreaBobFan wrote:

BostonAreaBobFan wrote:
I don't know how much of a following MK has 'round these parts. I think Bob will do the Wang Center.

I think BostonArea's onto something here. Even though there's still a lot of Dire Straits fans left out there. I saw MK with the Straits at the Wang in Fall of 1985 although it might not have been the Wang yet. What was it called? I think they sold out 2 shows at the time and that was when they were in their prime. Furthur just sold out a double Wang this year and Dylan did a triple Wang in 2009 with Charlie back on board doing his kneeling thing. Yup, BostonArea is on it. I agree. It's Wang time again this Fall. I'm in.

PostPosted: Wed June 27th, 2012, 02:17 GMT 

So question, does anyone know who's supporting Dylan in August on the East coast? I thought I had read that Mark Knopfler was supporting on that leg, but now I'm wondering if I was mistaken about that... Knopfler has no tour dates listed on his site, nothing on pollstar, and no mention on Ticketmaster about any supporting act.

PostPosted: Wed June 27th, 2012, 02:32 GMT 
Mercury Member

Location: I was looking for a job and then I found a job and...
I believe Knopfler has been reliably reported (in Isis and elsewhere). Should be a safe bet.

John B. Stetson wrote:

I'm in a similiar boat, drive to Indianapolis or wait until the fall...with a new album this fall and money very tight I think I'm gonna have to wait it out.

PostPosted: Wed June 27th, 2012, 02:37 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
queen of love wrote:
has anyone been to the Big Sky Brewery site before? im thinking of hitting up Missoula and Billings.. anyone else? 8)

It's not a huge venue. Nice, with a smallish stage. If you like brown ale, try their Moose Drool. Should be a fun show! Enjoy!

Yeah..i checked out the venue page for sure.. being a dedicated studier of where the hell im going.. but when all else fails..rely on others opions.. I am canadian.. you BET ill be tryin out the Moose Drool.. hahahaa~~~ well Still Go Barefoot.. i was hopin to see you at these shows. What are you waiting for? Will you be hittin up the first three? I would, but cant get time off work. :( Im lucky the next two following are on my days off. With a ferry to catch before and after the plane rides..i pray for good connections. Time is such a sketchy thing sometimes.. :lol: 8)

PostPosted: Wed June 27th, 2012, 02:56 GMT 

Quote:
I believe Knopfler has been reliably reported (in Isis and elsewhere). Should be a safe bet.

smoke, I'm not sure if that reply was for me or not. I guess it's probably widely known at this point, but I'm just finding out now that Knopfler is not confirmed (and doubtful) for the August leg, what with him not being listed on any of the announced (and onsale) shows. The wording on Isis sounds like Knopfler is rumored for the Fall tour, not this brief end-of-summer jaunt.

Not that I'm falling out of bed to see Knopfler, but I don't want to misrepresent to friends and have them come along... and give me a hard time if the show is sans Knopfler! And I'd also personally like to know what other band (if any) I'll get to see! Shoot, I'd be more than happy to see someone else, like Junior Brown again, on the bill.

PostPosted: Wed June 27th, 2012, 03:02 GMT 
Mercury Member

Location: I was looking for a job and then I found a job and...
Yes, the rumors I've seen were for the fall tour, which I see now was not your question :oops:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 91  Next