Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sat December 16th, 2017, 09:14 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: St. Bonaventure
PostPosted: Fri November 12th, 2004, 17:34 GMT 

who all was at the bonnies show on the 11th. ?

I was there and thought it was a relatvely good show, not the best i have seen, but still good. i was on the floor about 6 or 7 people deep, and had a great view of bob most of the night. the bonnies kids were decent although there were a frustrating amount of non-fan people on the floor taking up space and not paying any attention to the show, and several crowd surfers who i would guess based on the bruises they must have are regreting that action, as they didnt get any farther then my row of people, and landed hard on the ground.

as for bob the band and the set list....it was a pretty solid show. it seemed to take bob a couple songs to really kinda get into it, but that is kinda usual for him. i am not a fan of opening with drifters escape as he did on this night, it is just a tough song to pick up on and besides the real fans such as us, most people wouldnt know the obscure song from john wesley harding, thus not a great way to get the crowd going right away....instead many people who had been excited quickly became confused and bored on the very first song...not me if course, i love drifters...just not for the opening song. I would rather see him smash out a classic like RDW1235 which he has many times on the tour.

i wasnt a huge fan of him playin moonlight and then ballad of a thin man back to back, those are just two slower songs back to back, and it really does take the crowd out of it, especially moonlight. bob even seemed almost bored playing moonlight, during the solos and such he just stood at his keys and tinkered away at them looking as if he just wanted the song to end....maybe it wasnt sounding the way he would have wanted.

besides those few critisisms it was a great show, bob was laughing a lot and really seemed to be in a good mood by the encore and end of the show. he connected with someone in the first couple rows too, cause he was laughing at them and pointing at them repeatedly towards the end of the show. My best guess was that someone actually had brought a lepardskin pillbox hat, and was holding it up and thats what bob thought was so funny. based on that assumption i was really hoping that he would bust out with an extra song-LSPBH obviously-but no such luck.

overall a solid show, but no surprises in terms of set list.
if you were at the show let us know and post with reviews and comments.
im heading to the RIT show on the 13th so ill post a review of that one when i can as well.

dont forget to keep on keepin on !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri November 12th, 2004, 18:16 GMT 

here's the full set list

Drifter's Escape
Dignity
Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues
It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
Just Like A Woman
High Water (For Charley Patton)
Forever Young
Highway 61 Revisited
Moonlight
Ballad Of A Thin Man
Honest With Me
It Ain't Me, Babe (acoustic)
Summer Days
(encore)

Like A Rolling Stone
All Along The Watchtower

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri January 7th, 2005, 08:36 GMT 
do they still got the "Butt Hut" up there?

heheh

love St.BV