Go to main page
It is currently Fri October 31st, 2014, 12:04 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 15th, 2012, 09:06 GMT 
Promethium Member

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Quote:
Are audiences in the USA declining?

I think the pent up energy, MK, & the new album will prevent this in 2012.
Additionally, he and his Band have been sounding better this year. He needs to expand the setlist.

PostPosted: Tue May 15th, 2012, 14:37 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:

Wel,, I think he needs a really good, different album for this to happen. Another one like "TTL" could backfire really bad. He needs something that warrants coverage and attention, not something that could too easily be classified as "Kinda like the last few, just not as good".

PostPosted: Sun May 20th, 2012, 10:13 GMT 
Promethium Member

AutodesSchreckens wrote:
Still Go Barefoot wrote:

Wel,, I think he needs a really good, different album for this to happen. Another one like "TTL" could backfire really bad. He needs something that warrants coverage and attention, not something that could too easily be classified as "Kinda like the last few, just not as good".

Backfire resulting in smaller crowds? They come mostly for the old Dylan hits though.

PostPosted: Fri June 1st, 2012, 21:58 GMT 
Promethium Member

Quote:
Untrodden Path wrote:
Are audiences in the USA declining?

Americans forget quickly. Most don't even realize that Bob still tours. They thought of him for a minute the other day, shaking their heads, and now he is forgotten again.

PostPosted: Sat June 2nd, 2012, 02:22 GMT 
Promethium Member

My greatest frustration with non-Dylan fans is they tend to be stuck in the '60s... they have absolutely no clue that Bob moved on, has done other things, developed a life and career beyond the handful of songs they heard on the radio once-upon-a-time.

However, I received a lot of emails, texts, and a couple of phone calls after the Presidential Medal of Freedom was received. They were dumbfounded by it... and now they don't know who they dislike more, Bob or Barak.

Bob still has a solid following in the USA, as he should. He continues to create, arrange, and perform wonderful and endearing music.

PostPosted: Sun June 3rd, 2012, 21:20 GMT 

Untrodden Path wrote:
My greatest frustration with non-Dylan fans is they tend to be stuck in the '60s... they have absolutely no clue that Bob moved on, has done other things, developed a life and career beyond the handful of songs they heard on the radio once-upon-a-time.

However, I received a lot of emails, texts, and a couple of phone calls after the Presidential Medal of Freedom was received. They were dumbfounded by it... and now they don't know who they dislike more, Bob or Barak.

Bob still has a solid following in the USA, as he should. He continues to create, arrange, and perform wonderful and endearing music.

You should be frustrated with Dylan then....since half or more of his setlist consist of these "stuck in the 60's" songs.

PostPosted: Sun June 3rd, 2012, 21:42 GMT 
Promethium Member

plunk... exactly... his other half is not from the 60s... like UP said, he has more to his career than just the 60s songs...

PostPosted: Mon June 4th, 2012, 00:14 GMT 
Promethium Member

Plunk wrote:
You should be frustrated with Dylan then....since half or more of his setlist consist of these "stuck in the 60's" songs.
Yes and no... the improved performances and arrangements, the great backing bands he's had through the years have often made up for the setlists. But still, he had so much great music to offer in the '70s and '80s that rarely make it into the setlists these days. That wasn't as true in the early years of the Never Ending Tour.

PostPosted: Wed June 13th, 2012, 07:25 GMT 
Titanium Member

Untrodden Path wrote:

this sentence disturbs me a great deal...what sort of comments did you get?

this should be the cover of your annual 4th of July Card I'm sure you send out...

and this on the back: