Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed October 1st, 2014, 22:19 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun June 26th, 2011, 18:33 GMT 
Promethium Member

Ontherun wrote:
At his age it could be the toilet.

Could be, could be. I heard somebody say that you know you are old when you discuss your last bowlmovement as if it's the topic of the day. And since I have been taking care of many elderly people, I recall this old lady who every time she came out of the loo, talked enthusiastic about how relieved she was from getting it all out. She lived until she was 101. Norweigan descent. I think she lived to be so old, due to all the cod fish she ate as a little girl.

Advice: Never discuss your bowl movements and you'll stay forever young!![/quote]

I love this post and arabia's

just an fyi, at any age people discuss their last bowel movements...trust me

PostPosted: Mon December 26th, 2011, 21:47 GMT 
Promethium Member

Can't Wait from Night #1 @ the Avalon, 3-show stand in Boston on 3/24/04, just passed by my ears and made me smile. Of course, I couldn't help but to think of this year's Alcatraz show where he spiffed it up (even though he muffed some lyrics) and made many of us say WOW. What a nice gem-of-a-tune. Haven't experienced a version that I didn't like.

PostPosted: Wed December 28th, 2011, 13:12 GMT 
Titanium Member

here's a better version of the same performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLqNMR6J ... plpp_video

PostPosted: Thu December 29th, 2011, 23:12 GMT 
Titanium Member

Best version ever...Cameo movie theatre, South Beach Fla...1998. Just ask Barefoot, he'll tell ya 8)

PostPosted: Thu December 29th, 2011, 23:34 GMT 
Promethium Member

wineman wrote:
Best version ever...Cameo movie theatre, South Beach Fla...1998. Just ask Barefoot, he'll tell ya 8)

Yes! It is played in the number 3 slot both nights, 30 Mar 98 and 31 Mar 98. Which do you prefer Wineman?

PostPosted: Fri December 30th, 2011, 01:14 GMT 
Titanium Member

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
wineman wrote:

Yes! It is played in the number 3 slot both nights, 30 Mar 98 and 31 Mar 98. Which do you prefer Wineman?

Both nights were brilliant....up close an' personal. But the second night was the best I've ever seen Mr. Bob. Great setting...balcony of a movie theatre....turned into Champagne booths. Drinkin' DP and watchin' BD...on SB...all at the expense of the wine sponsers. What could be better?

PostPosted: Fri December 30th, 2011, 02:02 GMT 
Promethium Member

Still Go Barefoot wrote:

wineman wrote:
Both nights were brilliant....up close an' personal. But the second night was the best I've ever seen Mr. Bob. Great setting...balcony of a movie theatre....turned into Champagne booths. Drinkin' DP and watchin' BD...on SB...all at the expense of the wine sponsers. What could be better?

I guessed you say both. And listening to the take, it sounds like Night 2 had it. So thanks for verifying and inspiring! I may need to go visit said Cameo and Criterion Studios just for good historical-observance measure.

PostPosted: Fri December 30th, 2011, 02:11 GMT 
Titanium Member

I really don't recall which night Can't Wait was better. But I do remember it was the standout..or at least one of the standout songs of both nights. Very eeire...just the way I like it. Senor was another standout that really stayed with me. I remember a kid who was next to me...was a big Wallflower fan...who came to see Bob out of curiousity...not really knowing him for being anything other than...being Jakob's father. Near the end of the the night I heard him say something to effect of "Damn he blows his son away." If those weren't the exact words...they're close.

PostPosted: Fri December 30th, 2011, 02:38 GMT 
Promethium Member

wineman wrote:
I really don't recall which night Can't Wait was better.

Of all of the times I've seen it, or heard it for that matter, I have never been let down.
Now if we talk about Floater, well that's just too much to ask. I don't need to ever hear that one done again. I'm good with that.

PostPosted: Fri December 30th, 2011, 07:21 GMT 
Promethium Member

Wineman or Goombay: The Cameo and the Criterion are within spittin' distance of one another correct?

PostPosted: Fri December 30th, 2011, 13:17 GMT 
Titanium Member

No, the Cameo is in South Beach on Washington Avenue, and Criteria's North Miami Beach...about a half hour ride.

PostPosted: Sat February 18th, 2012, 12:13 GMT 
Promethium Member

Looking forward to this one being pulled out occasionally in 2012.

PostPosted: Mon March 19th, 2012, 22:44 GMT 

Blue Midnight wrote:
"And I dont know, I dont know, I dont know, I dont know, I dont know, I dont know, I dont know, how much longer I can WAIT!"

That line was very Tom Waitsesque in retrospect.

PostPosted: Tue March 20th, 2012, 00:13 GMT 
Promethium Member

goodnitesteve wrote:
Blue Midnight wrote:
"And I dont know, I dont know, I dont know, I dont know, I dont know, I dont know, I dont know, how much longer I can WAIT!"

Well, to be accurate about the retrospection: Yes, Tom can be a bit Dylanesque, like that, at times, can't he?

PostPosted: Tue March 20th, 2012, 02:24 GMT 

Blue Midnight wrote:

Well, to be accurate about the retrospection: Yes, Tom can be a bit Dylanesque, like that, at times, can't he?

He can be, but that was a Tom Waits moment, Dylan doesn't do that repetition like that.

PostPosted: Tue March 20th, 2012, 09:14 GMT 
Promethium Member

True. I wasn't there, but I saw/heard the clip. A magnificent 2011 moment for sure.