Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed October 18th, 2017, 05:54 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri December 17th, 2004, 11:25 GMT 
There's only one thing you need to know about Bob Geldof- he doesn't like Mondays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri January 14th, 2005, 18:14 GMT 
I'm just dying to hear some of Bob's greatest hits like "Standing In The Doorway",
"Things Have Changed", "Can't Wait", "Million Miles", "Moonlight", "Po' Boy", "To Make You Feel My Love", "Love Sick" . I'd mention more Love and Theft tunes but I'm still digesting lines from Time Out Of Mind. :roll:

Post subject: x
PostPosted: Wed January 26th, 2005, 00:05 GMT 
just kidding about the x comment, but i think you may not be a very big fan of dylan if you cant appriciate his obscurity. Dylan is the oppitomie of the anti-artist, and therefore, you have to realize that he will go out there and not play "like a rolling stone," and instead play "Dear Landlord" or something else you've never heard, but that is the way he is, and that is why we love him.

PostPosted: Wed February 2nd, 2005, 02:29 GMT 

neveragain wrote:
Warning - save yourself $40 and stay home and listen to his records instead. I went to the 11/10 Toledo show and it was the worst show I've ever seen in my life. He barely played any songs people knew. His set list was so obsure, people were walking out in droves. He sounded horrible on every song and he hid behind a keyboard on the side of the stage the entire show. Would it have killed him to strap on an acoustic guitar and step out front for one frickin' song? I don't care how much of an icon they are, artists still have an obligation to their fans who paid good money to see them and play some hits and play them well. Especially in a working class town like Toledo where $40 is a lot of money to most people. And this is coming from someone who thinks Bob is amazing and the greatest 20th century American poet.

What a joke. Today I just recieved the Toledo show...the very show this fella is talking about....quite frankly it was one of the best concerts I'd heard in recent memory. Visions of Johanna was the best version I'd heard in years. Leopard Skin, Highway 61, Tonight I'll be Staying here with you, Most likely you'll go your way and I'll go Mine....all fantastic. In my opinion this may have very well been the best show of the entire fall tour. Bob's voice was superb. His phrasing was fabulous and his harp solos were right on the money...and the band was in the groove...and a wonderful set list as well. Obviously this chap hasn't a clue about what a good concert is all about. My advice to him is to go out and by Bob Dylan's Greatest hits. Then he should stay home and listen to that CD in his basement. If anyone has the boot to this show they will be absolutely amazed...not only is the quality of this show fantastic (great soundboard) but you shall all see just how way off base this person who started this thread really is. An absolute joke.

PostPosted: Wed February 2nd, 2005, 08:12 GMT 

Jack of Hearts wrote:
neveragain wrote:
Warning - save yourself $40 and stay home and listen to his records instead. I went to the 11/10 Toledo show and it was the worst show I've ever seen in my life. He barely played any songs people knew. His set list was so obsure, people were walking out in droves. He sounded horrible on every song and he hid behind a keyboard on the side of the stage the entire show. Would it have killed him to strap on an acoustic guitar and step out front for one frickin' song? I don't care how much of an icon they are, artists still have an obligation to their fans who paid good money to see them and play some hits and play them well. Especially in a working class town like Toledo where $40 is a lot of money to most people. And this is coming from someone who thinks Bob is amazing and the greatest 20th century American poet.

yeah - i think from listenning it is a great show too. But to be honest vibes and mood during a concert can be another world.
take the 87 europe shows which were great if judging by listenning, but having been there was a - to put it friendly - very weird thing, or take the 91 fastbreak tour, which was horrible, but...
nevertheless the setlist is definetly no reason to be annoyed, most of us would be glad to get something like that...

What a joke. Today I just recieved the Toledo show...the very show this fella is talking about....quite frankly it was one of the best concerts I'd heard in recent memory. Visions of Johanna was the best version I'd heard in years. Leopard Skin, Highway 61, Tonight I'll be Staying here with you, Most likely you'll go your way and I'll go Mine....all fantastic. In my opinion this may have very well been the best show of the entire fall tour. Bob's voice was superb. His phrasing was fabulous and his harp solos were right on the money...and the band was in the groove...and a wonderful set list as well. Obviously this chap hasn't a clue about what a good concert is all about. My advice to him is to go out and by Bob Dylan's Greatest hits. Then he should stay home and listen to that CD in his basement. If anyone has the boot to this show they will be absolutely amazed...not only is the quality of this show fantastic (great soundboard) but you shall all see just how way off base this person who started this thread really is. An absolute joke.

PostPosted: Mon February 7th, 2005, 21:40 GMT 

Again I have to say if you didn't recognise those songs are you sure it was Bob Dylan you wanted to go and see?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon March 14th, 2005, 20:23 GMT 

I see this at every show I've been to, and that is getting up aruond 30-35. Some people think that Rolling Stone, and Time they are achangin are the "best song ever" and Johanna, anything from John Wesley Harding, or something else not on the radio every day sucks. Just ignore these folks. The more of them that "stay home and listen to the records", the better seat we can get. You know, those of us that would trade all the Blowin in the Winds for one Idiot Wind. Have heart my brothers...It wouldn't be special if everyone got it....

PostPosted: Mon April 11th, 2005, 21:23 GMT 

I have heard people complain at EVERY Dylan show I have ever been to, dating back to 1989. Recently I have heard it a lot more. Now, it also involves people complaining not only about wanting to hear certain tunes, but as well, people wanting to hear Dylan play guitar. Doesn't anybody check out what a band is doing in terms of it's lineup and setlists before they go spend their "hard earned money" to go to a concert and then leave so angry that they're about ready to fight over whether the performance sucked or not? Puh-lease.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue April 12th, 2005, 12:46 GMT 
Titanium Member

Its all a controlling, self centered, spoiled brat issue. For most of us, we should just be plain, old grateful, that these guys are still here and, not only performing, but still influencing music. The Good Lord knows, today's music needs alot of influence. We surely could use a couple of Janis', Jimis and Morrisons right about now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue April 12th, 2005, 15:18 GMT 

True that,
Bob Dylan is the only one left from the sixties who understands that the music needs to keep moving forward. He doesn't just rely on all his greatest hits to be a traveling retro-act for old hippies. Bob put it best in the movie line " I still have a few song left in me "...
Believe it if you need it, If you don't...just pass it on.
The Bob Dylan Show is still the hottest act still running...
you got to see it ......to believe it. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu April 14th, 2005, 10:50 GMT 

Well said folks! All i can say is readin that set list has made me very jelous. For example, i've seen Bob three times and i think he's played about two songs from Blonde on Blonde and nothing from Blood on The Tracks. With a back catologue like his you don't notice it. I respect him totally as an artist above all else. They're his songs and he can play whatever he wants and however he wants to play it. [/code]