Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon October 20th, 2014, 08:09 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed August 15th, 2012, 14:46 GMT 

http://wp.me/p28Skk-w

Revised slightly since the original posting after noticing some errors. (thanks PSB)

Also, I do have a recording of the show. A few skips that range from barely noticeable to sort of annoying, but only on a 4 different songs.

PostPosted: Wed August 15th, 2012, 15:01 GMT 
Promethium Member

So maybe you can shine some light on the new / alternate lyrics in Tangled?

PostPosted: Wed August 15th, 2012, 15:04 GMT 

Well it was the original album lyrics mixed in with the ones that appeared on the live version from 1984 (and also on the live album REAL LIVE). I was stunned, as I didn't know he'd returned to those at all. I was told after posting my review, though, that he's been doing that since around 2010 with the song. Thanks for reading!

PostPosted: Wed August 15th, 2012, 15:17 GMT 
Promethium Member

He's been doing the "trying to stay out of the joint" bit for a while, yes, but apart from that not too much change up to last tour.

PostPosted: Wed August 15th, 2012, 15:25 GMT 

But he hasn't used "get on that train and ride" in a while.

PostPosted: Wed August 15th, 2012, 15:28 GMT 
Promethium Member

goodnitesteve wrote:
But he hasn't used "get on that train and ride" in a while.

Very true.... nice. :)

PostPosted: Wed August 15th, 2012, 18:47 GMT 

superb review mad!!! real relief to hear the music deciphered and the Bob temperature relayed!! Please now go to every show - we will be forever grateful to have such an esteemed Bob-Van Halen professional out in the field.

Great Van Halen primer too on your site - you see any shows, I have been waiting for them to get more road-weary to see them, i noticed now some Montreal videos have a nice fighting tone to them - David is singing more now and not "performing" finally - man, watching the three Van Halens play together is magical huh - that Wolfgang is pure class and Eddie sure has rallied hasn't he! i hope they can get a next record together - now THAT will hopefully be even more interesting than "Truth" is - as you well said, no weak spots there!

i say bob's arrangement of "can't wait' form spring was from VH's "I'll wait" - but hey that's the conflating of a fan talking! :wink:

PostPosted: Wed August 15th, 2012, 19:25 GMT 

bobschool wrote:
superb review mad!!! real relief to hear the music deciphered and the Bob temperature relayed!! Please now go to every show - we will be forever grateful to have such an esteemed Bob-Van Halen professional out in the field.

Great Van Halen primer too on your site - you see any shows, I have been waiting for them to get more road-weary to see them, i noticed now some Montreal videos have a nice fighting tone to them - David is singing more now and not "performing" finally - man, watching the three Van Halens play together is magical huh - that Wolfgang is pure class and Eddie sure has rallied hasn't he! i hope they can get a next record together - now THAT will hopefully be even more interesting than "Truth" is - as you well said, no weak spots there!

i say bob's arrangement of "can't wait' from spring was from VH's "I'll wait" - but hey that's the conflating of a fan talking! :wink:

summer i mean summer - witness the drums and gorgeous ponderous pace with glittering Eddie's "Brown" sound as he likes to call his guitar signature

the info on Brown: http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/lesson.php?id=194

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re-N7ntqP94

PostPosted: Wed August 15th, 2012, 20:34 GMT 

That was a great read, Marq. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed August 15th, 2012, 23:42 GMT 

Thanks everybody! It was fun to write, and in hindsight, I'm sure some of my details are slightly off. The TANGLED lyrics were somewhat unintelligible, but the words I quoted came through. it was just the words in between that didn't.
I did get a recording of the show from a friend. It is one file, quite large. Not sure if I can post it, or should.

And yes, VAN HALEN are the greatest!!!!!!!!!! I actually wrote that for a friend who had never heard much of them, just to give him a primer.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu August 16th, 2012, 00:18 GMT 
Mercury Member

Hey, thanks mad.... good read 8)

PostPosted: Thu August 16th, 2012, 00:43 GMT 
Promethium Member

Fun...and...yes...post it.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu August 16th, 2012, 04:16 GMT 

good read there, mad!

at the Bethelehem, Pa show of his from about two years ago that i saw, he also threw in some of the weird alternate verses of tangled up in blue, but it seemed like he did it only after forgetting the actual original lyrics- strange!

PostPosted: Sun August 19th, 2012, 16:30 GMT 

You would be a good bloke to post it as there isn't much around from the current tour to get - is there??