Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu April 24th, 2014, 16:09 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu July 5th, 2012, 14:35 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun July 9th, 2006, 00:18 GMT
Posts: 6343
Location: Miami Beach Florida,USA
goombay wrote:
wineman wrote:
Tellme...shouldn't lower yourself.



i dont wanna sound crass or outta line, but im just not interested. thats the way i am when im not interested in something i dont involve myself in it, dont read their posts dont care. i wish them a long life with prosperity and no weakness or arthritis even if they make a hundred, but like joe south said they aint my peeps.

im sure there tons of folks here dont care what i have to say, more power to them.


Well, you care enough to keep taking shots at them...as disguised as some are.

Anyway...I don't have anything more to contribute to this particular thread. So, take care.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat August 4th, 2012, 08:49 GMT 
Mercury Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 13851
tellmemomma1966 wrote:
the gushing reviews and the harsh reviews are not the problem.

the problem is when people on either side decide to condemn others based on their viewpoints. though everybody is guilty of this from time to time, it's completely unfair and should be avoided at all costs.

I think you nailed it here, Momma. Too bad about the "sides" thing, really. I mean, over a 50-year period things are bound to change, bound to be different. A lot to take in and so many perspectives sometimes creates a Tempest.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat August 4th, 2012, 23:47 GMT 

Joined: Tue February 10th, 2009, 16:11 GMT
Posts: 625
Bennyboy wrote:
The critical factor here is recognition of the inescapable fact that Dylan's vocal capabilities have declined dramatically. Anyone who pretends otherwise is a fool. The key question for each listener is do they still enjoy what they hear. If yes then carry on buying the records and attending the shows, if no, move on. Dylan is trying to fight against the passage of time. He won't win but he can try. The only fools in this parade are the people who castigate others who still get pleasure from Dylan's efforts.


I attended the Berlin show and loved it, in particular "She Belongs To Me". I agree that, as you say, his vocal capabilities have declined dramatictically. People complained about declining vocal capabilities in the 1998-2001 period as well, when i attended a lot of shows. It was probably true then as well, at least when compared to for example the 1978 tour, but it's really been a downhill ride since about 2000. There's no question about it. But somehow I still loved the Berlin show. Why? I'm not sure. Maybe just because I'm an old fanboy and being close to this great man makes me feel good. Maybe because he seemed to be relaxed and, yes, comfortable during the Berlin show. Maybe because he was mostly playing piano instead of that awful circus organ. Maybe because he's really charismatic in all his awkwardness. Maybe because there's a certain quality to a Bob show that can't be captured on tape.
I don't know. All i know is that I was there and I loved it. I won't download the recording. Every time I've downloaded a recording of a show I've attended since 2005 or so, it's been disappointing (unlike my experience in 1998-2001). I'll just cherish the memory.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun August 5th, 2012, 11:38 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue June 23rd, 2009, 09:29 GMT
Posts: 9803
Location: Sydney
ah lordy

even though i didn't have the kind of brilliant and beautiful time at the berlin show that i had at the other dylan shows i've seen, watching this already causes me moderate physical pain (twinges, stabs, aches) around the heart region

at the time i was so conscious that i was there and that it was happening and all the rest of it, this was my present
i can still remember that feeling, but it's now a month ago

why is it so painful that time passes and that you can't re-experience the past??? this is the #1 hangup in my consciousness


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun August 5th, 2012, 11:59 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue December 14th, 2010, 14:22 GMT
Posts: 24737
Location: around, waiting for you
You know.... you could have been born 100 years later and missed it completely.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon August 6th, 2012, 05:20 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 2nd, 2007, 10:49 GMT
Posts: 1294
HardTimes wrote:
I won't download the recording. Every time I've downloaded a recording of a show I've attended since 2005 or so, it's been disappointing (unlike my experience in 1998-2001). I'll just cherish the memory.


The same by me, although I like some of the tapes of shows I attended till 2008. After that every recording was disapointing after a show, (especially Salzburg, Barolo is the better tape but the show wasn't that good).

Recently I was listening to many 1995 shows and was stunned (had forgotten much) that there were 2-4 diffferent arrangements of one song during the year. I completely forget the first "Ill be yo0ur baby tonight": totally relaxed and different with this long intro. Was played only two times that way. It was not only the mass of songs, also the changing of them during one year.
These two facts are completely lost recently. (Althouh there are few new arrangements, they sound like a version before (Can't wait, she belongs to me) or weren't changed very much (High water, Levee).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon August 6th, 2012, 20:30 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed November 2nd, 2011, 12:48 GMT
Posts: 675
Location: portugal
tellmemomma1966 wrote:
ah lordy

even though i didn't have the kind of brilliant and beautiful time at the berlin show that i had at the other dylan shows i've seen, watching this already causes me moderate physical pain (twinges, stabs, aches) around the heart region

at the time i was so conscious that i was there and that it was happening and all the rest of it, this was my present
i can still remember that feeling, but it's now a month ago

why is it so painful that time passes and that you can't re-experience the past??? this is the #1 hangup in my consciousness


i guess it would be messed up if the brain could re-experience everything as it exactly happened, then how could we separate reality from memories? and getting even more lame, that's the beauty of time/memories, after that we are left only with the scent of the past, that we can associate with whatever we want.

a little off topic here, anyway i kinda agree that this is not a killer version but hey, we got a freakin' huge piano on stage, give the man some time and i'm sure we'll get some great stuff... ...despite the voice. can't wait to see what grandbob will do with that new toy in the US !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue August 7th, 2012, 12:40 GMT 

Joined: Thu October 13th, 2011, 11:38 GMT
Posts: 111
I can't believe the positive response a post like this receives. You guys just don't get it. Benny really is a "tragedy", a person who spends what any normal person would consider an exorbitant amount of time cruelly derogating a man who has added a lot of meaning to his life. Mean-spirited, childish garbage...BUT, when pressed, Mr. Too Much Time On His Hands can give you an insular two thousand words that work out the logic that shows the he truly does espouse the most well-reasoned, adult point of view. :lol: What a joke!

Bennyboy wrote:
senor10 wrote:
Comparisions are odious. The critical factor here is recognition of the inescapable fact that Dylan's vocal capabilities have declined dramatically. Anyone who pretends otherwise is a fool. The key question for each listener is do they still enjoy what they hear. If yes then carry on buying the records and attending the shows, if no, move on. Dylan is trying to fight against the passage of time. He won't win but he can try. The only fools in this parade are the people who castigate others who still get pleasure from Dylan's efforts. Benny is a living tragedy. A person dedicated to telling others what they should think.

Tellmemomma, it is clear that things have changed and as much as everybody would like Dylan to sing 'She Belongs to Me' like he did in the sixties, it ain't going to happen. No matter how many times people discuss this it all comes down to individual perceptions. Longing for the past is as much of a waste of time, as it is discussing this subject. Benny obviously has nothing much to do, otherwise a rational person who dislikes what he hears would simply give up criticising an artist he used to like and get a new hobby.


Let it be noted by moderators - et al - that I have been referred to here as 'a living tragedy'. By someone who has consistently responded to many of my posts in a very condemnatory and insulting manner.

Oh, that delicious ironing again.


The six year-old troublemaker throws pebbles at the other kids until one of them retaliates...then he jumps up and down shouting, "They've thrown a stone at me!" as if it were somehow not absolutely natural and expected.

Quote:
- You posit that 'a rational person who dislikes what he hears would simply give up criticising an artist he used to like and get a new hobby'.
You make a number of assumptions here that need questioning.
First of all, criticism in its technical sense can be both positive and negative. There is no weight given to either side of the scale, rather it confers the meaning that one is actively and consciously commenting upon the observed object. We are therefore actually all critics of Bob Dylan and his work in here.


Um, the word "criticize", in the colloquial (you know, human) sense carries a strong negative connotation. But back to your computing.

Quote:
Secondly, you imply that I somehow used to like Bob Dylan but now don't. Do you really understand what that means? Look - Bob Dylan as an artist exists at all times through his recorded output combined with our personl experience of his art. For most of us, the studio albums and bootlegs and youtube videos are the bulk of how we get our fix. The attending of concerts is minor to that, in terms of time actually spent pursuing this 'hobby' (your term - I find it pretty reductive myself). Now, here's the thing - Bob Dylan the person is of no real concern to me. I couldnt give a monkeys mostly who he is as a human being, what he does from day to day, what he wears, how he combs his hair etc. I have a deep appreciation for how he has lived parts of his life, and respect for elements of his character as gleaned through some books and my own observations etc. But thats all just the tiny tip of the iceberg (new album reference, folks!) of what keeps the guy beating in my mind. No - its the work he has produced that impacts on me, that constitutes my fascination, that absorbs my intellect and guts simultaneously. Do you understand? I'm talking about the 50 years of songs that he has recorded in the studio and performed live. I'm intimate with these - to a greater or lesser degree, of course, depending on which dates - because I have listened to them, absorbed them. I continue to do this, to keep myself up to date with the art the man is producing. Yes, I said art - even if I personally dislike something, I dont deny him the the right to call it art and himself an artist.
The logic of this is that you cannot with any grain of truth say that when i comment negatively on a performance of 'She Belongs To Me' from this week, that I am criticising an artist I used to like. Its a mix up of terminology that confuses issues rather than clarifies them. Instead, it would be much more accurate to say I am criticising negatively a piece of work by an artist whose past works I appreciate more. The tense is important here - there is no past tense in loving what Bob Dylan did in 1965 or 1976. It exists outside of time because technology allows me instant access, a front row seat, a spot at the mixing desk, whenever I choose. Do you get that? The constriction you deliberately employ in claiming I 'used to like' Bob Dylan is insulting and a fallacy. It misses the whole point.


This passage alone is 450 words. However, once again, you're playing this pointless semantics game. When senor10 says Benny obviously has nothing much to do, otherwise a rational person who dislikes what he hears would simply give up criticizing an artist he used to like and get a new hobby--everyone knows what he means, right? Everyone knows how this sentiment would apply to Bennyboy. But Bennyboy says, "No, no, see, you have it all wrong", proceeds to produce 450 words that do little more than split hairs, and then everyone applauds...Look at the big block of text that man made! :lol:

You're missing the point, dude. You're a drag. Regardless of how or when or where or why you like Bobby, you and your contributions here are largely a drag. None of the hair splitting stuff means anything.

Quote:
The whole point being this: I am just as qualified as anybody here to comment on any performance from Bob Dylan that is put in front of me. This is a forum where a thread has been started inviting us to do just that. And, guess what? Because I have heard lots of other performances of this song before, my brain automatically places this new one in a hierarchy of quality. If it didn't, I'd just be a receiver with no filter or processing behind it.


There's no way of "processing" something apart from determining its position in this great "hierarchy of quality"? Clearly this is a ludicrous idea. But I'm sure I'll get 450 words explaining how I've got it all wrong, right? :lol:


Quote:
The stuff would pass through me and I'd have no purchase on it beyond the moment of response. There would be no experience behind judgement. Yes, experience behind judgement - I'll say it again, because it seems to me that one strand of argument against me and others saying they dislike a ModBob performance is that we are pissing on the parade of others who do enjoy it. To which I say this: when all I read is a stream of positive comments about everything, when the usual suspects line up in a thread to rave about how brilliant and on fire the band and singer are, just as they do for everything, it makes me imagine a dog in a car with its head out the window, its tongue lapping as it goes past. Its pure sensation without context, expressed emotion without evaluation. Am I jealous that there are some people here who can listen to anything - literally, any thing -that Bob Dylan does and declare it genius? Yep, of course - it must be nice to be that dog in that car. But while I'm envious of that ability to have no comparative judgement, the self-same lack of critical analysis and nailing colours to the mast of 'Yeah, ok, he did that, but he did it better here, and here, and over there etc' really gets my goat. I've thought about why, and I think it ultimately comes down to this: what does it mean for previous work if every new object has the same gushing praise heaped up on it? What, for example, does it qualitively mean to have a thread about 'Visions of Johanna' from Sheffield 1966 next to one about 'She Belongs To Me' from Germany 2012 and see them both fill up with the same words?


Let me get this straight.

1. People who respond favorably to Bob's performances are simply predictable, mindless dogs, and

2. If Bob performs/writes/records something badly it's important that we derogate him, otherwise, what does it mean for Visions of Johanna '66?

Boy, you're just missing the point completely. People have a problem with you because you're extremely cruel and mean-spirited. You're trying to make it this argument about ideals, but the reality of your contributions here is by far closer to dog shit than ANYTHING Bob Dylan has ever recorded. You're seriously like a troubled six year-old who, when busted, gives a wordy, earnest, heartfelt defense that completely misses the gist of his crisis.

Quote:
That’s what winds me up, I think – the fact that my own comparative judgement is only reflected by the views of a few here, not the majority. Not so much that others might vary in the degree of their negativity or positivity, but that really there is so little variance, such a blanket conformity of love.


You just don't get it. It's a fan site, dude.

Quote:
And again I have asked myself what this lack of light and shade in certain sections of this forum might indicate; what is the underlying impulse that drives this shoaling of fish in one direction?


What makes it so that the attitude on this forum is more positive than negative?

Really?

Is this a question that need be asked?

Quote:
The only answer I can come up with is that there must be a lot of members of this forum for whom the person Bob Dylan and the art produced by him are inseparable. I definitely get the sense that their ‘hobby’ goes beyond just listening to the music in isolation – it seems that the music is almost secondary to the wider picture of love for the man. How else to explain the minutiae of descriptions about what his trousers look like, about being able to follow his plane journeys on a virtual map, about what he eats, his portable toilet habits, that weird and scary ‘Visions of Bob’ thread etc?

Fair enough, I guess – from that perspective, this place is no different to a, oh I dunno, a Matthew Mcconaughey fangasm/stalker site (not that I’ve checked, but I assume – shudder – that such places exist). That pappy celebrity thing, where the fourth estate tries to trick us into thinking we have more in common with complete strangers than we do our own families.

But thats not what I’m about, and what concerns me is that the love of this Bob Dylan bloke bleeds over and dominates and colours the love and appreciation of his art. The two are linked inexorably, for sure, and there is some value in context of creation, but in my aesthetic, you must at some point try and divorce the two if you are to get a good sense of what is important. Art must stand for itself, by itself. Roland Barthes’ ‘Death of the Author’ and all that debate implies.


Here's an idea. Maybe "mindless fangasm" v. "serious art critique" is a false choice, especially given that we're talking about a fan forum for a rock'n'roll artist. Maybe the truth is somewhere in between. But, aside from all of that...let's keep in mind that this is a defense of your being able to derogate Bob as cruelly and often as you wish. Pretty convenient that, again, it becomes this noble struggle over ideals. :lol:

Quote:
This is again a confusing mix of messages. You can’t talk on the one hand about enjoying what you hear and on the other about Dylan fighting the ageing process and not have your thoughts on the latter influencing the former. This is common round here – there seems to be a compensatory respect for Dylan still being out there, still touring, still performing that is casting favourable light all over the appreciation of the work being done. I understand that - its like Dylan is Grandpa still trotting out his wartime songs at Christmas – a part of you groans, but is swamped by the fact that you love him, and so you applaud and feel warm inside. I sincerely think that for some here, Bob Dylan is another family member like that, that it is impossible for them to separate the songs from the person and from their feelings about that person.


So? Who cares?

Do you think your relationship to Bob Dylan is normal? Wouldn't it be interesting to know how much aggregate time you've spent talking about Bob, reading about Bob, thinking about Bob, looking at pictures of Bob, etc. --all of which stand apart from even a single second of music! Yeah, right, this is the behavior, the life, of someone who's really made an effort to separate the man from the art.

Quote:
Thus there are those who quite blatantly will go on record here as saying that as long as the old guy is still on a stage, they will go and see him. That somehow, the very fact of his still performing is in itself of value. Or, that they somehow ‘owe’ him that out of duty, for what he has given them.

I’m not so heartless I don’t see why that view might arise – we’re all in the same handcart heading to death, after all, and there is something profound in those who keep fighting to the last drop of life. And paying one’s respects to those who have influenced or contributed to one’s inner richness is a noble act.


Yep. Stop right there. Stop! Hey! I...

Quote:
It’s a complex equation, granted, this looking at art and the artist and disentangling the two. One one hand, you have the view echoed by de Kooning when he said "There's no way of looking at a work of art by itself. It's not self-evident—it needs a history, it needs a lot of talking about; it's part of a whole man's life."

Against which I would argue that ultimately, Art cannot be anything but self-evident. By its very expression, it exists outside of its creator and is something else entirely. That ‘She Belongs To Me’ is not Bob Dylan, its not those musicians, its not the smartphone it’s captured on, the screen that presents it to you, the speakers that play the music. It has its own legs, and it moves independently. How you interpret the sensory data it provides you with though - that is your issue and yours alone.


Where did this extreme respect for subjectivity come from? Given the "people who like "ModBob" = mindless dogs" platform and all. :wink:

Once more: this "struggle of ideals" stuff is completely irrelevant to why people don't like you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue August 7th, 2012, 13:27 GMT 
Mercury Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed January 28th, 2009, 09:47 GMT
Posts: 10102
Location: A high place of darkness and light
Cheers Bruce. Admirable dialectic scalpel you wield there.

However, you missed your signature bit about ModBob being untouchable because he's "a civil rights icon, dude", and the impassioned rant about how tiny impressionable children read this forum. Some of whom may be related to Dylan himself!!!

Moderators, please take note and adjust his medication. He appears to be slipping.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue August 7th, 2012, 17:43 GMT 

Joined: Thu October 13th, 2011, 11:38 GMT
Posts: 111
I don’t know what’s more significant, the fact that you chose to not provide a substantial reply to my post, or that your point of view is so warped that, from it, being deferential towards Bob is somehow  more objectionable than cruelly insulting him.

Come on, Benny. You know I'm right.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue August 7th, 2012, 18:44 GMT 
Mercury Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed January 28th, 2009, 09:47 GMT
Posts: 10102
Location: A high place of darkness and light
Someone is out there beating on a dead horse.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue August 7th, 2012, 19:23 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon December 6th, 2004, 06:22 GMT
Posts: 15018
Location: Scarlet Town
Bennyboy wrote:
Someone is out there beating on a dead horse.

Which would be you



Ps


Great post Bruce...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue August 7th, 2012, 19:41 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue December 14th, 2010, 14:22 GMT
Posts: 24737
Location: around, waiting for you
Bruce11 wrote:
I don’t know what’s more significant, the fact that you chose to not provide a substantial reply to my post, or that your point of view is so warped that, from it, being deferential towards Bob is somehow  more objectionable than cruelly insulting him.

Come on, Benny. You know I'm right.


He wouldn't admit to it in a million years though. He likes having the last word, and he usually gets it not because he's right, but because people grow tired arguing with him. It must be he has too much time - it must be he has nothing else to do with his life. He's been insulting Bob Dylan and members of this forum on a daily basis for years now. Why anyone would spend so much time on a forum decicated to an artist who's moved beyond the neat and unchangable and in context rather short period that BB claim to enjoy and understand is beyond me. As for getting replies out of him in that regard, forget it. Cheers for trying, though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue August 7th, 2012, 20:19 GMT 
Mercury Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed January 28th, 2009, 09:47 GMT
Posts: 10102
Location: A high place of darkness and light
I dont spend even a fraction of the time talking about you lot as you do about me.

Thanks, I'm flattered.

Now, what questions does today's class have for me?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue August 7th, 2012, 20:21 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue December 14th, 2010, 14:22 GMT
Posts: 24737
Location: around, waiting for you
Not one. There's exactly nothing to learn from you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue August 7th, 2012, 20:28 GMT 
Mercury Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed January 28th, 2009, 09:47 GMT
Posts: 10102
Location: A high place of darkness and light
Johanna Parker wrote:
Not one. There's exactly nothing to learn from you.


Ah, I see.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue August 7th, 2012, 23:17 GMT 

Joined: Thu October 13th, 2011, 11:38 GMT
Posts: 111
Image

Hey, new music from Bob Dylan! Sweet! Let's put it on so everyone can enjoy it!








Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue August 7th, 2012, 23:19 GMT 

Joined: Thu October 13th, 2011, 11:38 GMT
Posts: 111
Starring Cloris Leachman as BostonAreaBobFan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed August 8th, 2012, 00:37 GMT 
Mercury Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 13851
How did it come to this? Good try Bruce11. I think you might be wasting your time though, speaking of doing so. This is EXACTLY what Bannyboy is trying to get you to do. Like a lawyer tries to taunt the guy in the witness stand to the point of emotional boil over and therefore discredit them. I've given Banny a little bit of guff here and there, all in good jest. You gotta step back and rise above his manipulative bullshit. He's board out of his brains with our lot and is looking for intellectual entertainment in a non-customary way. The guy's one of the staunchest Bob fans here and has a heart of gold..somewhere...in...there...I just know it. One way to sort it all out will be over several tasty strong dark brews, in person. Someday, no doubt. Back to what you were doin'.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed August 8th, 2012, 01:04 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed June 13th, 2007, 04:19 GMT
Posts: 2128
Location: A kingdom called heaven
If Bennyboy drinks dark beer he can't be all bad :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed August 8th, 2012, 01:11 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed November 2nd, 2011, 12:48 GMT
Posts: 675
Location: portugal
i cant help but to think about this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVwR0rw5fk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed August 8th, 2012, 01:19 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed June 13th, 2007, 04:19 GMT
Posts: 2128
Location: A kingdom called heaven
^^^Brilliant.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed August 8th, 2012, 02:04 GMT 
Mercury Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 13851
Peggy Night wrote:
If Bennyboy drinks dark beer he can't be all bad :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBrnAFoN ... ata_player


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed August 8th, 2012, 11:47 GMT 

Joined: Thu October 13th, 2011, 11:38 GMT
Posts: 111
Still Go Barefoot wrote:
How did it come to this? Good try Bruce11. I think you might be wasting your time though, speaking of doing so. This is EXACTLY what Bannyboy is trying to get you to do. Like a lawyer tries to taunt the guy in the witness stand to the point of emotional boil over and therefore discredit them.


I'm not boiling over emotionally, or anything like that. I'm just being honest about Benny. He doesn't drive me crazy or anything, I just think his presence here is kind of a joke and I'm not afraid to discuss it a little.

Quote:
You gotta step back and rise above his manipulative bullshit.


I'm not sure why you feel that he's manipulating me. Maybe I should hand that message back to you and you can give it to BABF and everyone who thought Benny's clueless post was so great. :wink: They're the ones who are being manipulated, if anyone. Learn to use your brains, folks.

Quote:
He's board out of his brains with our lot and is looking for intellectual entertainment in a non-customary way.


He's an asshole who needs to get a life. Tomato, tomato.

By the way, think of the wide variety of people this could apply to: He's board out of his brains with our lot and is looking for intellectual entertainment in a non-customary way. I'm thinking Unabomber, etc.

Quote:
The guy's one of the staunchest Bob fans here and has a heart of gold..somewhere...in...there...I just know it. One way to sort it all out will be over several tasty strong dark brews, in person. Someday, no doubt. Back to what you were doin'.


It doesn't needed to be "sorted out". It will be sorted out when Benny and Bob and I are all worm shit. Who cares? Heck, I feel good about myself after reading Benny's posts. Like, this guy makes me look like Tony Robbins.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed August 8th, 2012, 11:59 GMT 
Mercury Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 13851
Bruce11 wrote:
Still Go Barefoot wrote:
He's bored out of his brains with our lot and is looking for intellectual entertainment in a non-customary way.


He's an asshole who needs to get a life. Tomato, tomato.
.

You say tomato, I say Tomahto...be nice.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group