Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon November 20th, 2017, 18:56 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue February 10th, 2015, 20:56 GMT 
Mercury Member

It's Been A Long, Long Time. Bing's version.

PostPosted: Tue February 10th, 2015, 20:58 GMT 
Promethium Member

gibsona07 wrote:
Something by the band Kiss.

My thought exactly.

PostPosted: Tue February 10th, 2015, 21:32 GMT 

I'm guessing Bob included, "The Shoop Shoop Song (It's in His Kiss)" written by Rudy Clark. I'm guessing he'll use the Betty Everett version but he could also go with Cher's version.

PostPosted: Tue February 10th, 2015, 23:22 GMT 
Titanium Member

Masked And Anonymous wrote:
I'm guessing Bob included, "The Shoop Shoop Song (It's in His Kiss)" written by Rudy Clark. I'm guessing he'll use the Betty Everett version but he could also go with Cher's version.

Being Bob, he may well have gone for THE original - by Merry Clayton - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDKwz6O ... r_embedded

PostPosted: Wed February 11th, 2015, 00:08 GMT 

^Thanks for the heads-up. :)

PostPosted: Wed February 11th, 2015, 00:46 GMT 

I wonder if it is too much to suggest the possibility that this isn't an unreleased episode but rather a new one, or a start of a new season (post-XM contract?). "Kiss" just happens to be on Valentine's? Coincidence?

PostPosted: Wed February 11th, 2015, 06:29 GMT 

AWA wrote:
I wonder if it is too much to suggest the possibility that this isn't an unreleased episode but rather a new one, or a start of a new season (post-XM contract?). "Kiss" just happens to be on Valentine's? Coincidence?
:!: :!:
Quote:
the timing fits and you'd think they'd air it elsewhere as well.

will this be on in the US too, at a different time?- (just like the new album was heard first over there) I would like to hear that voice reciting some of those songs and poems and asides about the subject.
AWA wrote:
And now, for the once time honored tradition of guessing songs that will be played....

"Bésame, Bésame Mucho"

PostPosted: Wed February 11th, 2015, 07:54 GMT 

You can listen to Radio Eins via livestream:
http://www.radioeins.de/livestream/index.html

My guess for songs going to be played: obviously Prince with "Kiss"

PostPosted: Wed February 11th, 2015, 10:36 GMT 

'Save your kisses for me' - Bob's always been a Brotherhood of Man sorta guy.

PostPosted: Wed February 11th, 2015, 11:48 GMT 

'Eso Beso' or something from the Cole Porter musical 'Kiss Me Kate'.

PostPosted: Wed February 11th, 2015, 13:14 GMT 

Boy, I've been missing this!

Lefty Frizzell: 'Give Me More, More, More of Your Kisses'
The Weavers: 'Kisses Sweeter than Wine'
Kris Kristofferson: 'If You Don't Like Hank Williams You Can Kiss My Ass'

PostPosted: Wed February 11th, 2015, 13:35 GMT 
Titanium Member

what's the time zone, for converting purposes? or better said, what time does this equate to in Chicago? it's 7:35am here right now

he's gotta play Prince.

PostPosted: Wed February 11th, 2015, 13:42 GMT 
Promethium Member

CET - 2.42pm here now.
Are we having a listening party?

PostPosted: Wed February 11th, 2015, 14:02 GMT 
Titanium Member

A Merry Llama wrote:
what's the time zone, for converting purposes? or better said, what time does this equate to in Chicago? it's 7:35am here right now

this website converts the time zones.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/c ... 1=37&p2=47

PostPosted: Wed February 11th, 2015, 14:10 GMT 

A Merry Llama wrote:

he's gotta play Prince.

If I have it right, the show is airing at 9 PM CET, 3 PM ET, 2 PM Central today. Based on the limited information I have, I'm guessing this is an unaired broadcast from the original series, rather than Dylan's return to the airwaves.

Interestingly, RadioEins was broadcasting cuts from "Shadows in the Night" several days before the album's official release and, as I mention in my Dreamtime post, "Kiss" is being broadcast as a special episode of RadioEins' "Friendly Takeover" series, a show whose format is very reminiscent of TTRH (musicians act as deejays and play their favorite songs).

PostPosted: Wed February 11th, 2015, 14:22 GMT 
Promethium Member

Fred@Dreamtime wrote:
Interestingly, RadioEins was broadcasting cuts from "Shadows in the Night" several days before the album's official release

Before the release date in Germany even? It came out here the Friday before the US/UK release.

PostPosted: Wed February 11th, 2015, 14:56 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
Fred@Dreamtime wrote:
Interestingly, RadioEins was broadcasting cuts from "Shadows in the Night" several days before the album's official release

Before the release date in Germany even? It came out here the Friday before the US/UK release.

yes, they broadcasted a few songs during their daily program on wednesday (January 28) before the release in Germany (The Night We Called It A Day, Where Are You, What'll I Do)

http://www.radioeins.de/themen/musik/ak ... lan--.html

PostPosted: Wed February 11th, 2015, 15:42 GMT 
Promethium Member

Hope that didn't scare people off. :P

PostPosted: Wed February 11th, 2015, 17:42 GMT 

Cowboy kisses!! <3
~And every kiss could start a dream, for two~

OOOOhhhh How Exciting!!! And this pairs so perfectly with the release of Shadows in the Night, doesn't it???? Yes indeed! Believe it or not, one year ago ('round Valenine's Day 2014) I put together a playlist of songs about kisses, with the intention of making up my own kiss-themed TTRH kinda show. WOW..I mean, I had imagined that a "Kiss" theme surely would have made for a most exquisite, perfect episode of TTRH, and I was thinkin' it was a shame that Bobby never did episode of TTRH for this topic (or so it seemed...anyway). So, my intention had been to put some of them kissin' songs together as a TTRH-esque show and perhaps post it on Soundcloud or something. I even had some commentary typed up. Sadly though, I never did get around to it, too busy. Feelin' bad now that I didn't do it back then. I gathered up some fun, extraneous little side-features like vintage Hershey kisses commercials, history of kissing, famous 'kiss scenes' in movies, poems about kissing, and so on....

Here are the songs I intended had in mind, for using in a kind of "Kiss" themed show...one year ago (it will be interesting to see how this matches up with the song selection in the actual show; some of these songs have already been mentioned on this thread; CS_Nielsen, I love yer mentioning of Lefty's song there, "Give Me More, More, More of Your Kisses"; I had another one of Lefty Frizzell's tunes on my list last year, "Always Late With Your Kisses"; seems Lefty- like Tennessee Ernie Ford- has a couple different smoochin' songs! Love me some Lefty!!)

"Prelude to a Kiss" - Duke Ellington
"Kiss" - Prince
"Kissin' Bug Boogie" - Tennessee Ernie Ford ~or~ "Cool Cool Kisses" - Tennessee Ernie Ford
"Kissing Bug" - June Christy
"Knock Me a Kiss"- Louis Jordan
"The Gal Who Invented Kissin'" - Hank Snow
"Kisses Sweeter Than Wine" - The Weavers
"Kissin' On" - Woody Guthrie
"In France They Kiss On Main Street" - Joni Mitchell
"We Kiss in a Shadow" - Sonny Rollins
"'Til I Kissed You" - The Everly Brothers
"This Year’s Kisses" - Billie Holiday
"Always Late (With Your Kisses)" - Lefty Frizzell [I absolutely LOVE this song!!!!!!]
"Just A Few Sweet Kisses - Slim Whitman
"Kiss Me"- Tom Waits
"Red Hot Kisses" - Sonny Boy Williamson
"Passionate Kisses" - Lucinda Williams [Oh My GOODNESS what a cool tune! LOVE it! awww, I sure wanna share some passionate kisses with Bobby!]
"A Kiss To Build A Dream On" - Louis Armstrong
"You Can't Kiss A Dream Goodnight" - Jimmy Witherspoon
"Kiss An Angel Good Morning" - Charley Pride
"Throw a Farewell Kiss" - The Velvelettes
"A Kiss Before I Go" - Ryan Adams
"The Last Kiss (Is the Last Kiss Goodbye)" - Conway Twitty

~~~and some more, Shadows in the Night-Ol' Blue Eyes anyone???:
"Kiss Me Again" - Frank Sinatra
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6izpEXoh-A
"Kisses and Tears" - Ol' Blue Eyes & Jane Russell (woah! this record's like dynamite!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0r7CqWDXz0"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK now, just for some more ridiculous kicks....this may be kinda pointless to post all of this, apologies; but maybe you can find out some cool stuff bout kissin' that ya didn't know before, just in time for Valentine's Day......so here's a miscellaneous smattering of some kissin' commentary n' hodgepodge topics I had in mind (sorry if all this is slightly absurd, very silly, and -er- rather flamboyant, LOL; and this is just a sketchy rough draft and it doesn't exactly correspond to the order of the songs in the list above, some are missing: sorry if that's strange, annoying, confusing, or a little off-putting; Oh and-my show doesn't exactly have a title either.... :oops: oy )
Anyway, I tried to imagine what a "Kiss TTRH" episode might have 'sounded' like...:

It’s wintertime here in this big, bustling town. Sweethearts stroll by together as snowflakes begin to fall. A snow white box truck delivers fresh pastries from a corner bakery. A jazzman starts blowing hot notes from on a hot trumpet inside the hot coffee house next door. A long-haired lonely gal sips coffee and jazz at the same time while she contemplates sweet kisses that she will never be able to give to her far-away, indifferent beloved....

Hello there and welcome. In the background, you’re hearing Duke Ellington’s classic, beautiful composition from 19-and-38 titled “Prelude to a Kiss”. That's most appropriate because today, we’ll be featuring songs about kissing. That’s right, kissing. The dictionary defines a ‘kiss’ as verb meaning ‘to touch with the lips as a sign of love, sexual desire, reverence, or greeting'. Of course, ‘kiss’ can also be a noun meaning, ‘a touch with the lips in kissing'. Of course, a kiss is the pressing of one's lips against another person or an object. Cultural connotations of kissing vary widely. Depending on the culture and context, a kiss can express sentiments of love, passion, affection, respect, greeting, friendship, peace and good luck, among many others. In some situations a kiss is a ritual, formal or symbolic gesture indicating devotion, respect, or sacrament. Oh-and-this is interesting: Apparently there’s also some kind of small cake or cookie which is called a ‘kiss’. Yummmm. Seems like it might be something like a little meringue treat; Huh!…and I always thought the only kind of edible kiss was that ever- famous n' ever- familiar ‘Hershey Kiss'.. Hmm… Maybe we’ll get a recipe to ya for one of those in this show, if we can find one.

So we’re gonna be talkin’ all about the x’s in those little x’s and o’s that you write at the bottom of a love letter. Yes, and we’ll be discussin' the kiss of death, kissin' cousins, your first kiss and your last kiss, good morning kisses and goodnight kisses, kissin Lincolns, french kissing, Hershey kisses, eskimo kisses, ass kissing, butterfly kisses, and some plain old wet and sloppy smooches. So pucker up, and lend an ear.

Our first record will be one by the singin’ ranger, Hank Snow. Hank was born in Brooklyn. No- not ‘that’ Brooklyn. Hehe. Hank Snow as born in the small community of Brooklyn in Queens County, Nova Scotia, Canada on May 9, 1914. Here’s a song of Hank’s which comes to us from his 19 and 52 album called “Country Classics”, which was released on the RCA Victor Label. In this song, Hank Snow’s gonna sing to us all about the ‘gal who invented kissin’. Here’s Hank Snow.

[Hank Snow- The Gal Who Invented Kissin']

That was Hank Snow, singing to us all about that 'gal who invented kissin'! Hmm, I wonder what her name was? Hank never really tells us in those lyrics, does he? Nah. But she sure sounds interesting, and mysterious.

Curious about the early history of kissin'? Well, Anthropologists are divided into two schools on the origins of kissing, one believing that it is instinctual and intuitive and the other that it evolved from what is known as kiss feeding, a process used by mothers to feed their infants by passing chewed food to their babies' mouths.

It's believed that the Romans helped to spread the habit to most of Europe and north Africa. The Romans were passionate about kissing and talked about several types of kissing. Kissing the hand or cheek was called a baseum. Kissing on the lips with mouth closed was called an osculum, which was used between relatives. A kiss of passion was called a saveum.

One of the earliest written references to kissing can be found in the Bible in the Song of Songs which includes the following lines:
May he kiss me with the kisses of his mouth! For your love is better than wine.
Now The Weavers are gonna sing to us about some of those fine kisses that are sweeter than wine.

[The Weavers – Kisses Sweeter Than Wine]

The Weavers were an American folk music quartet based in Greenwich Village. They sang traditional folk songs from around the world, as well as blues, gospel music, children's songs, labor songs, and American ballads, and sold millions of records at the height of their popularity. The Weavers were formed in November 1948 by Pete Seeger, Ronnie Gilbert, Lee Hays, and Fred Hellerman.

Well folks, My research assistant has just handed me a recipe for those meringue kisses I mentioned earlier. Here’s how you’d make em’: to make Meringue kisses, you’ll need 2 egg whites, ¼ teaspoon of cream of tartar, 1 pinch of salt- just a pinch!, ½ cup of white sugar, ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 4 ounces of semisweet chocolate chips. To make these’ kisses’, you start by Preheating your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside. In a medium bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until they’re frothy; then add cream of tartar and salt. Beat on high speed until stiff. Then Beat in the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. Add vanilla and fold in chocolate chips. Drop this batter by heaping teaspoons onto your prepared baking sheet. Place in oven. Then Turn oven off; leave cookies in oven 5 hours. By the way, these are sometimes called ‘forgotten cookies’ or ‘forgotten kisses’, because you just throw em’ into your preheated oven, kill the heat, and ‘forget about em’, till later. How about that!?!

Alright now. All this food talk is making me hungry for some more great music. I’ve got myself a hankering to hear a Woody Guthrie record. So here’s the man himself, Mr. Woody Guthrie singing his song called “Kissin’ On”.

Woody Guthrie there, continuing our cavalcade of kisses today. Givin’ us kisses one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine—annd---ten!! Wow! That’s a lotta kisses! You'll find that wonderful Woody Guthrie tune on a CD of his songs titled, “Long Ways to Travel: The Unreleased Folkways Masters 1944-1949”.

Here are some kissin' quotes, from the female perspective. Sylvia Plath once said, 'Kiss me, and you will see how important I am’. Ingred Bergman described a kiss as quote ‘a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.” And Marilyn Monroe once said, “Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul. I know, because I turned down the first offer often enough and held out for the fifty cents.” And Dorothy Parker said that, "Lips that taste of tears, they say/ Are the best for kissing". Right on, sisters!

Here’s that great songwriter from Pomona, California with the iconic, expressive, emotive, gravelly voice. It’s Tom Waits singing “Kiss Me”. This is from his 2011 album, Bad as Me.

Well, let’s talk about those iconic Hershey Kisses now. HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Chocolates were first introduced in 1907. It's not known exactly how they received their name, but a popular theory is that the candy was named for the sound or motion of the chocolate being deposited during manufacturing

The basic concept of the present-day wrapping machines for HERSHEY'S KISSES Chocolates dates back to a single channel wrapper developed in August 1921. The plume was added around this time. Before these machines, KISSES Chocolates were wrapped by hand. Today's machines can wrap up to 1,300 KISSES Chocolates per minute!

Production on HERSHEY'S KISSES Chocolates was briefly interrupted from 1942-1949 due to the rationing of silver foil during World War II. KISSES Chocolates mixing machines were also used at this time to produce chocolate paste for military ration bars. It's estimated that 3 billion ration units were produced during this period.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7b6OE9rtFs
And now here’s Otis Dewey Whitman Jr., Also Known as Slim Whitman, singing “Just a Few Sweet Kisses”. Sure sounds yummy to me!

That was “Just a Few Sweet Kisses”, by Slim Whitman, who was from Tampa Florida. One of the best yodelers ever, Slim possessed a smooth 3 octave range falsetto,. In the 1950’s, Slim Whitman toured with Elvis Presley. Slim was once dubbed “America’s favorite folk singer”.

Here's the magnificent and timeless, the one and only Billie Holday, performing with Lester Young here. She's gonna tell ya all about “This Year’s Kisses”.

[This Years Kisses- Billie Holiday]

Oh yes. Yes indeedy. Mellowin' out, kickin' back n' cruisin' away with the great Lady Day. That was the unmistakable, distinctive, gorgeous voice of Billie Holiday singing “This Year’s Kisses”. That record was from 19 and 37. On that record, we heard Billie Holiday on Vocals of course, Lester Young on the Tenor Sax, Buck Clayton on Trumpet, The king of swing himself Benny Goodman on Clarinet, Teddy Wilson on piano, Freddie Green on rhythm guitar, Walter Page on the bass, and Jo Jones on the drums. A stellar lineup on a superb record.

We've got plenty more Kissin’ themes, smoochin’ dreams and lip lockin’ schemes for ya. Everything From just a little peck on the cheek, to a full on French kissin' fury. Time now for some Everly Brothers! Here’s there classic-I think you Everly Brothers fans already know what song I’m gonna play for ya now- it’s 'Bird Dog'! Nah, just kiddin. Hah. It’s “Til’ I Kissed Ya”! Of course! Here’s Don and Phil Everly, doing their big hit from 1960, “Til I kissed Ya’. Enjoy!

Seventeenth century English Poet Robert Herrick had something to say about kisses. This is from his poem called, “To Anthea”.

Give me a kiss, and to that kiss a score;
Then to that twenty, add a hundred more:
A thousand to that hundred: so kiss on,
To make that thousand up a million.
Treble that million, and when that is done,
Let's kiss afresh, as when we first begun.

I’m gonna spin ya some Satchmo now. The always wonderful and incredible and charismatic Louis Armstrong, of course. This song of his comes to us from the year 1951. It’s “A Kiss to Build a Dream On”. This song was composed by Bert Kalmar, Harry Ruby, and Oscar Hammerstein II. So here’s Louis Armstrong now, doing “A Kiss to Build a Dream on”.

That was Louis Armstrong, one of the all time kings of the trumpet, playing “A Kiss to Build a Dream on”. From 19 and 51.

Well as you probably already know, A French kiss is a kiss in which one or both participants' tongues touch the partner's lips or tongue, normally entering their mouth. A French kiss is a slow, passionate kiss which is considered intimate, romantic, erotic or sexual. A "kiss with the tongue" stimulates the partner's lips, tongue and mouth, which are sensitive to the touch. The practice is usually considered a source of pleasure. And one place where you’ll find/see a lot of French Kissing is on Main Street, in France. As Joni Mitchell is going to sing about right now. This is from her album, “The Hissing of Summer Lawns”, from November 19 AND 75.

In France they Kiss on Main Street. Yes Indeed they do. A lovely song, just like a breath of fresh air from the always wonderful Joni Mitchell.

Alright so Valentines Day, the BIG holiday for kissin’, falls right smack dab in the middle of this cold, cold month of February, BRRR. During this time of year, we all look for something to warm us up. Might be a scalding hot cup of coffee or a steaming bowl of soup. But Sonny Boy Williamson keeps HIMself warm with plenty of red hot kisses., as he’s gonna sing to us about that right now. Here’s Sonny Boy, “Red Hot Kisses”. Sing it Sonny!

Oh yeah. Alright!!! I'M LOVIN' that red-hot wailin'-and-wah-wah'in blues harp, Some red hot blues there from Sonny Boy Williamson and his orchestra, one of the greatest blues harmonica players. Yeah, that one’s sure to warm you right up and make you sweat even on the coldest day of February. That scorching single was released on the Trumpet record label. On that flipside of that 45, you’ll find another song by Sonny Boy, called “Going in Your Direction”.

We’ve got plenty more kisses and records heading in your direction right here, so stick around.

Next up is a tune by one of the greatest Honky Tonk singer-songwriters of all time. It’s Lefty Frizzell singing “Alway’s Late With Your Kisses”. Here’s Lefty.

Lefty Frizzell there, with a song for ya called “Always Late with Your Kisses”. I always love seeing those great photos of Lefty with his awesome, customized acoustic guitar, his 1949 Gibson J-200. You know, that one with his name written out in white on the top pickguard ofthe guitar. Google it if you've never seen It before. You've gotta see it for yerself. It sure is one sharp lookin Gee-tar. Very cool and mighty pretty lookin’.

Shirley Luster now, also known as June Christy, one of the greatest cool jazz singers. June Christy was born on November 20, 1925 in Springfield, IL. This is a song of hers called “Kissin’ Bug”.

That was “Kissing Bug” by June Christy. Found that performance of hers on a record called “Ballads for Night People”, which was released on the Capitol record label.

“since feeling is first
who pays any attention
to the syntax of things
will never wholly kiss you;

wholly to be a fool
while Spring is in the world

my blood approves,
and kisses are a far better fate
than wisdom
lady i swear by all flowers. Don't cry
--the best gesture of my brain is less than
your eyelids' flutter which says

we are for eachother: then
laugh, leaning back in my arms
for life's not a paragraph

And death i think is no parenthesis”
― E.E. Cummings, smooching poet

I do believe it’s time for us to hear something by The King of the jukebox, the swingin’, jumpin’, jivin’, exciting Louis Thomas Jordan. This is one of his early classics, called “Knock Me a Kiss”. Louis recorded this song with his band in November 1941. This song has been covered by many jazz greats, including Roy Eldridge, Jimmie Lunceford, and the Gene Krupa band. But here’s the original of “Knock me a Kiss” by the one and only Mister Louis Jordan!

Louis Jordan there doin' “Knock Me A Kiss”. A real slow-burner of a record. Sweeeet. Plenty of food in that song for ya there, too. Kisses AND food. You Definitely get your fill with that one: "When you press your lips to mine, 'Twas then I understood. They taste like candy, brandy and wine, Peaches, bananas, and everything good".
Yum. Plenty of sweet deliciousness from Louis Jordan there.

Well, If you’re someone who is REALLY into kissing, and just can't get enough of it, you might consider exploring the academic field of philematology, that’s the study and the science of kissing! Yes it is. Hmm..Now I Wonder if philematology could turn so-called ‘bad kissers’ into good kissers? Perhaps it could.

Coming up next on this philematological edition of our show, we’re gonna hear a record by the one and only Ray Charles. This one’s a real jumpin’, pounding rave up. Gonna stir things up a whole lot. Plenty rambunctious and bursting at the seams with energy and lovin’. This is “Kiss me Baby” by Ray Charles.

Lovey Dovey all of the Time. Hot, hot hot! That was Ray Charles singing “Kiss Me Baby”. All night long. That’s a lot of kisses!

Let’s head to the big Apple Right now, and hear an exquisite, lovely record by the great Jazz tenor saxophonist Sonny Rollins. This is called “We Kiss in a shadow”

“We Kiss in a Shadow”. Indeed we do. Newk there, also known as Colossus, also known as Uncle Don. Sonny Rollins, a great artist of many names, and amazing, terrific talent. One of the HUGE players of Jazz. One of my favorite sax players ever. He really did take us places there with that record. A truly transporting kind of record. A real head trip.

“The sunlight claps the earth, and the moonbeams kiss the sea: what are all these kissings worth, if thou kiss not me?”
― Percy Bysshe Shelley, kissin' poet

On the other hand, Oscar Wilde once said, “A kiss may ruin a human life”. Damn straight.

“O, here
Will I set up my everlasting rest,
And shake the yoke of inauspicious stars
From this world-wearied flesh. Eyes, look your last!
Arms, take your last embrace! and, lips, O you
The doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss
A dateless bargain to engrossing death!”
― William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

Prince once said, quote:
“You don't have to be cool to rule my world
Ain't no particular sign I'm compatible with!
I just want your extra time and your... kiss!!”

Here’s Prince, that magnificent Minnesota music man, with his big hit single from 1988, “Kiss”. .......

Longest kiss on record:
On 14 February 2013, Ekkachai and Laksana Tiranarat from Bangkok, Thailand held a kiss for 58 hours, 35 minutes and 58 seconds [40] in a Valentine's Day "kissathon" for a new world record, which must be verified by officials from Guinness World Records.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
sorry folks, hope I didn't get under yer skins too much with my llloooonnnggg reply..

anyway..wow, OK, so I find it very interesting, even mind boggling, that now, a full year after I made up that song list and all, that it seems there really IS/WAS a TTRH Kiss episode after all- a 'lost'/unaired episode. Can't wait to hear it at last! My heart's all a flutter!

Ya know, it's good luck to get some Zimmy kisses!!! <3

PostPosted: Wed February 11th, 2015, 17:59 GMT 
Mercury Member

looking at the german site now the current programme has a small 'download to mp3' link just below the show - here's hoping the same will be in place tomorrow...

PostPosted: Wed February 11th, 2015, 18:27 GMT 
Titanium Member

Johanna Parker wrote:
CET - 2.42pm here now.
Are we having a listening party?

I see no reason not to given that I will be listening and partying anyhow!

Edit: why would I try to listen tomorrow, JP? I mean today of course

Last edited by A Merry Llama on Wed February 11th, 2015, 18:47 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed February 11th, 2015, 18:28 GMT 
Promethium Member

^
Tomorrow? It's on today.

TTRHWilburysFan91 wrote:
Ya know, it's good luck to get some Zimmy kisses!!! <3

:oops:

PostPosted: Wed February 11th, 2015, 19:16 GMT 
Promethium Member

A Merry Llama wrote:
Edit: why would I try to listen tomorrow, JP? I mean today of course

Sorry, that was to Tim. You post got in between that.

PostPosted: Wed February 11th, 2015, 19:35 GMT 
Titanium Member

ah, that makes sense - i think he was suggesting today's program might be avail in mp3 format tomorrow.

listening now - wow, there's nothing more sexy then hearing the words "Bob Dylan" in german, and surrounded by other german words.
definitely got to make it overseas for a show someday.

PostPosted: Wed February 11th, 2015, 19:52 GMT 
Promethium Member

A Merry Llama wrote:
wow, there's nothing more sexy then hearing the words "Bob Dylan" in german, and surrounded by other german words.

Funny I never noticed that! :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next