Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sun November 23rd, 2014, 02:05 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: Where Did It Go???
PostPosted: Tue August 6th, 2013, 05:49 GMT 

Two nights ago, I attempted to do my nightly ritual of listening to TTRH on Sirius's site as i fall asleep, but the channel was nowhere to be found.
Does anyone know what happened? I can't find anything about this strange occurance on the internet sofar.

Post subject: Re: Where Did It Go???
PostPosted: Tue August 6th, 2013, 19:30 GMT 

Awww...Grandbob, I actually do the same thing!: I listen to TTRH as I drift off to sleep each night too. (His voice is so calming and soothing and mellow and nice and dreamy ain't it?). Sadly, SiriusXM has apparently just discontinued their airings of TTRH episodes :cry: :cry: :cry: and that includes discontinuing their internet TTRH station......grrrrr
uh~scroll down to the last 3 posts on this page: http://expectingrain.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=61129 you'll read what I'm talkin' bout :(

But I reckon ya could still tune to Dylanradio and hear episodes each day..I believe Dylanradio still streams TTRH at noon and at 10PM each night...so maybe you could tune in that way (at 10PM), so you could still catch your Z's with zimmeh playin ya some recordzzzz? http://www.dylanradio.com/

PostPosted: Tue August 6th, 2013, 21:23 GMT 
Senior Moderator

I love DylanRadio. The Walrus does a great job broadcasting all things Dylan.

PostPosted: Wed August 7th, 2013, 05:43 GMT 

yeah, listening to TTRH was one of my favorite passtimes as i fall asleep, but i usually doze off at around 3 or 4 in the morning...i guess ill just have to um...aquire episodes from other sources :wink:

PostPosted: Wed August 7th, 2013, 13:35 GMT 

I thought i was the only one who goes to sleep with theme time :D

PostPosted: Wed August 7th, 2013, 18:12 GMT 

hehe...hmm...with all of us here who say that listening to TTRH at night helps soothe us to sleep, Bob almost seems like some kind of sandman-figure to me...or something like that...lol....reminds me of this sweet n' lovely poem he recited on the "Sleep" show:

To Say Before Going to Sleep

I would like to sing someone to sleep,
have someone to sit by and be with.
I would like to cradle you and softly sing,
be your companion while you sleep or wake.
I would like to be the only person
in the house who knew: the night outside was cold.
And would like to listen to you
and outside to the world and to the woods.

The clocks are striking, calling to each other,
and one can see right to the edge of time.
Outside the house a strange man is afoot
and a strange dog barks, wakened from his sleep.
Beyond that there is silence.

My eyes rest upon your face wide-open;
and they hold you gently, letting you go
when something in the dark begins to move.
Rainer Maria Rilke
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(I found another really cool poem by Rainer Maria Rilke, titled "Self-Portrait". I'm gonna include it here; it seems appropriate to share, with the upcoming release of "Another Self Portrait" and Bob's "Face Value" art exhibit in London...enjoy!:

Self-Portrait

The steadfastness of generations of nobility
shows in the curving lines that form the eyebrows.
And the blue eyes still show traces of childhood fears
and of humility here and there, not of a servant's,
yet of one who serves obediently, and of a woman.
The mouth formed as a mouth, large and accurate,
not given to long phrases, but to express
persuasively what is right. The forehead without guile
and favoring the shadows of quiet downward gazing.

This, as a coherent whole, only casually observed;
never as yet tried in suffering or succeeding,
held together for an enduring fulfillment,
yet so as if for times to come, out of these scattered things,
something serious and lasting were being planned.

Translated by Albert Ernest Flemming
Rainer Maria Rilke

PostPosted: Mon August 12th, 2013, 20:44 GMT 

i found a neat solution to TTR not being on the radio in the night, i filled an old 8gb ipod nano to the brim with 100 episodes and plugged in a rechargeable speaker.
I have often thought it would be a great present to give someone ~ a dedicated TTRpod.
...it's very important to remember to charge it up in daylight tho'.

PostPosted: Mon August 12th, 2013, 20:52 GMT 
Mercury Member

TTRHWilburysFan91 wrote:
hehe...hmm...with all of us here who say that listening to TTRH at night helps soothe us to sleep, Bob almost seems like some kind of sandman-figure to me...or something like that...lol....reminds me of this sweet n' lovely poem he recited on the "Sleep" show:

To Say Before Going to Sleep

I would like to sing someone to sleep,
have someone to sit by and be with.
I would like to cradle you and softly sing,
be your companion while you sleep or wake.
I would like to be the only person
in the house who knew: the night outside was cold.
And would like to listen to you
and outside to the world and to the woods.

The clocks are striking, calling to each other,
and one can see right to the edge of time.
Outside the house a strange man is afoot
and a strange dog barks, wakened from his sleep.
Beyond that there is silence.

My eyes rest upon your face wide-open;
and they hold you gently, letting you go
when something in the dark begins to move.
Rainer Maria Rilke
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(I found another really cool poem by Rainer Maria Rilke, titled "Self-Portrait". I'm gonna include it here; it seems appropriate to share, with the upcoming release of "Another Self Portrait" and Bob's "Face Value" art exhibit in London...enjoy!:

Self-Portrait

The steadfastness of generations of nobility
shows in the curving lines that form the eyebrows.
And the blue eyes still show traces of childhood fears
and of humility here and there, not of a servant's,
yet of one who serves obediently, and of a woman.
The mouth formed as a mouth, large and accurate,
not given to long phrases, but to express
persuasively what is right. The forehead without guile
and favoring the shadows of quiet downward gazing.

This, as a coherent whole, only casually observed;
never as yet tried in suffering or succeeding,
held together for an enduring fulfillment,
yet so as if for times to come, out of these scattered things,
something serious and lasting were being planned.

Translated by Albert Ernest Flemming
Rainer Maria Rilke

Thanks for these......lovely.

PostPosted: Fri August 16th, 2013, 20:07 GMT 

:)

PostPosted: Sun August 18th, 2013, 21:09 GMT 

Folks, I just had me another one of them strange, funny Zimmy-syncronicities today; I’m yearnin’ to share it here, since we’re talking bout listening to TTRH to help us sleep (and that's where my story begins here). Alright…so last night I was listening to the TTRH episode about “Time” to help sooth me to sleep – loved it! (I also listened to some of Bob’s own music as well, before and after listening to the show). Well, today I just went out to lunch with one of my friends, and SHE told me that she had a dream ABOUT BOB last night!!! ~possibly at the exact same time as I was listening to TTRH last night! (?)…how freaky-creepy-cool! ~And by the way, if you’re wondering whether she listens to his music to as she sleeps: no, she has told me before that she never listens to any music (like I do) when she goes to sleep; so it’s not like she was listening to him as she dreamt of him; and she’s not really even a big Dylan fan- but more of just a casual fan; she doesn’t love him as much as I do. Perhaps she dreamt of him because of all the time she spends with me, having to contend with me talkin’ about him a lot, hearing me play his music in my car, etc?; (actually, she told me that she had eaten some very spicy Indian food for a late-night dinner last night, and she reckons that’s the reason why she dreamt of him; hmmm, now I would’ve imagined that eating Indian food might conjure up a dream of someone like George Harrison instead, lol). She told me that her dream involved her and Bob eating fritos corn chips together, or something like that…. :shock: And she said that they were loading a bunch of guitars onto some trucks…and that’s about all she told me, of her dream about him. I asked her, “Did he SAY anything to you, in your dream?!!?!?”, to which she replied, “yeah”…so then I asked her, “ well, what did he say to ya!?!?! Come on, tell me!!!”. But all she said in response was something like, “I don’t know, I can’t remember what he said to me! I know he did say something, though”. (I got a bit frustrated at that, as you might imagine! grrr...). Our story doesn't end there, though: after lunch, she and I went to a local record store, and guess whose music was playin’ over the store’s speaker system? BOB OF COURSE! As we both stepped into the store together, “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” hit our ears, followed by “Tangled Up In Blue”. (just imagine if it had been “Dreamin’ Of You” or “Series Of Dreams” or “This Dream Of You” instead! :P ). In that instant when we first stepped into the shop to the tune of “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” I gave my friend the craziest, most bewildered and amazed look ever, eyebrows raised and all….and she nodded her head in response to the look on my face….
.....wow, what a day!….seems like Bob’s haunting me again! LOL, cool…Love this stuff :wink:

(Side-story: I remember when another friend of mine actually dreamt about Tom Petty sometime around the beginning of spring, in 2012….I remember we went out for a car trip together, the very next day after the night that he had dreamt of Tom Petty, and so I teasingly played Tom’s lovely song, “Angel Dream” on my car's audio system for my dreamin' friend to listen to. Tom opens that song up with the words, “I dreamed you, I saw your face”……I just couldn’t help giggling as Tom sang those lyrics on the record, into the ears of my friend who had just dreamt of him the night before!…That was such a pleasant, warm, funny little moment…Loved it :D