Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri October 20th, 2017, 06:51 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue December 15th, 2009, 14:01 GMT 

After leaving the Bob Dylan/Cadillac sub-site up for over two years, Sirius XM has removed the page, which included the 2 minute and 30-second versions of the Cadillac commercial, as well as an audio variant of the first half of the Cadillac episode of Theme Time Radio Hour. The Theme Time page has replaced its link to the Cadillac sub-site to a "Holiday Deals" satellite radio offer.

As noted in another Expecting Rain forum, the TV ads have also apparently been recently blocked to some viewers on YouTube, although I just went to the site and was able to find several different clips featuring the ad.

In any case, as with Croz's site, this is a good reminder that anything on the Web is ephemeral. If it's important to you to have a permanent copy of anything you should take the opportunity to get it while you can. I suspect that the rebroadcasts of TTRH will be ending soon, too, as Mr. D.'s "multi-year" contract expires.

PostPosted: Tue December 15th, 2009, 15:42 GMT 

thanks for the update. I'm starting to believe that we've heard the last of TTRH. What a wonderful and unexpected project it is!

PostPosted: Mon January 4th, 2010, 15:32 GMT 

Quote:
The Theme Time page has replaced its link to the Cadillac sub-site to a "Holiday Deals" satellite radio offer.

With the holidays over, the Cadillac marquee has returned to lower-rightof the Bob Dylan XM Radio page, now linking directly to the Cadillac Hybrid Escalade page, which can be had for a mere $73,425. :P Interesting. There must still be some sort of sponsorship agreement.

For those who keep track of these things as obsessively as I do, DirecTV has announced that they will be dropping their XM simulcast effective February 9, 2010, replacing XM with another music vendor.

I seldom listen to TTRH on-air anymore, but plan to tune in on Wednesday to see if the "encore presentation" are still airing in 2010. I've got no info one way or the other, but one would assume that eventually Sirius XM is going to figure that they've saturated the market with re-runs (and/or their contract with Grey Water Park expires) and will replace Theme Time with new content.

PostPosted: Tue January 5th, 2010, 16:21 GMT 

Fred whilst I would have loved Bob to continue the shows I think maybe he quit at the right time whilst the shows were still fresh and innovative.

PostPosted: Tue January 5th, 2010, 17:46 GMT 

Desolation Row wrote:
Fred whilst I would have loved Bob to continue the shows I think maybe he quit at the right time whilst the shows were still fresh and innovative.

Agreed, DR. I also think there's so much more they could have done, too. But at least we have the 100.

PostPosted: Tue January 5th, 2010, 23:22 GMT 

Im just playing devil's advocate really I still listen to the shows endlessly and wished he'd done more too.

PostPosted: Mon March 1st, 2010, 17:55 GMT 
Titanium Member

Desolation Row wrote:

But having the quality deteriorate would have given us so much to talk about...