Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu November 23rd, 2017, 20:28 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed October 28th, 2009, 12:11 GMT 

If you've seen today's (10/28/09) ER news page, you'll see a mention that Croz (Patrick Crosley) has taken his TTRH archives down, "... because the thousands of people who have been downloading it have contributed very little to the costs of hosting it" according to its Web page.

I'm sending an email off to Croz asking if he has an exact monthly figure in mind that he needs in order to keep the archives viable, or he might answer here as I know he visits (or at least did visit) this Forum.

Unfortunate, but the whole "free offering" thing is always a slippery slope, imo. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

PostPosted: Fri November 13th, 2009, 14:12 GMT 

Fwiw, the Croz archives are back on-line, at least for the moment.

PostPosted: Fri November 13th, 2009, 14:20 GMT 

It would be a real shame if those archives were no longer available. I'd be happy to make a small contribution if it would help towards keeping them up. Thanks for letting us know, Fred.

PostPosted: Fri November 13th, 2009, 14:43 GMT 

MatchStriker wrote:
It would be a real shame if those archives were no longer available. I'd be happy to make a small contribution if it would help towards keeping them up. Thanks for letting us know, Fred.

You're welcome. I guess it would help if I supplied the link, :o

http://www.croz.fm/

Croz hasn't been responding to my emails. The relaunched TTRH page notes...

Quote:
November 2009: If you plan to enjoy this Complete Archive of Bob Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hour please contribute to the costs of hosting it. The files add up to more than 8 gigabytes of MP3s and so hosting them for the thousands of people who download them costs a lot! If you don't donate then future folks will not be able to download the shows. The PayPal donation link is on the right, and if PayPal isn't your thing you can contact me at croz.fm@gmail.com. Let's work together to keep these greats shows online!

PostPosted: Thu July 8th, 2010, 20:13 GMT 

I'm sorry to say that the Croz TTRH archives - in fact, the entire site - is off-line once more. The site was featured on Tuesday's front page (the link apparently coming from Croz himself) which may have something to do with it. I don't know if the site went down due to traffic, if this is temporary, if Croz has finally decided to pull the plug, or if there's some other reason. Unfortunately, Croz seldom responds to emails anymore.

In any case, the Blind Willy archives are still available. Again a reminder that everything in the cloud is ephemeral, as is life.

PostPosted: Fri July 9th, 2010, 17:39 GMT 

This is not good news. :( Is there anyone else in the know regarding this shutdown? I hope he's ok. BBB

PostPosted: Fri July 9th, 2010, 20:57 GMT 

Croz shifted to subscriber membership in late May/early June and mentioned being offline for a while while he set things up. I thought the restart was June 19th but it might have been July. Hopefully he wil be back soon. He did mention that TTRH and, I think, the archives, would still be available to all. I think the response from people subscribing was good and hope this is just start-up time, perhaps moving to a new server. We will see.

PostPosted: Fri July 9th, 2010, 22:55 GMT 

He did have everything set to go in June. All was working fine until earlier this week. People could subscribe for up to four months. Many, like me, did. As I said, I hope he's ok; it's not about the music. He's done a lot for many over the past few years. BBB

PostPosted: Sat July 10th, 2010, 13:34 GMT 

BBB, I'm a 4 month subscriber also. I played in the subscriber sandbox a few times and then, starting in early/mid June started getting a "Internet Explorer Cannot Display This Webpage" error. I appreciate all Croz has done. He is much more then just a placer of music on a server, he provides an intersting forum and sense of community. I'm fine giving him whatever time he needs to put his site up as he wants it to become. I also hope all is well.

PostPosted: Sat July 10th, 2010, 14:51 GMT 

Croz's TTRH Archive is now back online folks. So is the Croz FM Forum.

PostPosted: Sat July 10th, 2010, 15:31 GMT 

He's back online. Yay! :D

PostPosted: Sat July 10th, 2010, 19:47 GMT 

Can you send me the link? I sitll get Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

PostPosted: Mon July 12th, 2010, 05:30 GMT 

http://croz.fm/

PostPosted: Sun July 25th, 2010, 15:37 GMT 

I don't think the forums are back. I've tried many times many different days using several browsers. has anybody gotten on recently. I also subscribed and the forums worked after June 19 but it stopped a few weeks later. I get a Problem Loading Page error message. I'd be curious to know if anybody has accessed the forums in the past few weeks.