Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri April 25th, 2014, 00:05 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 14th, 2009, 12:25 GMT 

ocgypsy asked about this is another thread, so I thought I'd give it its own topic.

Quote:
Sirius XM is giving one lucky fan a chance to win Bob Dylan’s complete CD catalog! With 35 titles in all, how can you pass this up? Looks like heaven is knock knock knocking on your door, since Sirius XM is also including an AUTOGRAPHED COPY of Bob's new #1 album, Together Through Life. As if that wasn’t enough, you’ll also receive two DVDs, MTV Unplugged and The Other Side Of The Mirror, and two books, Hollywood Foto-Rhetoric and Chronicles Vol. 1, and a SIRIUS Sportster 5 Satellite Radio with a one year subscription to “SIRIUS Everything Plus the Best of XM” so you can listen to Bob Dylan’s “Theme Time Radio Hour” in style. So what are you waiting for? Let us upgrade your CD collection with some of the most influential music ever recorded, courtesy of Columbia Records and SIRIUS XM. So "Don't Think Twice"... enter now for your chance to win!

Link is below. I believe the contest ends in early June, and while I haven't looked at the rules I suspect it's for U.S. residents only, unless Sirius XM is providing the radio as a "unique paperweight" to non-U.S. residents.

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentSe ... 1184075271

I've had a couple of emails and ocgypsy asked what that might mean in relation to TTRH's future. My response has been, "I don't know" but would speculate it means probably nothing except as a sign that both sides are keeping the door open as good business dictates.

PostPosted: Thu May 14th, 2009, 13:38 GMT 

its for US residents unless they live in Alaska...

PostPosted: Fri May 15th, 2009, 13:13 GMT 

I was listening to a TTRH re-run on Wednesday, and the DJ following the show was promoting the BD Catalog Collection heavily.

It occurred to me at around the same time that Sirius XM could re-run TTRH weekly into 2011 without ever repeating a show. The thought is both frightening and comforting.

PostPosted: Fri May 15th, 2009, 14:22 GMT 

By 2011 Bob will have completed Chronicles Parts II and III and will start begging to do another series of TTRH to get him away from the infernal portable typewriter.

PostPosted: Sat May 23rd, 2009, 00:30 GMT 

Hoping to go to see him Fresno, Stockton, CA ---
maybe make a sign:

XM SIRIUS??
THEY ALL AXED FOR YOU
@ER

you know how he loves to chit chat w/the audience.....