Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu December 14th, 2017, 21:04 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: Where Are the Indexes?
PostPosted: Wed April 15th, 2009, 16:56 GMT 

I can't get in to edit the Artist/Title index to Season 3 or the list of Most Played Artists, so I posted the updates through episode 99 at the end of their respective threads. Here's my breakdown on who's moving up on the most played list.

As is not surprising for a show made up of songs rejected from previous playlists, many old favorites hit the turn table on this two-hour supershow. The Rolling Stones are either “finished” or they’re “the greatest rock and roll band in the world”: either way Bob has played only two artists more. They’re now up to 9 spins—that’s once every 11 shows. Van Morrison also made the leap to 9 plays this time. Bob Wills got his 8th outing, probably more airtime than he has received in 50 years. Bob does love those Sun Studios alums: both Johnny Cash and Jerry Lee Lewis achieved their 7th plays this week. Billie Holiday got her 6th play, and Wanda Jackson entered another kind of Hall of Fame with 5 Theme Time plays, as did Big Joe Turner.

Reaching the first step to Dylan sanctification with three Theme Time plays each are Clarence Ashley, Clarence ‘Gatemouth’ Brown, Betty Carter, Bing Crosby, Ike Turner (with some help from the incendiary Tina), and Bob Marley and the Wailers.

Despite publicly threatening to stand on his host’s furniture wearing his boots, Steve Earle got his very first play this week. And, approaching what seems to be the last show of Season Three, I report without comment that George Jones has not been played a single time this season.

PostPosted: Wed April 15th, 2009, 17:14 GMT 

Absolutely Sweet Marie wrote:
...... And, approaching what seems to be the last show of Season Three, I report without comment that George Jones has not been played a single time this season.

:shock:
:lol:

Just you wait, Goodbye will be a full hour of the possum. heh.

PostPosted: Wed April 15th, 2009, 17:34 GMT 

MudCakeCreature wrote:
:shock:
:lol:

Just you wait, Goodbye will be a full hour of the possum. heh.

No, looking at CS Nielsen's track list, it looks like we made it--not a single George Jones song all year. That's assuming that Goodbye is really goodbye, at least for the year.

PostPosted: Thu April 16th, 2009, 16:49 GMT 

Absolutely Sweet Marie wrote:
....... No, looking at CS Nielsen's track list, it looks like we made it--not a single George Jones song all year. That's assuming that Goodbye is really goodbye, at least for the year.

Well, waddya know! Poor ole Possum, hope he didn't take it too hard.

Thanks again Absolutely Sweet Marie for all your great work and contributions in continuing the index started by Picasso, it is SO MUCH FUN to see all the artists and who he has played over the years, all very eye opening and intriguing. Hope we get a season 4, that would be awesome!