Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu December 14th, 2017, 10:13 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu July 10th, 2008, 18:46 GMT 

The people at the New American Music Union have provided Dreamtime with two free tickets to their Festival in Pittsburgh, PA - August 8th and 9th 2008. Bob Dylan and Band will be performing on the main stage on August 9th. Full details can be found at the NAMU site.

I'm giving away the tickets on a first-come, first-served basis to the first listener/reader who emails us at dreamtimepodcast@gmail.com. One ticket covers both days of the Festival, so you can bring a friend along or just take one ticket and let someone else have the second freebie. The folks at NAMU want me to note that this giveaway only covers the tickets. You're responsible for your own travel and lodging.

So if you're in the Pittsburgh area, decide that you want to be, or know someone who might like the tix, send me an email with your name and snailmail address... but do it ASAP, I only have the two.

PostPosted: Fri July 11th, 2008, 13:07 GMT 

Kevin from Maryland, who noted that he "lived in the Pittsburgh area for 11 years and would be happy to make the trip back..." was the first in our mailbox and our winner of the two tickets to the NAMU Music Festival on August 8 and 9.

Although not a surprise, it was kind of neat to read how far people were willing to travel to catch Mr. D. Hundreds of miles, in some instances. As Jackie Gleason once said of Miami Beach, Bob Dylan fans really are "the greatest audience in the world."

PostPosted: Sun July 27th, 2008, 17:36 GMT 

Fred@Dreamtime wrote:
The people at the New American Music Union have provided Dreamtime with two free tickets to their Festival in Pittsburgh, PA - August 8th and 9th 2008. Bob Dylan and Band will be performing on the main stage on August 9th. Full details can be found at the NAMU site.

I'm giving away the tickets on a first-come, first-served basis to the first listener/reader who emails us at dreamtimepodcast@gmail.com. One ticket covers both days of the Festival, so you can bring a friend along or just take one ticket and let someone else have the second freebie. The folks at NAMU want me to note that this giveaway only covers the tickets. You're responsible for your own travel and lodging.

So if you're in the Pittsburgh area, decide that you want to be, or know someone who might like the tix, send me an email with your name and snailmail address... but do it ASAP, I only have the two.

i always miss out on everything as usual. congratulations to the winner. probably i wont get to see a concert of his this year either---virgin mobile festival is not possible and i dont feel like volunteering to do garbage detail as part of the dream team. pittsburg was a long shot but i opened this page too late to try out for a freebie. curses

PostPosted: Sun July 27th, 2008, 18:16 GMT 

Quote:
pittsburg was a long shot but i opened this page too late to try out for a freebie. curses

You're not alone. I'm still getting email from people asking if I have any more tickets available... I guess the NAMU concert has already sold out. Sorry you missed out, but keep your eyes/ears open in this forum or at Dreamtime. If I get the opportunity again, maybe I'll have more than two.

PostPosted: Tue August 19th, 2008, 13:32 GMT 

Our winner of the tickets to the NAMU Festival, Kevin R. was kind enough to send in a trip report, as well as a couple of pix of Mr. D. in action...

http://www.dreamtimepodcast.com/2008/08 ... eport.html

PostPosted: Tue August 19th, 2008, 19:23 GMT 

Fred@Dreamtime wrote:
Our winner of the tickets to the NAMU Festival, Kevin R. was kind enough to send in a trip report, as well as a couple of pix of Mr. D. in action...

http://www.dreamtimepodcast.com/2008/08 ... eport.html

that was a wonderful commentary thank you goes out to Kevin R.

and i want to try next contest for tickets