Expecting Rain
http://www.expectingrain.com/discussions/

2.25 TTR Cold
http://www.expectingrain.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25974
Page 1 of 1

Author:  blindwilly [ Thu April 3rd, 2008, 05:22 GMT ]
Post subject:  2.25 TTR Cold

This is the charlespoetversion of Cold (thanks)
Last show of this season two but the shows will be resumed?!


Joint Version:

http://rapidshare.com/files/104472105/2 ... 4-2008.mp3

Archive Version:

http://rapidshare.com/files/104462433/2 ... 4-2008.zip

playlist:
Intro
T-Bone Walker - Cold Cold Feeling
Porter Waggoner - The Cold Hard Facts Of life
Ray Charles & Betty Carter - Baby, It's Cold Outside
John Lennon - Cold Turkey
Lightnin' Slim - Wintertime Blues
Loretta Lynn - When The Tingle Becomes A Chill
Big Joe Turner - The Chill Is On
Clarence Ashley & Doc Watson - Chilly Winds
Willie Walker - Warm To Cool To Cold
Charlie Feathers - Defrost Your Heart
The Charmer (Louis Farrakhan) - Stone Cold Man
Roy Hogshead - So Cold So Dead
The Parliaments - I Can Feel The Ice Melting
Tom Waits - Cold Cold Ground
Outro

thanks all for tuning in each week. I did enjoy to post the shows. Each show has about 2000 downloads, which shows that there is a great interest!
See you back for season 3.

Author:  AWA [ Thu April 3rd, 2008, 07:32 GMT ]
Post subject: 

Thanks for everything, bw.

I recall that "Nothing" was a theme listed for Season 2 yet it has yet to air? Hmmm... Where's that press release again?

Author:  CS Nielsen [ Thu April 3rd, 2008, 07:36 GMT ]
Post subject: 

Thanks for all your fabulous efforts, Willie - you're a real trooper, man!

Hats off to you, StewArt and Fred!

Enjoy your break - you deserve every minute of it! See you when the third season is upon us (looking forward to it!).

Cheers,

CS

Author:  tom [ Thu April 3rd, 2008, 08:13 GMT ]
Post subject: 

Thanks very much blindwilly! It's been a great TTRH-season thanks to you! :D :D :D :D :D
Hope to see you again when season 3 starts.

Author:  LaRue [ Thu April 3rd, 2008, 10:12 GMT ]
Post subject: 

Thanks blindwilly so much for everything! :D

Author:  A Girl of North Country [ Thu April 3rd, 2008, 11:30 GMT ]
Post subject: 

Cool. 8)

Thanks, Blind Willie! Can't wait to hear this one!
Hope you return for Season 3!

Thanks, again!



A Girl of North Country

Author:  Justinjest [ Thu April 3rd, 2008, 11:59 GMT ]
Post subject: 

Great post of a great show yet again.

However I am intrigued that the notepad attachment of the show tracklist includes several extra tracks as below:

Bonus Tracks:

Bob Dylan - Cold Irons Bound
Hank Williams - Cold Cold Heart
The White Stripes - In The Cold, Cold Night
Albert King - Cold Feet
Tommy Johnson - Cool Drink Of Water Blues

but these are NOT included in the download file/link!!!!!!

Author:  joepass [ Thu April 3rd, 2008, 13:10 GMT ]
Post subject: 

Great show!

Thanks for all your work, blindwilly & hope to see you in season 3 ;-)!!

Author:  Fred@Dreamtime [ Thu April 3rd, 2008, 14:15 GMT ]
Post subject: 

Quote:
I recall that "Nothing" was a theme listed for Season 2 yet it has yet to air? Hmmm... Where's that press release again?


I had to go dig it up, and here's the relevant paragraph from the press release...

Quote:
The first episode of season two will be devoted to the theme "Hello," with a song list that spans "Hello, Mello Baby" by The Mardi Gras Loungers, "Hello Trouble" by Buck Owens and "Hello in There" by John Prine, among many others. Fans can expect to hear future episodes this season dedicated to themes such as "Young & Old," "California," "Dreams," "Fruit," "Something," "Nothing," "Streets," "Parties," "Mail," and the 2nd Annual Countdown Show.


(emphasis mine) So, now we have the "lost Season 2 Theme Time Radio Hour episodes" :lol:

Looks like a nice multi-year contract Jeff Rosen must have negotiated for Mr. D. - 6 months on and 6 months off? I betcha Season 3 starts right around mid-September again, just in time for the book pre-publicity.

Author:  Cherryred [ Thu April 3rd, 2008, 14:32 GMT ]
Post subject: 

I recall that "Nothing" was a theme listed for Season 2 yet it has yet to air? Hmmm... Where's that press release again?




That's what we get next week!

NOTHIN'

Author:  Carolina [ Thu April 3rd, 2008, 14:47 GMT ]
Post subject: 

Thank's again blindwilly!
See you for season 3!

Have a nice time until there!

Author:  clarx [ Thu April 3rd, 2008, 15:25 GMT ]
Post subject: 

thanks for your marvelous work, Willie ! :D

Author:  Gussie [ Thu April 3rd, 2008, 17:08 GMT ]
Post subject: 

Thanks again Willie. Glad to hear Bob say at the end of 'Cold' that it's only a short break till season three. I don't mind a long break as long as we DO get season three, (and four, five, six etc!)

Author:  MudCakeCreature [ Thu April 3rd, 2008, 18:25 GMT ]
Post subject: 

Thanks Blind Willy for your constant attention and great work, it is a lot for you to keep up with and it is much appreciated. Many, many thanks!

Author:  dani [ Thu April 3rd, 2008, 19:10 GMT ]
Post subject: 

zeer bedankt, Blindwilly ! Tot volgend seizoen!

Author:  AWA [ Thu April 3rd, 2008, 20:51 GMT ]
Post subject: 

Fred@Dreamtime wrote:
Quote:
I recall that "Nothing" was a theme listed for Season 2 yet it has yet to air? Hmmm... Where's that press release again?


I had to go dig it up, and here's the relevant paragraph from the press release...

Quote:
The first episode of season two will be devoted to the theme "Hello," with a song list that spans "Hello, Mello Baby" by The Mardi Gras Loungers, "Hello Trouble" by Buck Owens and "Hello in There" by John Prine, among many others. Fans can expect to hear future episodes this season dedicated to themes such as "Young & Old," "California," "Dreams," "Fruit," "Something," "Nothing," "Streets," "Parties," "Mail," and the 2nd Annual Countdown Show.


(emphasis mine) So, now we have the "lost Season 2 Theme Time Radio Hour episodes" :lol:

Looks like a nice multi-year contract Jeff Rosen must have negotiated for Mr. D. - 6 months on and 6 months off? I betcha Season 3 starts right around mid-September again, just in time for the book pre-publicity.



Yeah I thought so.

Sounds to me like the XM-Sirus merger pre-empted the season and they split Season 2 in half so that "Season 3" can be launched to help boost ratings and interest in the new satellite network hybrid. This is, after all, the #1 show XM has and #2 overall on either station.

That would explain the "tagged on" feeling at the end of the "Cold" show where it just wrapped up... no credits, as if they didn't have time to re-record them or anything.

Anyone know when the new network officially starts broadcasting?

Author:  onemorecup [ Fri April 4th, 2008, 00:39 GMT ]
Post subject: 

The comments above make sense to me. I'm confident that the shows will continue. Didn't Bob say in the previous one that he's never going to run out of themes? :)

Thanks Blindwilly for helping to make all my car trips so enjoyable! I always have a copy of a Theme Time in there.

Author:  DownInAlabama [ Fri April 4th, 2008, 02:37 GMT ]
Post subject: 

onemorecup wrote:
The comments above make sense to me. I'm confident that the shows will continue. Didn't Bob say in the previous one that he's never going to run out of themes


Loved how he said it, "Not gon-na happen."

Thanks Blindwilly. It will be a long summer without these weekly posts from you. Enjoy your break!

Author:  mousetrouble [ Fri April 4th, 2008, 12:28 GMT ]
Post subject: 

Thanks for everything. Hope to see you again for season 3. :D

Author:  Fred@Dreamtime [ Fri April 4th, 2008, 12:59 GMT ]
Post subject: 

Quote:
Sounds to me like the XM-Sirus merger pre-empted the season and they split Season 2 in half so that "Season 3" can be launched to help boost ratings and interest in the new satellite network hybrid. This is, after all, the #1 show XM has and #2 overall on either station.

That would explain the "tagged on" feeling at the end of the "Cold" show where it just wrapped up... no credits, as if they didn't have time to re-record them or anything.

Anyone know when the new network officially starts broadcasting?


I'm going to (somewhat) disagree with your theory AWA. First, the merger isn't a done deal - the FCC still needs to make a positive ruling before Sirius takes over XM. However, most of the reports I've read indicate that ruling - which is overdue, it was expected in late March - to be positive.

However, when I was doing the research, I ran across an interesting statement by Sirius CEO Mel Karmazin, who was being interviewed on the Howard Stern show. Kamazin said,
Quote:
“Your Sirius satellite radio […] will not become obsolete, and you’ll still be able to get all your Sirius programming. Our hope would be that as we negotiate through existing contracts from the partners that we’ll be able to add content like Baseball to the Sirius system so our subscribers would be able to get some of that desirable content.”
So, I suspect what has happened is that the TTRH team is in the process of renegotiating its contract so that Sirius - as well as XM Radio - can broadcast the show if/when the merger takes place.

Author:  becca lecca [ Fri April 4th, 2008, 13:47 GMT ]
Post subject: 

thanks so much bw! I haven't been able to listen to the show in "real time" for a while and it is so wonderful knowing that you'd be posting the shows.
I luvs ya!
becca lecca

Author:  bloodandblues [ Fri April 11th, 2008, 13:45 GMT ]
Post subject:  poem

Does anyone know the name of the Bukowski poem he read?

Author:  Carolina [ Fri April 11th, 2008, 14:32 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: poem

bloodandblues wrote:
Does anyone know the name of the Bukowski poem he read?


Trashcan Lives

the wind blows hard tonight
and it's a cold wind
and I think about
the boys on the row.
I hope some of them have a bottle of
red.
it's when you're on the row
that you notice that
everything
is owned
and that there are locks on
everything.
this is the way a democracy
works:
you get what you can,
try to keep that
and add to it
if possible.
this is the way a dictatorship
works too
only they either enslave or
destroy their
derelicts.
we just forgot ours.
in either case
it's a hard
cold
wind.

Author:  bloodandblues [ Fri April 11th, 2008, 23:22 GMT ]
Post subject:  poem

thanks Carolina. Also, if you haven't seen it, I recommend a movie Fishing With John. Not really a movie, but a series of episodes. You've probably already seen it, but just in case......

Author:  Rebelscreamer [ Thu April 17th, 2008, 07:41 GMT ]
Post subject: 

Thanks for all your efforts and hard work blindwilly,much love to you and hope to see your posts again next season!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/