Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sat December 16th, 2017, 20:41 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed April 4th, 2007, 15:14 GMT 

Hellboy wrote:
Seems like the Clash got three airings (Tommy Gun, Radio Clash, Train In Vain) plus one from the 101ers (Keys To Your Heart), which gives Joe Strummer four appearances on TTRH.

Did I mark the contrary, Hellboy? Pls read again my updating of 03APR. ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed April 4th, 2007, 15:19 GMT 

Rocky Mountain Slim wrote:
Picasso from Belgium wrote:
All amazing pics used in this topic have been created by applesttrh from the United Kingdom.
Hip hip hooray for his talent!!!

I personally use his artwork and stewART's from Scotland to illustrate the TTRH shows in my iTunes library and my jewel cases

Cheers x 10, mates!

So why did you put up a picture of Picasso? Besides the fact that he is GREAT!

Rocky Mountain Slim, as you wrote Picasso was a great artist.
So it's normal stewART and Applettrh gets the 10 for their artwork. :-D

P.S.: I note you are from Denton. I'm happy I will attend a concert of Midlake next July near my home. ;-D
Will think of you when they will sing Roscoe.

Most playtime given by BD includes now TTRH #48 NY.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed April 4th, 2007, 23:15 GMT 

Hellboy wrote:
Seems like the Clash got three airings (Tommy Gun, Radio Clash, Train In Vain) plus one from the 101ers (Keys To Your Heart), which gives Joe Strummer four appearances on TTRH.

Did I mark the contrary, Hellboy? Pls read again my updating of 03APR. ;-)

Ah sorry, I hadn't seen your update. Thumbs up on the great job, Piccy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2007, 20:54 GMT 

Hellboy, the greatest fun is always to make an index of artists upon the playlist. That's why correct spelling of names is importing.
I would appreciate youngsters correct my inevitable mistakes. I'm surely open to this .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed April 11th, 2007, 21:06 GMT 

Nearing the end of his contract with XM Radio uncle Bob seems to reshuffle somehow the musical balance of his personal preferences, after dedicating his latest show to Death & Taxes. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu April 12th, 2007, 12:40 GMT 

Most playtime given by BD includes now TTRH #48 NY.

so, Picasso from Belgium, you weren't the guy from Truth n Consequences, NM, who sent Bob the e-mail asking if the longer shows represented some kinda preference for some kinda themes, were ya?

PostPosted: Sun July 22nd, 2007, 19:56 GMT 

Better late than never.

DJ Bob gave the most playtime during Season I of TTRH to following artists in his 50 shows aired between 03MAY06 and 18APR07 :

: 7x : George Jones aka The Possum °13SEP31

: 6x : Louis Armstrong, Van Morrison, Frank Sinatra, Dinah Washington and Hank Williams Sr

ImageImageImageImage

: 5x : Johnny Cash, Elvis Costello, Slim Gaillard, Louis Jordan,
Tom Waits and Muddy Waters

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

: 4x : Chuck Berry, June Christy, Ry Cooder, The Drifters, J.B. Lenoir, Buck Owens, Jimmie Rodgers, Joe Strummer, Irma Thomas, Porter Wagoner, Bob Wills and Howlin' Wolf

: 3x : The Beatles, Prince Buster, The Carter Family, The Clash, Bob Dorough, The Everly Brothers, Lefty Frizzell, Merle Haggard, Etta James, Buddy Johnson, The Kinks, Los Lobos, The Louvin Brothers, Loretta Lynn, Randy Newman, NRBQ, Anita O'Day, Johnny Otis, Charlie Parker, The Rolling Stones, The Stanley Brothers, Sister Rosetta Otis, Johnny Tyler, Eddie 'Cleanhead' Vinson, Fats Waller, Sonny Boy Williamson II and Stevie Wonder.

Corrected 11OCT07
(forgive me for not having the patience to move Frankie's picture one step higher, although he truely deserves this!!! ...)

Last edited by Picasso from Belgium on Tue April 1st, 2008, 01:42 GMT, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat September 22nd, 2007, 19:48 GMT 

Just be aware, guys, Frank Sinatra was standing - in fact - only one step below George Jones (and not 2 steps) at the end of Season I.
Mea culpa. :-(

ImageImage

It's applesttrh who incited me to start my springtime cleaning only the day before autumn! :-)

Last edited by Picasso from Belgium on Tue April 1st, 2008, 01:43 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat September 22nd, 2007, 20:19 GMT 

If the Creator of this topîc, MudCakeCreature, and supporter Mackthefinger don't mind, we better get organized for the next Bob awards including also the playtimes during Season II.

Right? :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat September 22nd, 2007, 22:24 GMT 

Global playtime offered by DJ Bob to artists as from 03MAY06 till 19SEP07 on TTRH :

: 7x : George Jones

: 6x : Louis Armstrong, Van Morrison, Frank Sinatra, Dinah Washington and Hank Williams Sr

: 5x : Johnny Cash, Elvis Costello, Slim Gaillard, Louis Jordan, Buck Owens, Tom Waits and Muddy Waters

: 4x : The Beatles, Chuck Berry, The Carter Family, June Christy, Ry Cooder, The Drifters, J.B. Lenoir, Jimmie Rodgers, Joe Strummer, Irma Thomas, Porter Wagoner, Bob Wills and Howlin' Wolf

: 3x : Prince Buster, The Clash, Bob Dorough, The Everly Brothers, Lefty Frizzell, Merle Haggard, Etta James, Buddy Johnson, The Kinks, Los Lobos, The Louvin Brothers, Loretta Lynn, Randy Newman, NRBQ, Anita O'Day, Johnny Otis, Charlie Parker, The Rolling Stones, The Stanley Brothers, Sister Rosetta Otis, Johnny Tyler, Eddie 'Cleanhead' Vinson, Fats Waller, Sonny Boy Williamson II and Stevie Wonder.

Corrected 11OCT07

Last edited by Picasso from Belgium on Tue April 1st, 2008, 01:44 GMT, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed September 26th, 2007, 21:23 GMT 

Global playtime offered by DJ Bob to artists as from 03MAY06 till 26SEP07 on TTRH :

: 6x : Louis Armstrong, Van Morrison, Frank Sinatra, Dinah Washington, Muddy Waters and Hank Williams Sr

: 5x : Johnny Cash, Elvis Costello, Slim Gaillard, Louis Jordan, Buck Owens and Tom Waits

: 4x : The Beatles, Chuck Berry, Prince Buster, The Carter Family, June Christy, Ry Cooder, The Drifters, J.B. Lenoir, Jimmie Rodgers, Joe Strummer, Irma Thomas, Porter Wagoner, Bob Wills and Howlin' Wolf

: 3x : The Clash, Bob Dorough, The Everly Brothers, Lefty Frizzell, Merle Haggard, Etta James, Buddy Johnson, The Kinks, Los Lobos, The Louvin Brothers, Loretta Lynn, Randy Newman, NRBQ, Anita O'Day, Johnny Otis, Charlie Parker, Charlie Poole, The Rolling Stones, The Stanley Brothers, Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Johnny Tyler, Eddie 'Cleanhead' Vinson, Fats Waller, Sonny Boy Williamson II and Stevie Wonder.

Amended 11OCT07

Today Muddy Waters went up one step and stands next to Dinah Washington and Louis Armstrong. :-)
Also Prince Buster got a promotion.
And Charlie Poole got a place into the gallery with 3 auditions now.

(pic applesttrh)

Last edited by Picasso from Belgium on Tue April 1st, 2008, 01:45 GMT, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu September 27th, 2007, 17:33 GMT 

@Picasso from Belgium:
You are doing such fantastic work, I really admire and respect your attention to detail, your information is a lot of fun to read each time the show is broadcast and while I do not come here as often as I used to, when I do visit I always like to see what you have been up to and it is ALWAYS so much fun to read your threads.

Thanks again, and I hope you are enjoying Season Two of TTRH...... best wishes,
MudCakeCreature

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat September 29th, 2007, 03:23 GMT 

Biggest surprise (?!?), after ... 51 TTRH shows, was Bob finally allowed Neil Young in! :-)

Well, I know Eric Clapton is a patient man...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed October 3rd, 2007, 23:23 GMT 

Global playtime offered on TTRH by DJ Bob to artists as from 03MAY06 till 03OCT07:

: 6x : Louis Armstrong, Van Morrison, Frank Sinatra, Tom Waits, Dinah Washington, Muddy Waters and Hank Williams Sr

: 5x : Johnny Cash, Elvis Costello, Slim Gaillard, Louis Jordan and Buck Owens

: 4x : The Beatles, Chuck Berry, Prince Buster, The Carter Family, June Christy, Ry Cooder, The Drifters, J.B. Lenoir, Jimmie Rodgers, The Rolling Stones, Joe Strummer, Irma Thomas, Porter Wagoner, Bob Wills and Howlin' Wolf

: 3x : The Clash, Bob Dorough, Sir Douglas Quintet, The Drifters, The Everly Brothers, Lefty Frizzell, Merle Haggard, Etta James, Buddy Johnson, The Kinks, Los Lobos, The Louvin Brothers, Loretta Lynn, Randy Newman, NRBQ, Anita O'Day, Johnny Otis, Charlie Parker, Charlie Poole, Doug Sahm, The Stanley Brothers, Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Johnny Tyler, Eddie 'Cleanhead' Vinson, Fats Waller, Sonny Boy Williamson II and Stevie Wonder.

Amended 11OCT07

After TTRG #53 Tom Waits went up by one step, next to Van Morrison.
The Rolling Stones are now on the same level as The Beatles.
And Doug Sahm joined the Top gallery.

(pic applesttrh)

Last edited by Picasso from Belgium on Tue April 1st, 2008, 01:46 GMT, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed October 3rd, 2007, 23:30 GMT 

Bob sure favors the boys, eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed October 3rd, 2007, 23:45 GMT 

Hehe, Becca Lecca, this is an interesting remark!
Never thought of it! :oops:
I even wonder if Bob is aware of this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu October 11th, 2007, 23:37 GMT 

Global playtime offered during the two seasons on TTRH by DJ Bob to artists as from 03MAY06 till 10OCT07:

: 6x : Louis Armstrong, Van Morrison, Frank Sinatra, Tom Waits, Dinah Washington, Muddy Waters and Hank Williams Sr

: 5x : Johnny Cash, Elvis Costello, Slim Gaillard, Louis Jordan and Buck Owens

: 4x : The Beatles, Chuck Berry, Prince Buster, The Carter Family, June Christy, Ry Cooder, Sir Douglas Quintet, The Drifters, J.B. Lenoir, Jimmie Rodgers, The Rolling Stones, Doug Sahm, Joe Strummer, Irma Thomas, Porter Wagoner, Bob Wills and Howlin' Wolf

: 3x : David Alvin, The Clash, Bob Dorough, The Drifters, The Everly Brothers, Lefty Frizzell, Merle Haggard, Etta James, Buddy Johnson, The Kinks, Los Lobos, The Louvin Brothers, Loretta Lynn, Joni Mitchell, Randy Newman, NRBQ, Anita O'Day, Johnny Otis, Charlie Parker, Webb Pierce, Charlie Poole, The Stanley Brothers, Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Johnny Tyler, Eddie 'Cleanhead' Vinson, Fats Waller, Sonny Boy Williamson II, Bobby Womack and Stevie Wonder.

Joni Mitchell (as only 10th lady...), David Alvin, Bobby Womack and Webb Pierce joined the gallery upon their third audition.

Last edited by Picasso from Belgium on Tue April 1st, 2008, 01:47 GMT, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed October 17th, 2007, 01:35 GMT 

On TTRH 53 Days Of The Week His Bobness apparently says at the end of track 7, after playing Blue Monday, : That was Smiley Lewis, who has the edge over George Jones as the most played artist on TTRH.
!!??!! (it took me 5 times of rewinding to try to understand what he exactly said...)
Smiley Lewis was played only twice so far : 12/14 + 53/7 versus George Jones x7.
Is this a joke à la Dylan?

Last edited by Picasso from Belgium on Tue April 1st, 2008, 01:48 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed October 17th, 2007, 23:07 GMT 

Global playtime offered during the two seasons on TTRH by DJ Bob to artists as from 03MAY06 till 17OCT07:

: 7x : George Jones and Muddy Waters

: 6x : Louis Armstrong, Van Morrison, Frank Sinatra, Tom Waits, Dinah Washington and Hank Williams Sr

: 5x : Prince Buster, Johnny Cash, Elvis Costello, Slim Gaillard, Louis Jordan and Buck Owens

: 4x : The Beatles, Chuck Berry, The Carter Family, June Christy, Ry Cooder, Sir Douglas Quintet, The Drifters, J.B. Lenoir, Jimmie Rodgers, The Rolling Stones, Doug Sahm, The Stanley Brothers, Joe Strummer, Irma Thomas, Porter Wagoner, Bob Wills and Howlin' Wolf

: 3x : David Alvin, Ray Charles, The Clash, Bob Dorough, The Drifters, The Everly Brothers, Lefty Frizzell, Merle Haggard, Etta James, Buddy Johnson, The Kinks, Los Lobos, The Louvin Brothers, Loretta Lynn, Joni Mitchell, Randy Newman, NRBQ, Anita O'Day, Johnny Otis, Charlie Parker, Webb Pierce, Charlie Poole, The Staple Singers, Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Johnny Tyler, Eddie 'Cleanhead' Vinson, Fats Waller, Sonny Boy Williamson II, Bobby Womack and Stevie Wonder.

Updated 21OCT07

George Jones got the company now of Muddy Waters on the lonely top of the ranking.
Prince Buster goes to # 3
The Stanley Brothers are #4.
And Ray Charles and The Staple Singers appear on stage after 3 auditions on the air.

(pic applesttrh)

Last edited by Picasso from Belgium on Tue April 1st, 2008, 01:48 GMT, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu October 18th, 2007, 02:30 GMT 

thanks Picasso! I love that bob loves muddy waters....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed October 24th, 2007, 23:30 GMT 

Global playtime offered during the two seasons on TTRH # 01 - # 56 by DJ Bob to artists as from 03MAY06 till 24OCT07:

: 6x : Louis Armstrong, Van Morrison, Frank Sinatra, Tom Waits, Dinah Washington and Hank Williams Sr

: 5x : Prince Buster, Johnny Cash, Elvis Costello, Slim Gaillard, Louis Jordan, Buck Owens and Bob Wills

: 4x : David Alvin, The Beatles, Chuck Berry, The Carter Family, June Christy, Ry Cooder, Sir Douglas Quintet, The Drifters, Buddy Johnson, J.B. Lenoir, Jimmie Rodgers, The Rolling Stones, Doug Sahm, The Stanley Brothers, Joe Strummer, Irma Thomas, Porter Wagoner and Howlin' Wolf

: 3x : Ray Charles, The Clash, Bob Dorough, The Drifters, The Everly Brothers, Lefty Frizzell, Merle Haggard, Etta James, The Kinks, Los Lobos, The Louvin Brothers, Loretta Lynn, Joni Mitchell, Randy Newman, NRBQ, Anita O'Day, Johnny Otis, Charlie Parker, Webb Pierce, Charlie Poole, The Staple Singers, Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Johnny Tyler, Eddie 'Cleanhead' Vinson, Fats Waller, Sonny Boy Williamson II, Bobby Womack and Stevie Wonder.

Updated 25OCT07

Went up one step this week : Bob Wills, David Alvin and Buddy Johnson.

(applesttrh)

Last edited by Picasso from Belgium on Tue April 1st, 2008, 01:49 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu November 8th, 2007, 00:40 GMT 

Global playtime offered during the two seasons on TTRH by DJ Bob to artists as from 03MAY06 till 07NOV07:

: 6x : Louis Armstrong, Van Morrison, Frank Sinatra, Tom Waits, Dinah Washington, Hank Williams Sr and Bob Wills

: 5x : Prince Buster, Johnny Cash, Elvis Costello, Slim Gaillard, Louis Jordan, Buck Owens

: 4x : David Alvin, The Beatles, Chuck Berry, The Carter Family, June Christy, Ry Cooder, Sir Douglas Quintet, The Drifters, Buddy Johnson, J.B. Lenoir, Loretta Lynn, Jimmie Rodgers, The Rolling Stones, Doug Sahm, The Stanley Brothers, Joe Strummer, Irma Thomas, Porter Wagoner and Howlin' Wolf

: 3x : Hank Ballard, Ray Charles, The Clash, Bob Dorough, The Drifters, The Everly Brothers, Lefty Frizzell, Merle Haggard, Etta James, The Kinks, Los Lobos, The Louvin Brothers, Joni Mitchell, Bill Monroe, Randy Newman, NRBQ, Anita O'Day, Johnny Otis, Charlie Parker, Webb Pierce, Charlie Poole, The Staple Singers, Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Johnny Tyler, Eddie 'Cleanhead' Vinson, Fats Waller, Sonny Boy Williamson II, Bobby Womack and Stevie Wonder.

Updated 08NOV07

Bob Wills joins his friend Hank Williams Sr now on the second highest step.
Uncle Bob gave a gentle push to Loretta Lynn by letting her sing for the 4th time.
And Hank Ballard and Bill Monroe finally entered the gallery.

(applesttrh)

Last edited by Picasso from Belgium on Tue April 1st, 2008, 01:49 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu November 8th, 2007, 20:21 GMT 

Forgive me if anyone's already mentioned this, but if Doug Sahm and The Sir Douglas Quintet are counted toether, then isn't Doug Sahm actually the most played artist?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri November 16th, 2007, 18:14 GMT 

@ Phaedra
Sorry for late reaction.
I will reply early next week.

Update favourite artists Mr Dylan will be posted here including TTRH #58 at the same time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat November 17th, 2007, 23:53 GMT 

I fully agree with Becca & Lotusia.
Bob is a bloody macho! ;-)

@ Mr Bob Dylan & C°:
Suggestion for a theme : RESPECT or much easier, though more vulnerable : FEMININITY . :-)

Last edited by Picasso from Belgium on Sun November 18th, 2007, 12:47 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next